• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any else having problems with the eject button?
It works....sometimes
But if a disc is spinning you've got no chance

Super dumb question:

Wired is ALWAYS better than wifi, right? Even though this has 5ghz?

If you're internet speeds are fairly low to begin with, and/or you're console is very close to your router, there may be zero speed difference.

Your ping, however, is essentially always going to be worse. However, it may or may not be a negligible difference.

As a side note, 5ghz is not necessarily better than 2.4ghz! 2.4ghz wireless signals are able to travel longer distances and are better at passing through walls. However, if you live in a crowded area, 5ghz will probably be better simply because it is used less often.

So, the answer is no, because you can't say anything in absolutes. :p

Just tried BB on the OG and Pro and they seem very similar. Framepacing could be a little worse on the Pro but that may just be random.

Still no BB Pro patch is a literal crime.

I can't get my PS4 Pro to display after turning on from Rest mode. The display will come up if I've turned it off completely, but when waking it up from rest mode it says the HDMI isn't connected to anything. Really hope I don't need to return it.

btkadams

Do OG PS4 power cables work with the PS4 Pro? If I'm using a 1080p tv, can I use the same hdmi and power cables that I was using with my launch PS4?

DBT85

Do OG PS4 power cables work with the PS4 Pro? If I'm using a 1080p tv, can I use the same hdmi and power cables that I was using with my launch PS4?

No. OG uses figure 8 lead while Pro uses a kettle lead, found on PCs, TVs etc.

I can't get my PS4 Pro to display after turning on from Rest mode. The display will come up if I've turned it off completely, but when waking it up from rest mode it says the HDMI isn't connected to anything. Really hope I don't need to return it.

Have you tried another lead or other ports on your TV?

Is the power lead in all the way, is it on at the wall, have you tried another lead, have you given the button a good solid push?

Everything seems fine...

The eject button is beeping but the power is not turning on...(man those buttons are garbage).

FHIZ

So I've passed over some discussion of video signal dropping out but paid no attention till now. Playing Titanfall and the video going to my Vizio P series just drops out for a couple seconds every minute or so. Any tips or solutions to this? Continued to the dashboard too. I just did a power cycle on the console and TV. Wasn't having any issues yesterday.

DjRalford

So I've passed over some discussion of video signal dropping out but paid no attention till now. Playing Titanfall and the video going to my Vizio P series just drops out for a couple seconds every minute or so. Any tips or solutions to this? Continued to the dashboard too. I just did a power cycle on the console and TV. Wasn't having any issues yesterday.

You using the included HDMI?

I've seen a few people now say they've had similar issues and changing the cable worked to fix it.

zarnold56

I had the exact same issue with mine. Would not boot all the way from rest mode. Tried tons of thing including initializing it again, but no luck. I exchanged mine for another one and it works fine.

nomis

Used my console for almost 12 hours, like the whole day yesterday, got really hot on top and underneath on the shelf by the end. Now it seems like it's constantly in jet engine mode.

Don't know if I just didn't notice yesterday or if I should try taking it back to EB Games

breakfuss

LOLOL yep the power button confused the shit out of me too, hadn't realized they changed it. I was desperately trying to turn it on for like 5 minutes before I figured it out.

Man, wondering if I should pick up Shadow of Mordor. I HATED that shit when I originally tried playing but now I'm looking for more stuff to feed the Pro. Color me impressed with what I've seen so far. R&C truly is a sight to behold. Completely unrelated (don't kill me) but Horizon 3 looks stunning on my TV as well. 4K/HDR is real haha, and this is coming from a blind cynic. I even re-downloaded Knack, god help me.

Hmm. The beep suggests power is there. The power button isn't great, I needed a few tries to get it on at first.

Have you tried setting a different resolution or anything? I know you shouldn't have to!

Managed to turn it by pushing that button freakin hard but now the console is flashing blue and the screen resolution is constantly switching with no actual image...

Edit: Changed the hdmi cable and it's working now... but goddamn the power button is absolute trash.

DBT85

Managed to turn it by pushing that button freakin hard but now the console is flashing blue and the screen resolution is constantly switching with no actual image...

I'd turn it off and try and get in to safe mode. Hold the button for 7 seconds and when you hear 2 beeps let go. It could be there's something weird with your HDMI ports on your TV maybe?
EDIt: glad that fixed it.

Is it just me or does the HDR option for infamous look really awful?

Lots of people have said it looks great. What are you seeing?

Seth

I'd turn it off and try and get in to safe mode. Hold the button for 7 seconds and when you hear 2 beeps let go. It could be there's something weird with your HDMI ports on your TV maybe?

Lots of people have said it looks great. What are you seeing?

Characters/people literally look like black blobs. There no detail on them at all. Object seems To get dark when I move the camera. Even tapping the stick to move the camera a lot of the world just kinda darkens then gets lighter when I stop moving the camera.

I have a Vizio p75. Movies look great on it, but this is the first HDR game I've tried. Don't have anything else to try just yet.

The only thing at this point is to comb over all the Pro's Display setting options, and then your TV's settings options and make sure it's all good to go.

There is a lot that can go wrong. Are you on RGB mode or YUV mode. Are you overscanning? Are you PS4 and TV matched up on the same RGB settings (ie., limited to limited or full to full) etc. etc. There are a lot of things to check and double check.

I think they totally fucked it up, with or without HDR. Getting terrible black crush.

Switch your Pro display settings to RGB limited.

If your Pro is set to RGB Full, and your TV is set to receive a limited RGB, you'll get crushed blacks.They have to be matching. Full to Full or Limited to Limited.

How do i know if last of us is in 4k? If i set it to 30 fps mode, it should do it automatically, right? The blank screen issue i have been having has made me paranoid that i am not getting a 4k image. The ps4 is set to 2160p with HDCP off. The games should be in 4k, right?

DBT85

How do i know if last of us is in 4k? If i set it to 30 fps mode, it should do it automatically, right? The blank screen issue i have been having has made me paranoid that i am not getting a 4k image. The ps4 is set to 2160p with HDCP off. The games should be in 4k, right?

If you are in 30fps mode then yes, its 4k. If you're not in 30 fps mode then its 1800p 60 ish sorta.

SeanR1221

Now that I'm up and running things look great. Only played titanfall and ratchet so far.

Games that aren't pro ready, will they look any different on my 4K tv?

DBT85

Now that I'm up and running things look great. Only played titanfall and ratchet so far.

Games that aren't pro ready, will they look any different on my 4K tv?

Several people have said they were pleased with the upscaling of non patched games. Though I don't know off hand whether that's their new 4kTVs doing the scaling or the Pro.

Seth

Should it look like this?

14991030_10154384829467935_6878096699298129288_o.jpg

c00l3ru

Seriously forget about the ps4 options set it to automatic then calibrate your tv in HDR. It's all about the brightness and contrast and backlight. Search forums for best settings for your TV. Everyone's is different.

What do you guys think of using a PRO on the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift monitor? Will the pro downsample to 1440P?

I'm not buying a 4k tv anytime soon, my 1080P 46" TV is decent, but my monitor blows it out of the water as far as colour and response time goes.

Decent investment?

23qwerty

What do you guys think of using a PRO on the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift monitor? Will the pro downsample to 1440P?

I'm not buying a 4k tv anytime soon, my 1080P 46" TV is decent, but my monitor blows it out of the water as far as colour and response time goes.

Decent investment?
Pretty sure it doesn't support 1440p so it should downsample to 1080p

Man ratchet and clank looks so bloody good, so clean..

Top Bottom