• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

wowzors

So I have a 1080p display, do I need to do anything specific to get the pro benefits? Or do I just boot up Titan fall 2 and it knows I'm using a pro?

Hi there. Just back from work and unpacked a PS4 Pro I got today. Powered it on ad all I'm getting is 3 beeps ... and nothing else.
Is it bricked? DOA?

Ferr986

Has anyone else tried Bloodborne? Either I'm just not remembering the frame-rate correctly or it seems to be dropping a few more frames. Anyone else want to try and tell me I'm just being dumb and remembering poorly?

Be sure it's not the framepacing playing you. BB can be really jarry if you come from a 60fps game because of the framepacing until you get used to it.

Certinty

If you have FIFA 17... PLAY IT NOW!

Dear God this looks too good to be real. I've got to hand this one to EA, amazing stuff.

ViciousDS

Banned
Tomb Raider has specific options for 1080P. Titanfall has none, it will just super sample down to 1080P.

Agreed. Stunning game.

What's actually better though, the 1080p max details or downsampling.

Sure you get some improved settings on the 1080p enhanced mode......but supersampling is clean as fuck!

Lady Gaia

Oh I thought it was out since it was on all the list of day one games

It's possible that it was Pro enhanced as shipped or with the day one patch, but that was late September so I didn't think it was the case and there hasn't been a patch since. There's nothing in the game options that suggests it is, load times are as absurdly long as ever, and aliasing is still pretty obvious on the title screen, load screens, and during gameplay.

So I'm still waiting on a patch until I hear otherwise.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Has anyone else tried Bloodborne? Either I'm just not remembering the frame-rate correctly or it seems to be dropping a few more frames. Anyone else want to try and tell me I'm just being dumb and remembering poorly?

I feel the same way. The game is not running smoothly, but it has been 6 months since I have played it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Be sure it's not the framepacing playing you. BB can be really jarry if you come from a 60fps game because of the framepacing until you get used to it.

I hope so. I left a comment with DF's new video asking if they can test Bloodborne. If it's running fine I can get it out of my head but if it's tested as running slower then Sony should be obligated to fix at least that; it's one of the PS4's killer apps.

dano1

A Sheep
I connected my PS4 to the Pro with just the Ethernet cable and transferred over 389gb in just 64 minutes. Why transfer any other way?

Because Sony shows to hook it up to a router:(. I wish I knew!! Took me 11 hours for 500gb. Uuuugg.

But playing BF1 made it all worth it:)

Tinúviel

Can i invite you to a moment of silence for no The Order 1886 patch for Pro.

I really like how Pro improves 1080p experience,gorgeous supersampling and after seeing this Order 1886's and Driveclub's situation makes me sad.

c00l3ru

Tinúviel;224155782 said:
Can i invite you to a moment of silence for no The Order 1886 patch for Pro.

I really like how Pro improves 1080p experience,gorgeous supersampling and after seeing this Order 1886's and Driveclub's situation makes me sad.
Totally agree.

I'm going crazy playing the final fantasy 15 judgement demo on the pro. It looks so damn good. Their skins look real man.

Ps4 pro purchase validated. Can't wait for full game.

Also anyone who is interested in Uncharted 4 on pro should definitely give it a go. I have not played Uncharted 4 for about 3 months and it's like I'm playing a totally different game.

CrazyHal

I saw a lot of people saying that it's better to set our 4k tv's to game mode in order to have minimal input delay, but whether i play in game mode or not, i honestly can't feel a difference.

That's with Infinite warfare btw.

cilonen

How is the Pro mode for Dishonored 2? Planning on getting it tomorrow.

Framerate is nice and high, feels like 60 but can't be sure it definitely is.

I don't know if it's doing any downsampling or if there are any other visual effects over the regular version though.

It does look very clean.

CaLe

About to go to EB Games... For someone with a 1080p tv and a base PS4, is the upgrade worth it ? Sorry, I'm sure the question has been asked many times...

Edit: Also, I just have to format my old PS4 before trading it ?

Tinúviel

MWR,i resized pictures to 1080p.

callofduty_modernwarfbdu32.png

callofduty_modernwarfgrua5.png

callofduty_modernwarfxbu9x.png

About to go to EB Games... For someone with a 1080p tv and a base PS4, is the upgrade worth it ? Sorry, I'm sure the question has been asked many times...

I have a 1080p TV as well and my suggestion is to ask yourself:

How much you value image quality and what games you are playing?

If your a fan of BF1, then Pro is basically a must since it makes the framerate ridiculously better. In most other games IQ gets a noticeable bump and in some titles (Hitman, Infamous), you get a framerate bump along with some visual upgrades.

Hell, probably the game that really made me happy for the purchase was the FFXV demo, which looks great on Pro.

Edit: Format and remember to deactivate it as your primary console.

Edit: Also, I just have to format my old PS4 before trading it ?

Its worth the price difference when selling your old PS4 and paying just the difference, yes. You are going to get at least 3 years of the improved games and not to mention the HDD upgrade. Unless money is super tight, hell yes.

Make sure you deactivate, then delete your users. Also do a restore preferences. I just deleted my games one by one, took no time at all. And of course save your saves to a usb.

CaLe

I have a 1080p TV as well and my suggestion is to ask yourself:

How much you value image quality and what games you are playing?

If your a fan of BF1, then Pro is basically a must since it makes the framerate ridiculously better. In most other games IQ gets a noticeable bump and in some titles (Hitman, Infamous), you get a framerate bump along with some visual upgrades.

Hell, probably the game that really made me happy for the purchase was the FFXV demo, which looks great on Pro.

Edit: Format and remember to deactivate it as your primary console.

Its worth the price difference when selling your old PS4 and paying just the difference, yes. You are going to get at least 3 years of the improved games and not to mention the HDD upgrade. Unless money is super tight, hell yes.

Make sure you deactivate, then delete your users. Also do a restore preferences. I just deleted my games one by one, took no time at all. And of course save your saves to a usb.

Awesome, thanks a lot guys. I'm mostly interested in the upgrade for FF XV. I also do value image quality a lot of plan on getting a 4K TV down the road.

Decision made, thanks :)

Edit: Did Driveclub get a boost too ?

Seth

Does tomb raider support HDR?

My tv isn't reporting that it's running in HDR. It also always says it's in 4k even with I pick the non 4k modes.

Awesome, thanks a lot guys. I'm mostly interested in the upgrade for FF XV. I also do value image quality a lot of plan on getting a 4K TV down the road.

Decision made, thanks :)

Edit: Did Driveclub get a boost too ?

FFXV's boost is pretty good (the hair especially!). The demo has a few performance issues with the downsampled mode but I'm pretty confident they'll clear those up by launch given that they've managed to make the OG PS4 version run so solidly.

Edit: Also, the games I've played with the best IQ by far are UC4 and Ratchet and Clank. But the former just looks unreal.

burgerdog

Lawd it is taking the pro a hell of a long time to install U4 from the disc. I booted it up and I got greeted with a please wait 30 minutes. So i turned it off and tried it again after work and it didn't install while in rest mode. Finally got through and the disc is still spinning and making a ton of sounds.

I know this is the dumbest question ever, but how does the power button on the front work? I'm holding my finger on it, and it's not turning off.

Is something different than the OG PS4?

I know this is the dumbest question ever, but how does the power button on the front work? I'm holding my finger on it, and it's not turning off.

Is something different than the OG PS4?

Yes. This got me too, I shit myself. You have to physically press it like a button until you hear a click. I actually prefer this though.
Edit: Jeez I was months late!

Top Bottom