• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Gorillaz

Um, aren't level 3's supposed to be uninterruptible? I had a level 3, and toro launched his level 2. I figured I'd try to block it and use my level 3. But he kiled me and when I re-spawned, I had 0 AP... What?

I missed this earlier but it is indeed possible to stop a level 3 in it's track. Saw it happen ONLY....ONLY once and it was funny as hell. Dante going into his level 3 kratos hitting him with a Level 1.

SSReborn

We should really mass tweet a request for 1v1 quick match or ranked. Also the ability to play 2v2 ranked with randoms. Maybe it could catch on.

I don't think 2 v 2 ranked with randoms makes much sense. Say I'm a good player and I get matched with a bad player, he would greatly effect where I rank on the leaderboard or how well I perform in ranked overall so what would be the point in that?

1 v 1 sounds good though.

Ryce

The first costume pack came out two weeks after Kat and Emmett, so I'm guessing we'll see the next batch a week from today.

pompidu

So is it pretty much set in stone that were never gonna get crash or spyro? These are literally playstation icons and should be in this game.

Ryce

It's not worth the trouble anymore, unfortunately. If the game was more successful then maybe it'd be a different story.

I havent payed attention to sales. this game bomb? i find plenty of people online so it couldnt do that bad.

Well we could use sales from that one banned site, but im not sure if we should use it. It might not be wise.

I think they are ok, but compared to many other exclusives sales and SSB it is probably disappointing.

KalBalboa

Banned
I havent payed attention to sales. this game bomb? i find plenty of people online so it couldnt do that bad.

It seemed to do ok but far from good or great numbers. One more major character could have helped get it into more homes and incentivize additional DLC (just LOOK at LittleBigPlanet DLC), but as it stands we should be asking if a follow up is in order.

Sol1dus

It seemed to do ok but far from good or great numbers. One more major character could have helped get it into more homes and incentivize additional DLC (just LOOK at LittleBigPlanet DLC), but as it stands we should be asking if a follow up is in order.

There's definitely a sequel coming. How soon, who knows. But Sony has probably learned its lesson from this one. Advertise it better, get better characters, better gameplay and more features. Well, I HOPE Sony learns from this.

pompidu

They need to nerf dantes ability to lock people into a wall, kept me aganist a wall all the way to his lvl2.
could be the lag plauging this game.

beat

well im hoping now that santa monica is in charge they might be able to persuade better than superbot.

Sony was the publisher for this game already, and functionally, Superbot's point of contact with Sony was Sony Santa Monica. They were already in charge. It wasn't for nothing that Seth Killian was hired by SSM and took on a role with this game.

I think it comes down to terms Activision wanted that Sony wouldn't accept.

There's definitely a sequel coming. How soon, who knows. But Sony has probably learned its lesson from this one. Advertise it better, get better characters, better gameplay and more features. Well, I HOPE Sony learns from this.

If there was a sequel coming in timely fashion, I think Sony wouldn't have cut ties with Superbot.

OmegaZero

They need to nerf dantes ability to lock people into a wall, kept me aganist a wall all the way to his lvl2.
could be the lag plauging this game.

It's his empty bold cancel ability (which is fairly hard to pull off online). The Dante already had meter if he was able to get a Level 2 from a combo.

pompidu

It's his empty bold cancel ability (which is fairly hard to pull off online). The Dante already had meter if he was able to get a Level 2 from a combo.
no idea what the combo is but its like 20 to 25 moves. ive never seen a combo like that, literally stuck in the corner for 30secs.
They really should have done ringouts.

whitehawk

Banned
There. Done. :p

ibrLgy1vx60l8B.jpg
Beat it! Even with one death.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Take me out of tournament.

I'm officially done with Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and I'm going to sell it soon as possible as I can..

It was a blast to be one of yall here, and I'm sorry that day have to come to end. The casts was very amazing and everything about the game was awesome game services but I can't tolerance with battle system anymore since it can be flawed sometime. I guess I just got burned out and got bored of the game already.

Thanks and Good Luck!

See some of you at SmashGAF.

OmegaZero

no idea what the combo is but its like 20 to 25 moves. ive never seen a combo like that, literally stuck in the corner for 30secs.
They really should have done ringouts.

It was probably Square Square Square (Empty Cancel) Square Square Square (repeat until AP burst).

Inexperienced Dante users often use that combo because it's one of the simplest, but it gives the bare minimum AP and just looks really boring for the person getting hit.
The only thing you can really do is try to stay in the air or block on the ground, eliminating his combo options.

EDIT: IntelliHeath :(

EDIT2:
Alright see if anyone can beat this. I know it's beatable. What I try to do is get 9 kills with my level 3, but that didn't happen every time. Also my level 1 at the end only got 2 kills instead of 3.

I'll probably try later tonight.

pompidu

This game is best suited for 2v2. They should have ranked 2v2 as supposed to ffa, ffa is just a kratos and zeus spam a thon. Game feels much better playing that way.

Take me out of tournament.

I'm officially done with Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and I'm going to sell it soon as possible as I can..

It was a blast to be one of yall here, and I'm sorry that day have to come to end. The casts was very amazing and everything about the game was awesome game services but I can't tolerance with battle system anymore since it can be flawed sometime. I guess I just got burned out and got bored of the game already.

Thanks and Good Luck!

See some of you at SmashGAF.

....But.... you were one of the originals on here, weren't u?

You need to go to the ranked match option and in character select screen invite a friend.

Stop creeping me out with your avatars! :D

Did they mention if the latest patch did anything for the lack of titles? I still have my belt rank from february, wonder what will happen when the next season starts.

Also, someone posted a link to Maj's very recent comments at shoryuken about the balance changes being mandated to favour FFA. Does that mean he stayed at SSM when Superbot stopped working on the game, or was he just commenting on it, because most of the last patch was still Superbot's work?

And for something entirely different, i saw Isaac's menu theme for the first time the other day and i have to say that it rocks. For all the shit Superbot got for their menus (not undeservedly so, though for me personally it was never a great deal), i think that many of the character themes go a long way to improve the look of the menus, which makes me wish all the more that we could change them manually. Maybe in a future patch.

Did they mention if the latest patch did anything for the lack of titles? I still have my belt rank from february, wonder what will happen when the next season starts.

Also, someone posted a link to Maj's very recent comments at shoryuken about the balance changes being mandated to favour FFA. Does that mean he stayed at SSM when Superbot stopped working on the game, or was he just commenting on it, because most of the last patch was still Superbot's work?

And for something entirely different, i saw Isaac's menu theme for the first time the other day and i have to say that it rocks. For all the shit Superbot got for their menus (not undeservedly so, though for me personally it was never a great deal), i think that many of the character themes go a long way to improve the look of the menus, which makes me wish all the more that we could change them manually. Maybe in a future patch.

We probably arent going to get titles. :/

And i saw that Maj's post. Its really amazing thou that everyone ignored the fact that it said something about 'final patch'. As if it they arent going to support this anymore.

We probably arent going to get titles. :/

And i saw that Maj's post. Its really amazing thou that everyone ignored the fact that it said something about 'final patch'. As if it they arent going to support this anymore.

I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they supported it this long. I mean there could be a whole lot of regrets and bad blood about this game. I hope we someday get to know more details how this game did financially.

Many other companies would have left this game to die after the first character patch.

Ok, just incase i was wrong ill bring that Maj quote here:

You’re probably going to be disappointed to hear this, but our primary focus in balancing had to be four-player free-for-all mode. Personally i wish we had more freedom to rebalance with 1v1 in mind, but we were told that every change absolutely had to support 4P FFA gameplay first.

I’ll be honest, it was a minor miracle that Jak was even viable in 1v1 matches, and we tried to solidify that a little bit by giving him some reliable combos into lvl2 super. But most of these changes were done to make him more fun in FFA and 2v2 modes, with more weapon variety and slightly less reliance on F+Triangle and air D+Circle.

In that regard, the change to F+Circle was meant to give Jak another reliable long-range attack. I didn’t realize people were using it as makeshift anti-air, but in fairness, you’re probably one of only five people on the planet doing that. Everyone else was wondering why it didn’t have more range or build more AP. We certainly didn’t mean to “stealth nerf it into the ground.”

Thanks for letting me know about the neutral Circle drone not bouncing off walls. I’ll remove it from the list. It’s unfortunate that didn’t make it into the final patch, but i think the other improvements to that move are still helpful.

Regarding the change to air F+Square, it’s impossible to get that followup punch to connect 100% of the time, but it should work more consistently now.

EDIT: Oopsie doodles. Look what i found:
All i know is that Santa Monica Studio intends to continue supporting PASBR in some manner. Whether that includes balance patches and additional DLC, i really don’t know. SuperBot’s involvement in PlayStation All-Stars is pretty much over at this point. What was left of the design and programming team responsible for PASBR was laid off last week. I’m not at SuperBot anymore so these patch notes contain the last bits of inside info i had. Personally i’m optimistic that SMS will show the game some love, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Might aswell put link to that place
http://sonichurricane.com/?p=7417#comments

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
....But.... you were one of the originals on here, weren't u?

Yeah ever since Paul Gale's first leak on Fight Title, then I decided to be lurker because I'm afraid of getting my hype high on this game. I lost it big time. I don't think I will regret it. Kat hype actually bring it on big time.

Haha the "originals" I dig.
He'll come crawling back soon enough...

I don't think I will ever crawling back unless they are planning to releasing very amazing dlc characters that could convince me to change my mind then I'm willing to buy new game again.

Haha, I agreed too.

o snap did not know that.

Prepare for a lot of ragequits. :p

Your reaction:
Booker DeWitt announced for DLC tomorrow

Sad acceptance and ignorance because they fking cost 5 euro per character. (Thats too much <_>)

Seriously thou, PS1, PS2 and PSP characters please. There are about 10 PS3 characters FFS

Oh and i just realized how it would work.

Joel and Ellie & Booker and Elizabeth
Both are gun using guys trying to survive something and also protecting a female...... Right?
They could easily do this.

And stage is Last of Us stage with Medievil zombies.

Top Bottom