• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

w0s

Kinda, but what if i decide to stop with plus somewhere down the road? I guess its just a voice in my head telling me that my saves arent on my ps4 that irritates me. And its not like they take up a lot of space either. Wouldve been nice to just have the option to dl them all
Download it after the transfer that's what I did. Kept the main games and queued up more webbed I left for work

Download it after the transfer that's what I did. Kept the main games and queued up more webbed I left for work

I didn't do a transfer as I didn't mind 'losing' all my installs. I thought I'd just install the most important games again and go from there, didn't know that would result in not being able to download all your saves on the system again.

GazzaGSi

Kinda, but what if i decide to stop with plus somewhere down the road? I guess its just a voice in my head telling me that my saves arent on my ps4 that irritates me. And its not like they take up a lot of space either. Wouldve been nice to just have the option to dl them all

I see, didn't think about Plus subscription lapsing.

Is it possible to pause the game download, then download the save, backup save to USB and delete the game you started to download. I don't think the game needs to be fully downloaded to get your save from Plus.

I see, didn't think about Plus subscription lapsing.

Is it possible to pause the game download, then download the save, backup save to USB and delete the game you started to download. I don't think the game needs to be fully downloaded to get your save from Plus.

That might be an option, Ill try that out. One thing though, having your saves on an USB is the same... PlayStation 4 still says 'you cant place the save on your system because the application isn't installed' when trying to move it from USB to console. It's just kinda weird imo. Not a HUGE problem, just weird and a bit annoying.

Can't wait to get my pro, but I just have one question: Do anyone hear if the PS4 pro still have that rare problem where the OG PS4 would auto eject disc and continue to try it even when there's nothing in it? I had that problem with my PS4 and had to send mine in. Ever since I stuck with digital downloads for my PS4, but would love to go back to physical copies.

Psykotik

Oh, interesting. Could you elaborate a little?

turn on your ps4 into safe mode. just hold down the power button until you hear 3 beeps. then let go. it should boot into safe mode where you can then rebuild your ps4 database. this might help fix things when doing the backup/transfer. worth a try.

Is there a guide on what I need to do to my current PS4 to get rid of all my information on it?

Can I then redownload all my game saves and games from the cloud?

Can't wait to get my pro, but I just have one question: Do anyone hear if the PS4 pro still have that rare problem where the OG PS4 would auto eject disc and continue to try it even when there's nothing in it? I had that problem with my PS4 and had to send mine in. Ever since I stuck with digital downloads for my PS4, but would love to go back to physical copies.
They replaced the OG's capacitance sensing buttons with mechanical buttons on the Pro, presumably to eliminate that problem for good. So no :)

Theonik

They replaced the OG's capacitance sensing buttons with mechanical buttons on the Pro, presumably to eliminate that problem for good. So no :)
Capacitive buttons were gone since the C-chasis original PS4.
I really hate the buttons on the pro though. The PS3 and PS4 slim buttons were much better.

I really hate the buttons on the pro though. The PS3 and PS4 slim buttons were much better.
My eject button feels nice, but the power button feels spongy. I turn my PS4 on with the controller though, so I don't ever use the power button on the console unless I need to boot into safe mode - which is hopefully never :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My eject button feels nice, but the power button feels spongy. I turn my PS4 on with the controller though, so I don't ever use the power button on the console unless I need to boot into safe mode - which is hopefully never :)

I will always take buttons over the capacitive BS they had before. It just feels RIGHT to click in a button.

zzepto_x7

Neo Member
What is the noise level of PS4 pro playing patched games? I mean i can hear fan noise playing The last of us or First Light but other games like Witcher 3, Thief, Siege are super quiet

Tycho_b

Bought one today, it is transferring data from Day 1 PS4. Estimating 11h for 350 GB.
Not sure wheter this is cable, but I had to use my old one from PS4, or maybe it was my TV not accepting the input at first. Once I'm done with downloading I will switch to cable which came with Pro (feels cheap, to be honest, I can feel the wires inside the cable).

Also bought BF1 along, I did not launch on OG PS4 so won't have a benchmark.

Old one goes for sale or for kids as a sneaky Chrismas gift.

I know other people have mentioned it and so have I but I'd just like to remind everyone that Ratchet and Clank is silly.

I'm still on 1080 but just the IQ, the detail, how clean everything is. It's night/day from OG.

Like the game looked good before but just seeing it supersampled is rather insane. Cant wait for Spider-Man :O

What is the noise level of PS4 pro playing patched games? I mean i can hear fan noise playing The last of us or First Light but other games like Witcher 3, Thief, Siege are super quiet
I hear the drive spin but that's it. But I've heard every drive in every system.

It sits just outside of arm's length on my computer desk (I consolidated my play space to my gaming monitor).

I don't notice it. Never noticed OG, either but yeah. Fine here.

So my PS4 pro doesn't seem to want to download games in rest mode? PS4 didn't have an issue but it'll error out on the pro.

DNS not found or an error like that.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I found the reason for the bug that caused the glitched water textures in TLOU (at least for me).

Requirement for the bug to happen:
Loading the level in 60 FPS mode and switching straight to 30 FPS as soon as you are ingame.

Workaround: If you activate the 30 FPS before you are loading the level everything will be fine. You are also able to switch between 30 FPS and 60 FPS after that while ingame.
i experienced the TLOU water glitch on launch day but it went away and wondered if i should return my system... but it now that others are experiencing it, sounds like it's not just my unit.

second, my disc drive at times has a hard time reading discs after initial game installs:
i was playing watchdogs 1 after install, when loading up a save, the audio was delayed and the game just froze. had to quit out and eject the disc and pop it back in to get it working again.

same happened with evil within. after installing patch and loading it up it just froze before hitting the menu screen.

but my fan noise is quiet so i'm hesitant to exchange systems.

Theonik

I hope Sony goes back and updates some more of the PS3 re-releases I need native 4K Gravity Daze! (High res Uncharted 2 would be great too)

Massa

There's a screw you can tighten to fix that on the original PS4.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any word on improvements for the AC Ezio collection? Presumably just higher res + downsampling for 1080p right?

They haven't actually announced any Pro specific upgrades yet, if they have i haven't seen any. So, it would be exactly the same.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So, PS4 PRO is the real deal?

So far, I am not certain yet myself actually. Tested various games last night and while the image I suppose is improved over vanilla PS4, the jump to 4K isn't really all that noticeable to me. I have a 2014 65" XBR850B 4K TV set. It does not support HDR.

Ratchet still looks about the same as I recall from earlier this year even confirming with my TV that it is running at 4K. Which is to say it still looks incredible, but it did before.

Flipping between the 3 different modes in RoTR, and the only noticeable difference to me was the higher framerate in 1080 60fps mode. 1080 30ps mode w/improved visuals and 4K 30fps native both looked identical to me as I have no clue what to focus on to tell what actually changed and I just kept flipping back and forth to suss it out with almost no perceived difference. My TV will upscale signals to 4K with the Pro so all three modes looked equally as sharp despite whatever is going on in resolution. I have to almost take a leap of faith in assuming 4K native is actually sharper, or that the Maxxed out 1080 mode actually improves certain visual effects. Placebo effect in action to me.

Skyrim ran noticeably worse. Framerate just felt all around lower now despite the native 4K upgrade that I couldn't really tell a difference on before.

PSVR is much improved though.

Until Dawn just never worked for me on vanilla PS4 as tracking was jittery and the guns kept warping about and were mostly drifting off to the extreme left to the point that even aiming directly at the camera, my hands in-game would often be aiming like 90 degrees to the left. I never felt I could effectively hit anything I was aiming at and no matter how I futz with my living room setup it just never seemed to work as intended. On Pro, its nigh perfect without changing a thing. Just starting up the game with the new console, not adjusting my camera, couch, or lighting as when I last played on vanilla PS4, and the tracking is near perfect. Just moving my wrists around in my hand and watching the guns naturally track was a massive upgrade! Visuals looked a bit cleaner as well, but now my guns actually aimed directly at targets as I hoped for and the jittery/wobble issues seem practically gone or far less pronounced.

Driveclub still makes me absolutely sick but it did seem a bit cleaner.

My new 2tb Firecuda hasn't improved loadtimes all that much over the 7200 2tb drive I had in the vanilla PS4 sadly. Witcher 3 seemed to have cut down loading somewhat, but most everything else feels almost identical. This is without any actual direct testing, but of the above games I tried, I didn't feel anything was greatly shortened(PSVR notwithstanding as they loaded up way faster, but I don't think that is a HDD factor).

So I dunno, maybe HDR is the real deal, which my TV doesn't support, but the jump to 4K hasn't made me feel confident about this upgrade really yet. I still want to test other games like BF1, Mordor, CoD MWR/IW, and others, but for now...Until Dawn actually is playable which is nice!

Does youtube 4K videos not work? I've seen various people say that when clicking a video, it just switches to HD. I tried myself and it stays at HD but i'm on a 1080P display.

ctfg23

They haven't actually announced any Pro specific upgrades yet, if they have i haven't seen any. So, it would be exactly the same.

Isn't every game from now on required to have some kind of Pro improvements? Or did that turn out to be false? Not sure if Sony ever confirmed that or if it was just a part of the leak from a while ago.

Havent had any time yet to play much after the transfer. Booted up RotTR, which looked amazing! (4k non-HDR TV). Gave TF2 and BF1 a quick play, and thought it looked nicer. Only issue Ive had so far was I was a middle of a game of domination with the COD:MWR and the video and audio blinked out for about 3 or 4 seconds, but it came back and didnt kick me from game.

blackflag

I got so pissed last night. I thought my PS4 pro was broken. Kept trying to play titanfall 2 but it wouldn't recognize the disk. Tried it a bunch of times,, restarted, tried all my other PS4 games which worked fine

Oh duh I bought this on Xbox one for some reason. Tis was all before I had a few drinks.

ctfg23

I got so pissed last night. I thought my PS4 pro was broken. Kept trying to play titanfall 2 but it wouldn't recognize the disk. Tried it a bunch of times,, restarted, tried all my other PS4 games which worked fine

Oh duh I bought this on Xbox one for some reason. Tis was all before I had a few drinks.

Something similar happened to me. My console was it rest mode and I turned it on by pressing the eject button since I was reinstalling a bunch of games. It wouldn't read any discs and then I put it pack into rest mode and turned it back on and the problem went way. Hopefully it isn't a recurring issue.

Unknown?

Something similar happened to me. My console was it rest mode and I turned it on by pressing the eject button since I was reinstalling a bunch of games. It wouldn't read any discs and then I put it pack into rest mode and turned it back on and the problem went way. Hopefully it isn't a recurring issue.
That happened on OG PS4.

breakfuss

Is there a guide on what I need to do to my current PS4 to get rid of all my information on it?

Can I then redownload all my game saves and games from the cloud?

Make sure to deactivate the console as your primary. Then initialize. Unless I'm missing something I believe that's it.

So, PS4 PRO is the real deal?

I think so. I mean, for me I needed the larger HDD anyway which would have run me ~$100 separately. Plus it's nice having the new warranty aaaaand a console that doesn't randomly eject discs or sound like a jet about to take off (still not completely silent though).

As for the upgrade to the image quality, it's superb. But I honestly have to question how much of that is my new TV. It honestly feels like that's what doing a lot of the heaving lifting but I'm not tech savvy so maybe I'm wrong in that assumption. Outside of R&C, I've probably been most impressed with how non-patched games look. Whether they'd look like this on my old PS4 I'm not sure.

The Goat

I have an LG OLED (65G6P ) and just started trying to play some games on the new PS4 Pro and I have been experiencing lots of disconnect and reconnects of the video signal. I have tried connecting directly to the TV and going through my Denon (x6200W) receiver both of which support 4k HDR (HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support) but I keep getting connect and reconnects. Anyone else experience this? (I have tried both with the supplied HDMI cable with the PS4 pro and with a Blue Jeans certified HDMI Premium High Speed cable and getting the issue. This is very annoying and renders games virtually unplayable.

I have tried both a PS4 slim (and my original PS4 launch model) in the same setup without any of these issues. Anyone else have a similar setup and not having any trouble (indicating my PS4 pro might be defective) or I am hoping that others are having this issue as well and this is just a software issue with bad HDMI negotiating going on with the PS4 Pro and will be quickly fixed with a System update.

(Note System information indicates display supports 3840 x 2160 with 2k/4k HDR , HDCP 2.2 support)

It's most likely the cable. I'm having the same issues on my 65" LG B6 from my Denon x4300h. Try without HDR / Wide Color, and I bet you'll no longer get the drops. Are you running a longer, more than 15' HDMI cable? That seems to be the issue, at least in my testing. I need 25' of in-wall HDMI cable to reach my components.

Try an active HDMI cable and see if that helps. I have one on order, but won't make it in until 9pm tonight. Really hoping that fixes my random disconnects.

You've deleted all non essential data like disc games or things you could otherwise re-download?

Most of it yeah. Most the space is taken by my captures. 68 gigs. I have less than 10 gigs of games, P.T. included. That shouldn't affect the integrity of the data just how long it takes to upload to the drive. So it's a mystery.

turn on your ps4 into safe mode. just hold down the power button until you hear 3 beeps. then let go. it should boot into safe mode where you can then rebuild your ps4 database. this might help fix things when doing the backup/transfer. worth a try.

This is definitely something I have not considered. God, I hope that's it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Top Bottom