• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

tried out Dishonored 2 and Shadow of Mordor today. Good lord super sampling makes everything look so clean and sharp. I hope WB is considering a Arkham Knight patch...
Holy shit Arkham Knight would look spectacular at higher resolution + HDR. I'd actually rebuy it for that.

Yeah you can't download it. It does add itself to the download queue but it just fails. I had the foresight to back my PT up to an external drive and installed it onto my Pro so I've still got it thank goodness.

Do all games run in 4k? I've got all my display settings set to automatic and when I play games that haven't had any kind of patch the TV display that it's running at 3840x2160p? Sorry for the dumb question.
Every game will upscale to 4k.

This is a post from the PSVR thread. How widespread is this issue?

Anyone with a Pro running into issues with the PSVR screen going white, or all black, momentarily? It never happened on my OG PS4 but it happens frequently now. I'm pretty sure all my cables are firmly attached and I have reset my PS4 and power cycled the processor unit.

Still nothing. This sumbitch just brick itself. In safe mode I go to download the update and it shows one available even though I saw it update. Oh well, back to Best Buy tomorrow I guess.
Download the full firmware update file (800+ MB), and put it on an ExFAT (MBR partition schema, not GUID) USB stick in /PS4/UPDATE/
Then do the firmware update from safe mode, and make sure you let it finish.

Ah OK, cheers for that info. Is it best to just leave everything on automatic the way I have it then?

I don't have a 4k TV so someone else should answer you this.

Anyway, I think Ratched & Clank might be the prettiest game I've ever played. Damn, kudos to Insomniac. And it also plays great, has good writing and runs really good, even though it is 30fps.

Can't fucking wait for Spider-Man.

I finally figured out how to let my PS4 make use of all the bandwidth of my internet connection.
How to find the proper MTU size for my network
You basically have to ping a website with your computer by typing the following in the cmd:
Code:
ping www.google.com -f -l xxxx.
Where xxxx must be a value under 1473. You take the highest value where your package doesn't fragment, add 28 to it and use it as your MTU in your PS4's network settings.
My download speeds went from 100 kbit/s or a max of 28 mbit/s to maxing out my 100 mbit/s bandwidth consistently.

If I had only known this before. I waited a day to download The Last of Us before I found out about it.

Hedrush

Anyway, I think Ratched & Clank might be the prettiest game I've ever played. Damn, kudos to Insomniac. And it also plays great, has good writing and runs really good, even though it is 30fps.

No worries.

Yeah R&C looks beautiful. Insomniac done an amazing job.

I finally figured out how to let my PS4 make use of all the bandwidth of my internet connection.
You basically have to ping a website with your computer by typing the following in the cmd:
Code:
Where xxxx must be a value under 1473. You take the highest value where your package doesn't fragment, add 28 to it and use it as your MTU in your PS4's network settings.
My download speeds went from 100 kbit/s or a max of 28 mbit/s to maxing out my 100 mbit/s bandwidth consistently.

If I had only known this before. I waited a day to download The Last of Us before I found out about it.

What do...what do those words mean?

leehom

Is it possible there might be some surprise deals for the ps4pro on BF?

Everywhere I look it's in stock, minus Target because of the 10% off deal.

Can anyone that has the KS8000 possibly PM me there settings for the entire TV?
I know its a bit much to ask and I know TV's vary from TV to TV in terms of room etc
But I'd like to know what someones settings are that their happy with in which I could use as a jumping off point. As at the moment I really cant decide on what I like.

03sho

Noticed there was a clear sticker of some sort on the side/back of the PS4 when I was plugging it in. Looks like you can remove it but I left it on.. what is it?

Not Drake

So I got my console today and tried transferring my saves. I couldn't care less about games, but saved games are pretty important for me. I had like 6GBs of files on my launch PS4 and got up until "Start Transfer" stage with LAN cable all plugged in. Then it just keeps disconnecting me. I gave up that method and just gonna give USB stick a try. Hope it works.

If you have HDR on you can't do RBG. Bandwidth limitations of HDMI

It's weird through, it automatically picked it. I had to turn the auto off in safe mode to get it to work. Also, my TV was an early 4K model so I don't have HDR. It does have one HDMI 2.0 with 2.2 which I have it hooked up to.

NeonDelta

its saying HDR is not supported by my TV, but my original ps4 turned HDR on fine

I have an LG 49UH620V

finally sorted it, had to turn off HDCP

cant believe how complicated it is lol

Video and audio keep cutting out. Same cords I used with the original PS4. Disconnected my PSVR and trying to figure out if my Pro is jacked or if this is a cord issue. Pretty annoying.

I sent a request to the NeoGaf community if any mods are in here.

This console is great. It's slightly noisy while playing R&C (even with a headset) but not enough to bother me.

Hjod

Banned
So I've tried some Hitman, not that big of a difference, some added effects and it runs a little smoother, looks clearer.

Really pleased with my Pro thus far.

My tv is saying that it's putting out 3840x2160 all the time, no matter what game I'm playing. Wish I could play around with a game, changing settings as I go. I might need to buy RotTR just to try it out haha.

Tarkus

Do we know for sure? Did you do the benchmarks and read all the fine print on the cable itself? Could you take a picture of both cables and show us?
I compared the cables when I was transferring data. Exact same markings and numbers. I traded in the ps4, so not able to take a pic.

Dr.brain64

Code:

Thanks I'm tryinng this right now!

Bl@de

Finally I have some luck. My PS4 Pro is quiet (audible of course, but only if I turn off sound or enter a menu screen) even after 2h of Rise of the Tomb Raider in 4K mode. No comparison to my shitty 1116 model.

I played Ratchet and Clank just to see it again. I was always gonna playthrough on challenge mode, but honestly it's just so incredibly gorgeous. I will definitely finish my run in December.

DieH@rd

Banned
Code:

How low can it go? I just tried all the way down to 350 and command prompt reports all is fine. No loss.\

edit- ah got it, i need to find the fragment point. In my case, the highest I can go is 1464. I will setup my PS4 Pro with 1492 MTU when the console arrives.

-griffy-

Banned
Here's some Trackmania comparisons.
PS4:
trackmaniaturbo_201612gl4r.png

Pro:
trackmaniaturbo_20161fpzp4.png

Comparison
PS4:
trackmaniaturbo_20161mta18.png

Pro:
trackmaniaturbo_20161kyz0f.png

Kind of subtle, but the aliasing/sub-pixel detail is cleaned up quite a bit across the image, so there's much less shimmering in motion (presumably it's even better on a 4K screen compared to the base game). More importantly, I haven't encountered any of the screen tearing that was in the base game. There's also some general graphical improvements, like in the first comparison you can see the water reflections are a higher resolution in that pond.

Top Bottom