• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

There's a screw you can tighten to fix that on the original PS4.
Or (assuming your console is out of warranty) you can remove the rubber stopper directly underneath the eject button, or scratch the sensor plate behind the button to desensitise it, or even just disconnect the button entirely (since you can eject discs through the PS4 UI anyway).

SDCowboy

Did the pro add weather effects to the guns in MWR, or have I just been oblivious this whole time? I don't remember water drops all over the guns before, during rain.

2 modes.

Prefer Quality and Prefer Resolution.

Prefer Quality locks it at 1080p with 'enhanced effects' (which personally I haven't noticed much) and Prefer Resolution as per the game description runs the game dynamically at 4K resolution.

I much prefer the 4K resolution. The boost in clarity is much more obvious. The game's IQ is pristine as fuck.

Are you running 1080p tv or 4k?

BigEmil

I did a list of games that I wished would be patched for PS4 Pro: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/11/feature_10_games_we_wish_would_be_patched_for_ps4_pro

• Bloodborne
  • Destiny: The Collection
  • DriveClub
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Overwatch
  • Resogun
  • Rocket League
  • The Order: 1886
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Until Dawn

What do you think? Any major omissions?
Order 1886 and Until Dawn 100% no chance of happening considering the devs left Sony working with these IP's,
Destiny Collection won't happen Activision wants all eyes on Destiny 2.
Others have 1 - 99% chance atleast

Moreche

Does TLOU play super-sampled in 1080p when you enable the 60fps mode only?
The screen flashes when I select 30 to 60, I don't remember my PS4 doing that.

I feel like with HDR and uncharted 4, with HDR on the colors look more 'natural'. Once turning it off they are overly vibrant looking. 'Unnatural' in comparison
Same wth me... turning HDR on for Uncharted made everything more washed out and filmic. Including the system menu to a full blue rather than a deep vibrant blue

Moreche

Another thing I've noticed is that I have the USB plug from my gold wireless headset plugged into the USB on the back but the heat comng from the back makes it get very,very warm.

sym30l1c

I did a list of games that I wished would be patched for PS4 Pro: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/11/feature_10_games_we_wish_would_be_patched_for_ps4_pro

• Bloodborne
  • Destiny: The Collection
  • DriveClub
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Overwatch
  • Resogun
  • Rocket League
  • The Order: 1886
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Until Dawn

What do you think? Any major omissions?

Unfortunately, Witcher is probably never gonna happen. CD Projekt Red said some time ago that they're done with the Witcher 3 and wouldn't release a patch for the Pro. They're focused on Cyberpunk now.

Trogdor1123

Guys, I have a 1080p TV and a regular ps4 and I'm considering a pro. Can someone sell me on it? I won't be going 4k for a few years so that's not a selling point for me. The biggest benefit to me so far is the bigger HDD but I could just swap out my current ps4. I would doing a trade in primo with engines so I'd need to redownload everything too which is a pain... Thoughts?

Boss Man

Anyone have a KS8000 with the Pro hooked up? I'm curious about how HDR is handled. Right now I've got my game mode settings and I don't do anything else with the PS4 (or plan to) so I don't have to worry about messing with the video settings at all. Does HDR change that? Am I going to have to flip through the video settings going between games with HDR/No HDR?

Maligna

Banned
Just started wiping the hard drive of my OG PS4 so I can trade for a pro. Realized my PSVR is still plugged in. Don't want to touch it now that the progress bar is going.

Hope that doesn't wipe out anything important on the PSVR breakout box or HMD... damn it.

Unfortunately, Witcher is probably never gonna happen. CD Projekt Red said some time ago that they're done with the Witcher 3 and wouldn't release a patch for the Pro. They're focused on Cyberpunk now.

Which is kinda funny, since a new Witcher 3 patch came out like a week after they said that.

I'd like to see MGSV receive a Pro patch. And on a lesser note, I'd really like to see Sony going back through their remasters and updating them all to run at native 4K (if possible anyway).

Anyone have a KS8000 with the Pro hooked up? I'm curious about how HDR is handled. Right now I've got my game mode settings and I don't do anything else with the PS4 (or plan to) so I don't have to worry about messing with the video settings at all. Does HDR change that? Am I going to have to flip through the video settings going between games with HDR/No HDR?

When HDR is available in a game you will get a black screen for a second and then it will flash HDR video in a banner on the top. HDR has different settings then the other modes and every time you get an HDR signal it will default to whatever settings you had when you tweaked them in HDR. If you own Uncharted 4 or Infamous, there is an HDR toggle in those games, turn it off and on to see how the TV reacts. Also to know if the TV is getting an HDR signal, push the okay button on the remote to bring the banner down and it will say HDR if it's receiving an HDR signal.

Boss Man

When HDR is available in a game you will get a black screen for a second and then it will flash HDR video in a banner on the top. HDR has different settings then the other modes and every time you get an HDR signal it will default to whatever settings you had when you tweaked them in HDR. If you own Uncharted 4 or Infamous, there is an HDR toggle in those games, turn it off and on to see how the TV reacts. Also to know if the TV is getting an HDR signal, push the okay button on the remote to bring the banner down and it will say HDR if it's receiving an HDR signal.
Oh sweet, so it's like any other HDR signal. For some reason I was getting the impression that it wasn't. Good news thanks.

SRTtoZ

So my worst fears have been confirmed. I bought an Uncharted 4 PS4 after my first PS4 was having bad issues and I also got a 2TB from Amazon. I installed the hard drive to the new PS4 and everything was fine but I kept hearing loud whines or chirps from the system. I thought it was the system itself but I decided to not do anything about it since I was getting the Pro anyway. Sold the other PS4, got the Pro, and inserted the 2TB that I bought before. After a session of MWR, the chirp came back. Finally I realized after researching again that it was the hard drive itself. Now how to fix it.

Seagate? Those 2TB drives were notorious for chirping.

Hawk269

Which is kinda funny, since a new Witcher 3 patch came out like a week after they said that.

I'd like to see MGSV receive a Pro patch. And on a lesser note, I'd really like to see Sony going back through their remasters and updating them all to run at native 4K (if possible anyway).

Out of all my games, Witcher 3 would be the one I would like a Pro patch for the most. Wish CDPR would reconsider.

Moreche

Guys, I have a 1080p TV and a regular ps4 and I'm considering a pro. Can someone sell me on it? I won't be going 4k for a few years so that's not a selling point for me. The biggest benefit to me so far is the bigger HDD but I could just swap out my current ps4. I would doing a trade in primo with engines so I'd need to redownload everything too which is a pain... Thoughts?
I have been hard on the Pro since I got it but if you're staying with the PS4 for gaming then yes you should by it.
I'm going to put some of the frame-rate issues down to teething problems because I know in the near future a game is going to really showcase its power.
I want to be ready when that game arrives.

Servbot24

Banned
I'd like Bloodborne most of all. Witcher 3 would be cool too. Tried it before and didn't like it nut I'd be willing to give it another shot.

So I set this up last night, and didn't set it as my primary device. Went into my library to choose games to download to the PS4 Pro to have ready when I get back from work today ...

and lo and behold, PT was in there....thought I wasn't allowed to download seeing as I couldn't when I changed HDD's on my OG PS4. Tried to download it and it added it itself to the to downloads queue. Selected a few other games and didn't wait for them to all download, so will check when I get home whether it's re-added it to my PS4 Pro ...

Just thought I'd let y'all know, as I know there are some PT lovers out there ...

Boss Man

What's the process like for installing an SSD in the Pro? Any different from the normal PS4 or can I just youtube that? I figured I'd take the opportunity to move to a solid state drive since I'm moving my data anyway. Not sure if I need a cable or anything, I doubt it right?

icespide

Banned
tried out Dishonored 2 and Shadow of Mordor today. Good lord super sampling makes everything look so clean and sharp. I hope WB is considering a Arkham Knight patch...

bombshell

What's the process like for installing an SSD in the Pro? Any different from the normal PS4 or can I just youtube that? I figured I'd take the opportunity to move to a solid state drive since I'm moving my data anyway. Not sure if I need a cable or anything, I doubt it right?

Same exact process.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tried out Dishonored 2 and Shadow of Mordor today. Good lord super sampling makes everything look so clean and sharp. I hope WB is considering a Arkham Knight patch...

That would be amazing. I have Arkham Knight, but will be willing to wait a little while if WB announces an arkham patch later in the year.

Getting pretty ticked off. I plug in the Pro and straight out of the box my TV shows 2160. I'm like sweet, no issues for me! Spoke too soon. I update the firmware and now nothing. No signal. No sound. The light turns on white snd it appears to be on. I can get it to safe mode, but this makes zero sense. Did this sucker brick on the first update into DOA? If it's just a video issue, I should still be able to hear it, right? Has anyone else run into this issue? My TV is a Vizio p50b1e and I have it plugged into HDMI 5 which is is the correct HDMI on this one. It's the only 4K60 on it.

Trogdor1123

I have been hard on the Pro since I got it but if you're staying with the PS4 for gaming then yes you should by it.
I'm going to put some of the frame-rate issues down to teething problems because I know in the near future a game is going to really showcase its power.
I want to be ready when that game arrives.
This the same for me but I was hoping for 60fps over 4k myself. If more games did that it would be a no trainer. Anyone with ESO or titanfall care to comment on the games?

Getting pretty ticked off. I plug in the Pro and straight out of the box my TV shows 2160. I'm like sweet, no issues for me! Spoke too soon. I update the firmware and now nothing. No signal. No sound. The light turns on white snd it appears to be on. I can get it to safe mode, but this makes zero sense. Did this sucker brick on the first update into DOA? If it's just a video issue, I should still be able to hear it, right? Has anyone else run into this issue? My TV is a Vizio p50b1e and I have it plugged into HDMI 5 which is is the correct HDMI on this one. It's the only 4K60 on it.

Could be an HDCP issue - is the system connected directly to the TV with the HDMI cable that came with the system?

DieH@rd

Banned

Try to turn off HDCP in safe mode.

Man ShareFactory Movie rendering received a massive update, it is so fast now to render a movie. I just render a 1min movie in 10seconds, that is with stickers, text, commentary, and music. This process on the OG PS4 would take about 2 to 3 mins.
NBA 2K17 rendered in 1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i04tuu74mWM&feature=em-upload_owner

That's nice to hear.

SLOSifl

I have a Samsung UE40KU6000 was a present for graduating university, hdr mode works on my xbox one but when im on my ps4pro on battlefield one it says 4k/uhd but the hdr symbol doesnt come up like it does on the xbox one. Am I doing anything wrong?
On my Samsung (different model), 4K HDR only works through HDMI1. Try swapping inputs and see if the behavior reverses.

ronco2000

So I set this up last night, and didn't set it as my primary device. Went into my library to choose games to download to the PS4 Pro to have ready when I get back from work today ...

and lo and behold, PT was in there....thought I wasn't allowed to download seeing as I couldn't when I changed HDD's on my OG PS4. Tried to download it and it added it itself to the to downloads queue. Selected a few other games and didn't wait for them to all download, so will check when I get home whether it's re-added it to my PS4 Pro ...

Just thought I'd let y'all know, as I know there are some PT lovers out there ...

You can't download PT. I have it too, but it won't allow me download.

I have a Samsung UE40KU6000 was a present for graduating university, hdr mode works on my xbox one but when im on my ps4pro on battlefield one it says 4k/uhd but the hdr symbol doesnt come up like it does on the xbox one. Am I doing anything wrong?

BF1 doesn't currently support HDR.

bombshell

Still nothing. This sumbitch just brick itself. In safe mode I go to download the update and it shows one available even though I saw it update. Oh well, back to Best Buy tomorrow I guess.

Try changing to 1080p in safe mode. That should let you boot and change to 4K.

Hedrush

You can't download PT. I have it too, but it won't allow me download.

Yeah you can't download it. It does add itself to the download queue but it just fails. I had the foresight to back my PT up to an external drive and installed it onto my Pro so I've still got it thank goodness.

Do all games run in 4k? I've got all my display settings set to automatic and when I play games that haven't had any kind of patch the TV display that it's running at 3840x2160p? Sorry for the dumb question.

Top Bottom