• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Lady Gaia

Any word on if XCOM 2 patch is live and what it does?

No patch yet, and no idea what's expected of it. I hope they've been doing some work on quality with an emphasis on load times and crashes because the game shipped in pretty rough shape. I'd be happy to see enhanced visuals but they wouldn't be first on my list of things that need work.

How many games have issues? TLOU, Deus Ex...? It sounds like most of the stuff that just launched seems fine but the older stuff has some quirks.

Frame rate problems ? TLoU, Skyrim and Deus Ex. Last one was a mess on PC, too.

Visual gltiches I heard of WoFF and Hitman.

Honestly, I think supersampling has justified the pro to me. The image quality bump on ratchet and dishonored 2 is pretty revelatory to me. If supersampaling is the standard, and then there are 1080p specific modes like Infamous and Tomb Raider, I consider this $200 well spent (hardrive space, ne controller and noise level seal the deal).

ZehDon

Any impressions for Elder Scrolls Online? Apart from Titanfall 2, it's the only other game I really put time into. It's listed as native 4k, and I have a 4k set, so pretty excited to take a look. Any thoughts?

I can hear slight coil whine from the console. It varies from game to game but not as loud as ive heard in the past. Is coil whine a problem?

Also, does anyone know how I switch the game from 4K to 1080p in the last of us?

Humdinger

Man i love my Pro but i really want a 4K set now.

Same. I bought a Pro, sold on 1080p benefits, planning to wait until 2017 for a 4K TV. But hearing all the praise for 4K and HDR on UC4, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous ... it makes me want a 4K TV now. I can't help but drool at fantasies of how Skyrim, Gravity Rush, Horizon, FFXV, etc. will look in good 4K/HDR.

The main thing that makes me hesitate is that people with 4K sets seem to be asking a lot of questions about setting them up. I need things to be relatively simple and clear-cut. I'm not all that bright.

MANGOD

Banned
The cod remaster looks and runs sublime on the pro. Just waiting on infinate to download as Im guessing that looks even better

DjRalford

Same. I bought a Pro, sold on 1080p benefits, planning to wait until 2017 for a 4K TV. But hearing all the praise for 4K and HDR on UC4, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous ... it makes me want a 4K TV now. The main thing that makes me hesitate is that people with 4K sets seem to be asking a lot of questions about setting them up. I need things to be relatively simple and clear-cut. I'm not that bright.

This won't help but.........i went to within a couple of inches of my Samsung KS7000 this morning playing ratchet looking for some sort of muddyness, but nothing, still absolutly pin sharp.

The stuff I read about is 53fps instead of 60fps. To me not a huge deal if you have 1440 or 1800p or 4K. Hopefully it gets improved.

I'm sure it will, it's being blown way out of proportion but still need highlighting so it doesn;t become the norm.

Lucreto

It's not my week

I disconnected my old PS4 and took out the 2TB drive, installed the old one and boxed it off. My Pro should have been delivered today but it didn't arrive, no sign it will be delivered tomorrow.

I decided to take out my PS4 and use it over the weekend but now it won't turn on. It boots up for a second and turns off again. Can anyone help with this problem so it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Smo21

No patch yet, and no idea what's expected of it. I hope they've been doing some work on quality with an emphasis on load times and crashes because the game shipped in pretty rough shape. I'd be happy to see enhanced visuals but they wouldn't be first on my list of things that need work.

Oh I thought it was out since it was on all the list of day one games

It's not my week

I disconnected my old PS4 and took out the 2TB drive, installed the old one and boxed it off. My Pro should have been delivered today but it didn't arrive, no sign it will be delivered tomorrow.

I decided to take out my PS4 and use it over the weekend but now it won't turn on. It boots up for a second and turns off again. Can anyone help with this problem so it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Hold power button until it beeps two times, then rebuild database. See if you can get into the safe mode.

Ammogeddon

Haven't read any impressions at all about Titanfall 2. Curious how that one looks and runs.

It was discussed quite a bit last weekend when someone posted 1080p down sampled images. They looked amazing and were legit.

I just got it tonight and am enjoying it so far. It looks very nice in 4K and runs solid.

SeanR1221

Figured out the problem.

The default cable was trash. I took a chance with an hdmi I have and now I'm getting 4K and I didn't have to turn off hdcp.

Fucking junk cable

I don't think UC4 has any issues. I played a bunch of SP levels and a ton of MP. SP was fine (looked amazing). MP was clearly 1080p and had a fairly strong locked 60 FPS (as opposed to base model, I didn't notice any drops in my 3-4 matches).

About the only issue with UC4 is actually on the MP side of things. It has a sharpening filter that I assume was to combat the 900p that comes off a bit strong at times (loading screen for sure, certain map locations). Though it's not a big issue most of the time as the style of MP doesn't really make it apparent a lot of the time.

Might be a general question but it's happening on my pro so......

Streaming to twitch, the quality/bitrate is crap! Got more then enough bandwidth to do 720p/60fps but seems like i'm running about 800-1000kbps short on my bitrate. Changed the router and tried google and open dns....still the same, though going through obs on the pc to twitch is fine.

Going round in circles and it's doing my nut in!

(unless twitch has got a strop on then ignore me :D)

Figured out the problem.

The default cable was trash. I took a chance with an hdmi I have and now I'm getting 4K and I didn't have to turn off hdcp.

Fucking junk cable

Speaking of the cable that came with Pro does it have a Playstation logo on the connector parts? In my organizing/setting everything up including VR and a HDMI switch I got all the HDMI cables confused and couldn't remember which one came with the unit.

Lucreto

Hold power button until it beeps two times, then rebuild database. See if you can get into the safe mode.

Can't even get that far. I hold the power button, it beeps, blue light comes on for a second the console clicks and turns off. I don't remove my finger from the button the entire time.

03sho

Anyone notice their fan constantly switching from high to low?

When I say high I don't mean jet engine high. Just a higher speed and then back to normal and then higher speed etc

Is anyone else experiencing a high pitched sound on their PS4 Pro? It sounds like a coil whine-sound. I've heard it both in Skyrim SE and BF1. On Skyrim it disappears when you press start and enter the menu. It's not super loud, but nevertheless quite irritating. I won't hear it clearly while I have the volume cranked up of course, but anyway...

I noticed it - not much but mostly in 4k native titles

ZehDon

There were some impression in the ESO thread, frame rate seems to be greatly improved.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=224001879
lick-lips-gif.gif

Elitist1945

Gonna be honest. I didn't notice much of a visual difference between TLOU's locked 30 vs 60 mode, and the 30fps just feels like shit so staying 60 seems like a no brainer.

Starting to sense a consensus that Infamous is the most consistently impressive Pro game right now but only assuming you have a TV that can really handle an HDR signal. Otherwise some say it looks too dark. Not on my Samsung though.

What Samsung have you got and what settings are you using. I have a JS9000 and its THE worst HDR title due to the darkness in the game

I feel like Fifa 17 fell by the wayside. Can't find any solid news about the Pro patch. Has anyone else managed to find out anything about it?

DBT85

I know... There is no Patch for #DRIVECLUB

But, the 1080p recording is something new, and I just caught something funny.

https://youtu.be/NtBDVSvyAww

Lol.

It's criminal that this isn't getting a patch :(

I'll be another storm cloud in this thread, but I'll say my piece and move on without shitting things up. I've spent about 10 hours now with the system, playing mostly Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank. Right now, it's kind of meh for me.

This system just feels half-assed. Don't get me wrong, I love having a more powerful Playstation 4 and access to the fantastic games library; I'm also happy for the folks who don't plan on getting into pc gaming--they now have a pretty good alternative at a fair price. That said, the system doesn't seem to have enough chutzpah to it on the CPU side of things, and the current model of having developers provide patches at their own whim is a huge buzzkill. I'm really hoping that Sony allows for a little more creativity with devs and a lot more freedom for the end user when it comes to resolutions and improvements for games without patches.

I realize the complaints I'm throwing at it probably come across as unfair since I obviously knew what I was getting into when I purchased it, but I'm just having a tough time thinking this thing is going to take off...and of course that means the potential for waning support. As we move into the holiday season, I just don't see how this thing sways consumers to buy it rather than the standard PS4, which will be creeping down to $249 with games included.

Time will tell, and I'm not returning it or anything like that, but so far the Pro just strikes me as a curiosity.

Nothing wrong with voicing your thoughts! No thread should be an echochamber of yes men.

I'll say that the current patch thing is just because it's launch. From now on all games will have some mode that does something. What it does is indeed up to them, provided its at 1080. I do wish that more devs would just test it with their existing game and push a tiny patch that just uses the extra power without them even changing the game, but that's not going to happen.

At the end of the day it doesn't have to take off, its an option. If people want a Slim they can play all the game I can play on a Pro. I can't imagine support is going to wane. The very worst that happens in a complete Vita like situation is that all Pro games just run at 1080 with a stable framerate. I just can't see devs not using the power to do something with it.

I just wish I was at home playing rather than at work, on the web talking about it!

I wish Driveclub would get a patch. I'd love a Uncharted collection patch. And Journey. and. and. and.

Anyone using a Pro with a 1080p tn panel? Is the visual upgrade still worthwhile?

There's a whole thread of people talking about exactly that :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311858

c00l3ru

For me UC4 chapter 13 when you are on the boat and have to follow the arrows around the island's is the real eye opener for me for what HDR can do for games especially in the cave sections. If you have the game go and play it you have a 4k tv with HDR.

Synless

Took me 8 hours for 350gb yesterday and it wasn't wifi, both consoles were connected to the router.
I connected my PS4 to the Pro with just the Ethernet cable and transferred over 389gb in just 64 minutes. Why transfer any other way?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Has anyone else tried Bloodborne? Either I'm just not remembering the frame-rate correctly or it seems to be dropping a few more frames. Anyone else want to try and tell me I'm just being dumb and remembering poorly?

Top Bottom