• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Pachimari

How can I get Zeus and Isaac for free?

I have redeemed my Online Pass for God of War: Ascension but it still lists the price for the PS All-Stars DLC in the Store on my Vita. =/

Ah thanks. I'll keep an eye on the Store.

Have we heard anything as to the next bunch of characters?

They're not talking on Twitter, just "we are only talking about Isaac and Zeus at this time".

I reckon we got two more and a stage, and then that's it. There was a rumoured Gravity Rush stage, Abe was 'canceled', Ryu H was a dead cert at some point. The only question is how much was canned when SB was closed. That said, I'm sure there'll be a little bit more, it's easy money for them and the community is pretty large and passionate. I'd like to think if that was it, they'd say so.

Skyzard

Banned
^ I hope so. I have a suspicion they are waiting to see how Zeus and Isaac sell...although the GoW:A codes sort of mess with that. I've seen quite a few people from what was more than likely EU with Zeus and Isaac - pretty sure they can't get the free codes until tomorrow. Anecdotal but still, hopefully things are good. It helps that the characters are awesome haha, had a younger gamer complain straight away over the mic "Ohhh no there is a Zeus." Quite funny. Yes I won mwhaha. I'm not good with him though. He also only has 7 combos in tutorial mode but there is one obvious one that I think all Zeus do that they missed with the 2xsquare ground then again in air then lightning which they didn't add...maybe to make you feel like you learned on your own. Anyway, really hope we see more too. Wish they can confirm soon.

With all fighting games you sort of want the whole roster to have a complete game but I think that's even more the case now. They are pricing them quite steep though :/

this is a love/hate game. i got so pissed i wanred to trade it in. cant stop playing again lol. anyone on?

I can't really see myself letting go of this ever! I got a bit bored with the game before the Kat and Emmett dlc but now it's just too awesome with the new characters. Even though it put me in the red lol I don't regret it at all, stage is awesome and both characters again have really fun gameplay, significantly different to other characters. I also don't fear kratos and Raiden so much as Zeus hah. Isaac is Drake levels of fun as well (although I haven't tried him again yet).

But yeah, this game is a classic now. It's different enough from how Smash will likely ever be (I will hopefully get the new one eventually if the online is good) and we might not get a sequel. I'm not planning on letting go of even the PS3 version, Vita was cross-buy so it's a digital copy and if you do have fun with the game occasionally then unless you're in dire need of cash, how can you part with it :p

Besides there might still be more to come...wish SM would let us know their plans. There are still costumes needed right?

pompidu

^ I hope so. I have a suspicion they are waiting to see how Zeus and Isaac sell...although the GoW:A codes sort of mess with that. I've seen quite a few people from what was more than likely EU with Zeus and Isaac - pretty sure they can't get the free codes until tomorrow. Anecdotal but still, hopefully things are good. It helps that the characters are awesome haha, had a younger gamer complain straight away over the mic "Ohhh no there is a Zeus." Quite funny. Yes I won mwhaha. I'm not good with him though. He also only has 7 combos in tutorial mode but there is one obvious one that I think all Zeus do that they missed with the 2xsquare ground then again in air then lightning which they didn't add...maybe to make you feel like you learned on your own. Anyway, really hope we see more too. Wish they can confirm soon.

With all fighting games you sort of want the whole roster to have a complete game but I think that's even more the case now. They are pricing them quite steep though :/

I can't really see myself letting go of this ever! I got a bit bored with the game before the Kat and Emmett dlc but now it's just too awesome with the new characters. Even though it put me in the red lol I don't regret it at all, stage is awesome and both characters again have really fun gameplay, significantly different to other characters. I also don't fear kratos and Raiden so much as Zeus hah. Isaac is Drake levels of fun as well (although I haven't tried him again yet).

But yeah, this game is a classic now. It's different enough from how Smash will likely ever be (I will hopefully get the new one eventually if the online is good) and we might not get a sequel. I'm not planning on letting go of even the PS3 version, Vita was cross-buy so it's a digital copy and if you do have fun with the game occasionally then unless you're in dire need of cash, how can you part with it :p

Besides there might still be more to come...wish SM would let us know their plans. There are still costumes needed right?

I love this game but it is not balanced correctly. My guess is that it's balanced for 1v1, there is no 1v1 ladder in this game, just FFA. This game is not balanced for FAA and that is a giant problem since there is no ring outs to help balance it out. It's just annoying when a good Kratos player can juggle 3 people into a lvl3 super in 30 seconds, really takes the fun out of the game, that is why people quit and will continue to quit. I do appreciate the amount of nerfs/buffs they have done and the game is way more balanced then it was when it came out, but there still miles away from being anywhere close to being balanced, at least in FFA. Also they need to increase the time in FFA, way to short.

whitehawk

Banned
Um, aren't level 3's supposed to be uninterruptible? I had a level 3, and toro launched his level 2. I figured I'd try to block it and use my level 3. But he kiled me and when I re-spawned, I had 0 AP... What?

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the game at the moment from others taking in. :p

Is there any new costumes revealed? And how are the changes for Sweet Tooth/Dante/Sir Daniel Fortesque/Jak/Radec?

SmithnCo

Um, aren't level 3's supposed to be uninterruptible? I had a level 3, and toro launched his level 2. I figured I'd try to block it and use my level 3. But he kiled me and when I re-spawned, I had 0 AP... What?

Hm... The only thing I can think of is that level 3s stop people from using their supers, but Toro must've popped his before your 3 and was able to stuff it while his animation was still happening...

That would be kinda lame because I think popping your 3 should be a legit defense against other supers.

And I recall that their philosophy was this: level 1s could be stopped with normal attacks, 2s could be stopped with other supers, have to try to dodge 3s.

Hm... The only thing I can think of is that level 3s stop people from using their supers, but Toro must've popped his before your 3 and was able to stuff it while his animation was still happening...

That would be kinda lame because I think popping your 3 should be a legit defense against other supers.

And I recall that their philosophy was this: level 1s could be stopped with normal attacks, 2s could be stopped with other supers, have to try to dodge 3s.

Sounds like he popped his level 3 right as he was getting hit with Toro's super. Happened to me once, very rare, but really, he could have countered if he timed it a second earlier.

KalBalboa

Banned
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the game at the moment from others taking in. :p

Is there any new costumes revealed? And how are the changes for Sweet Tooth/Dante/Sir Daniel Fortesque/Jak/Radec?

Jak is definitely better post-patch. His level 2 is better at getting kills and his melee moves get AP quicker, but his force field gun got toned down a tad.

pompidu

all lvl 3 supers nullify any non lvl 3 super. was probably a glitch.

OmegaZero

The new Dante is sooo epic. He lost two level 1 kill confirms in exchange for buffed normals and AP gain. All of my combos are intact.

Soooo damn goooooood.

Redhood

Is someone a bit peeved that they now scream "ROYALE" in the main theme in place of "Battle" which was in beta main menu. Also did the patches change the theme a bit. I am hearing new sounds also. Also I think that the pitch of "ROYALE" has also changed.

Pachimari

Guys, could you notify us in here when it's possible to download Zeus and Isaac for us who have redeemed the Online Pass from GoW: Ascension?

I love this game but it is not balanced correctly. My guess is that it's balanced for 1v1, there is no 1v1 ladder in this game, just FFA. This game is not balanced for FAA and that is a giant problem since there is no ring outs to help balance it out. It's just annoying when a good Kratos player can juggle 3 people into a lvl3 super in 30 seconds, really takes the fun out of the game, that is why people quit and will continue to quit. I do appreciate the amount of nerfs/buffs they have done and the game is way more balanced then it was when it came out, but there still miles away from being anywhere close to being balanced, at least in FFA. Also they need to increase the time in FFA, way to short.

Funny thing is you'd be wrong. According to Maj, one of the Superbot developers, they wanted to balance the game for 1v1 but the guys in the suits said the balance had to be centered around FFA.

SmithnCo

A good tourney player did a write up of his tier list. I don't completely agree with all of it but he does point out some things with characters I'm not so familiar with.

http://allstararena.com/threads/my-post-patch-1-10-tier-list.627/

Also how are spike players fairing? I wanted to pick him up after the patch but didn't like the way he felt.

Don't really agree with a lot of that. Drake is so low, Big Daddy and Nariko being above others like ST and Spike is kind of a crime, etc.

A good tourney player did a write up of his tier list. I don't completely agree with all of it but he does point out some things with characters I'm not so familiar with.

Also how are spike players fairing? I wanted to pick him up after the patch but didn't like the way he felt.

Poor Spike :(
Honestly if there was an easy way to for sure land his level 1 he would probably be top tier
But I will beat freaking Zeus any day of the week haha

pompidu

Funny thing is you'd be wrong. According to Maj, one of the Superbot developers, they wanted to balance the game for 1v1 but the guys in the suits said the balance had to be centered around FFA.
have a link? This game is way more balanced then before, minus zeus.game is still a clusterfuck in ffa. kratos and raiden are still king.

Spike got pathetic buff. Slightly better. Meaningless really. But thank god Spikes lv 2 KC still remains. If THAT had been removed Spike would have been destroyed. Fuck Spikes lv 1 KC they were awful before anyways...

Hmmm lets see that tier list.

Aaaaaaaah its 1v1 tier list. But still i got issues with it.

Spike is beast in 1v1. Trust me. His level 2 KC is GODSEND. That alone makes him really good. He has fast AP gain and good move set. His supers make him joke in FFA but not here.

Sth just tells me that Big Daddy needs to be lower. He just seem bad even with buffs...

I dont think Sweeth Tooth is that bad thou. Bit higher personally.

LOL, Toro is ruined? Geez, did everyone just spam Oni dive kick or sth? He probably still is average. I need to play with my Toro mainer friend to see what he thinks.

Gorillaz

I know that I'm a week late on this but what are peoples opinions on the new character cause this guy

Screen-Shot-2013-03-19-at-6.15.48-PM-420x215.png

Is the shit, I kind of liked the rival match up as well.

SmithnCo

Isaac is awesome, one of my favorite characters.

I've yet to see a Zeus that wowed me, he's so slow that you can easily maneuver around and throw him for a good chunk of AP.

Isaac is awesome, one of my favorite characters.

I've yet to see a Zeus that wowed me, he's so slow that you can easily maneuver around and throw him for a good chunk of AP.

Yea I find when I play Zeus. I either dominate the game or am completely destroyed, rarely any in between.

Got a deal on the new God of War, so I have a Zeus/Isaac DLC code. Figured I would ask to see if anybody had anything to trade for it.

To keep Zeus moving I find it best to teleport as much as I can...But, honestly it seems so hard to not be thrown by him. He's just asking to be thrown!

Camjo-Z

Got a deal on the new God of War, so I have a Zeus/Isaac DLC code. Figured I would ask to see if anybody had anything to trade for it.

I will draw a picture of anything you ask. And I mean ANYTHING. I have no shame.

Or a Steam code for Superbrothers Sword & Sorcery EP. There's my offer!

pompidu

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=7417#comments

Comment # 6. Very in depth discussion about balancing decisions.

That's good then, it is much more balanced now and I'm glad they are making an effort to continue to balance it in ffa. Not sure who that guy is though. But thanks for the link, keeps me happy that they are going to continue to pursue those types of balances.

I havent checked but is there like a giant dlc pack? i want to get the characters but don't care to buy em one at a time.

Pachimari

To keep Zeus moving I find it best to teleport as much as I can...But, honestly it seems so hard to not be thrown by him. He's just asking to be thrown!
Wait there's a specific code for the DLC? Wouldn't all EU buyers get the 2 characters as long as they redeemed their Online Passes? Because I got the review copy of GoW: Ascension and redeemed the online pass.

I'll bake you cupcakes and/or play any song for you on the violin.

Even this one.

That's good then, it is much more balanced now and I'm glad they are making an effort to continue to balance it in ffa. Not sure who that guy is though. But thanks for the link, keeps me happy that they are going to continue to pursue those types of balances.

I havent checked but is there like a giant dlc pack? i want to get the characters but don't care to buy em one at a time.

That guy is Maj, a former employee of Superbot who is also a pro fighting game player. If I recall correctly, he was the one who designed Heihachi.

Protome

I've been playing a bit tonight for the first time in a while to see the DLC characters in action. Played a few matches as Kat, bumped into a couple of Isaacs which have pretty much sold me on buying that character. Wondered if nobody was playing Zeus at all online till I ran into two in the one match. It's also coincidentally the first time I've ever had PS All Stars lock up on me.

Still love this game though :D

Top Bottom