• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

alterno69

Banned
How do i synch my PS3 and Vita save file? I already uploaded my PS3 save to the cloud but all my characters are back to 0 on the Vita...

So, is it just me, or does Sackboy's super 3 bring everyone down to the same plane? I think I jumped high once to avoid it, but ended up on the ground, but I cant recall.

Sackboy's 3 is monstrous, especially when you see smart players set up the spawnpoints to pretty much cross the entire level or reach a high spot. On top of that, Sackboy has that grabinator slingshot to get aerial kills. I wish you could move faster in the bubble.

Edit: oops, double post

What the hell is a Robbit?

losing super meter when you die is too punishing, it kills the incentive to reach lv 3 super....most people would go for quick lv 1 much more than now! losing part of the meter would be fair though..

Unless you set meter gaining to high. Then it becomes a frantic game that is quite levelled when it comes to supers. This option is in the trials mode

too much incentive now to go for the L3s tho, especially the super powerful ones like radec that can get you like 5 kills

I dont find that true. There's also good ways to keep those players in check and lots of situational things to consider:

-Grabs, especially the closer you inch to a super 3
-Items
-The fact that other players are in the lead with lower end supers
-The fact that you have only one life left in stock, or an enemy is closing in on a victory (this has led to me settling for lower supers on multiple occasions)
-Opportunities for super 2's or 1's that you can't help but take

Dawg

Sleeping-Dogs-Wallpaper-yuiphone-Wei-Shen-Close-Up1920x10801.jpg

deus_ex_adam_jensen_scream_face_enemies_19836_1920x1080.jpg

Anyone think these guys mite b cool to add from Square Enix?

alterno69

Banned
i can't synch my save file. i uploaded the ps3 save to the cloud and it doesn't show up not on the vita content manager, only vita files show up on vita and only ps3 files on the ps3

Something like 90% of my online matches are rendered useless by glitches that completely ruin the game one way or another. If characters aren't playing out of phase with me, then I'm using a character other than the one I picked.

I'm sad to say it, but PSAS' netcode is almost as bad as KOF XIII. KOF is laggy, but damn it, there are no glitches.

Skyzard

Banned
i can't synch my save file. i uploaded the ps3 save to the cloud and it doesn't show up not on the vita content manager, only vita files show up on vita and only ps3 files on the ps3

try asking in the vita thread..

Actually Mik_Pad has you covered - sorry about that.

Mik_Pad

Banned
That isn't how you do it, you just need to sign in on your vita via PSASBR, there will be a button in the top right corner of your screen when you are in the game, press it then select sign in.

libregkd

Something like 90% of my online matches are rendered useless by glitches that completely ruin the game one way or another. If characters aren't playing out of phase with me, then I'm using a character other than the one I picked.

I'm sad to say it, but PSAS' netcode is almost as bad as KOF XIII. KOF is laggy, but damn it, there are no glitches.
It weird how it seems only certain people experience these because I've been playing online constantly since Tuesday and its been an absolutely flawless experience. Wonder what causes certain people to be prone to these problems while others avoid them.
That isn't how you do it, you just need to sign in on your vita via PSASBR, there will be a button in the top right corner of your screen when you are in the game, press it then select sign in.
Shame you have to earn trophies twice though instead of them just syncing.

It weird how it seems only certain people experience these because I've been playing online constantly since Tuesday and its been an absolutely flawless experience. Wonder what causes certain people to be prone to these problems while others avoid them.

So you've never had a match where people don't seem to respawn after dying? Because that's happening pretty often for me. Flawless matches are something like one in 20.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I like it more how it is, trophies are easy enough that it isn't a pain to earn them twice.

libregkd

So you've never had a match where people don't seem to respawn after dying? Because that's happening pretty often for me. Flawless matches are something like one in 20.
Yeah that's never happened to me so far. It was something I saw happening constantly while I was in the beta but I haven’t encountered it in the retail version yet.
I like it more how it is, trophies are easy enough that it isn't a pain to earn them twice.
Yeah they're easy so it isn't too bad, I just don't like grinding through arcade mode with each character again :b

AAK

I asked this earlier but no one responded, Did anyone that pre-ordered this game from a retailer ever get the extra costumes? If they did, then how did they receive it? A code on the receipt? A voucher in the disc? An email?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I asked this earlier but no one responded, Did anyone that pre-ordered this game from a retailer ever get the extra costumes? If they did, then how did they receive it? A code on the receipt? A voucher in the disc? An email?

Receipt. Which store did you ordered from?

fernoca

-Gamestop gave them on the reciept
-Best Buy, some gave them on the receipt, others sent it to your email up to 24 hours later.

There were problems with the codes (in general, and many only unlocked the costumes on PS3, but not on Vita. Sony/Superbot/etc. are looking into the situaton.

Best Buy (ordered online)
Online orders (Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop) were supposed to be on your email up to 48 hours later.

Gorillaz

Finally played the game and put in some nice hours.

First impressions: It feels like they didn't listen to a single word or critique of the beta. Combo's still basically stack up longer....waaay longer then they should. I shouldn't be able to keep up a constant combo to an enemy for 30 seconds straight.

J-Tier

First impressions: It feels like they didn't listen to a single word or critique of the beta. Combo's still basically stack up longer....waaay longer then they should. I shouldn't be able to keep up a constant combo to an enemy for 30 seconds straight.

30 seconds huh?

mauaus

you must be pretty great

What character are you using? I haven't heard of any combos that last longer than five or six hits before the enemy is knocked out of range

Gorillaz

What character are you using? I haven't heard of any combos that last longer than five or six hits before the enemy is knocked out of range

Off the top of my head Nariko and Drake can easily get it done. Your right usually a character would be knocked out of range or have a "breather" so they wouldn't get spammed with a continuous combo but I noticed it's rather easy to catch someone especially against the "walls" of the maps with combo spam. Easier then it is in most fighters.

Playing 2v2 in the jacuzzi with your vitas. I love this game.

Obviously not literally 30 seconds but you get the jist

I can't think of a combo lasting longer than 3 sec.

Off the top of my head Nariko and Drake can easily get it done. Your right usually a character would be knocked out of range or have a "breather" so they wouldn't get spammed with a continuous combo but I noticed it's rather easy to catch someone especially against the "walls" of the maps with combo spam. Easier then it is in most fighters.

I can easily double jump or block mid air to stop a off wall juggle.

J-Tier

How are you playing this game?? Nariko makes some sense, she's supposed to have extended combos, but they still don't go for that long.

Drake makes zero sense, most of his moves have so much startup/recovery frames that any combo more than three hits (not exactly three, but you get the gist) makes little sense.

If you're up against the wall, block and roll should get you out of there as well.

KevinCow

Banned
Raiden needs to be nerfed. He's good at like everything, plus he has some of the best supers in the game.

Sly's level 1 still needs to be nerfed. Speed and range. Fuck you, Murray.

Big Daddy's level 1 needs to be made not shit. It's ridiculously slow, plus it goes in a really weird arc, plus the Little Sister has such a tiny hitbox. Just make it faster and give the Little Sister a bigger hitbox. It won't be the best, but it'll be better that its current garbage state.

They also need to do something about people being able to swim up out of range during Big Daddy's level 3. That's just silly. Like maybe let him have more double jumps under water.

Sir Dan needs... a lot. He doesn't really have combos, he's not as powerful as you'd expect a slower character to be, and he has by far the worst supers in the game. I'm not sure what they were going for with his level 1, but it just doesn't work. It's such a weird angle. Your only hope of ever landing it is following up an arrow. Maybe if it had more range and stayed out longer? But I'd really rather they just completely reworked it into something decent.

Also I would main the shit out of Robbit even if he was the worst character in the game.

I did a search and didn't find anything in the thread so I hope this isn't a repost.

Anyway, here's a Big Daddy combo video for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsaPMdJUKE

Dang I need to get to where I can chain that kind of stuff in a actual match. I am finally getting a little better with Big D's lvl2. His lvl 1 is still garbage though.

Raiden needs to be nerfed. He's good at like everything, plus he has some of the best supers in the game.

Big Daddy's level 1 needs to be made not shit. It's ridiculously slow, plus it goes in a really weird arc, plus the Little Sister has such a tiny hitbox. Just make it faster and give the Little Sister a bigger hitbox. It won't be the best, but it'll be better that its current garbage state.

They also need to do something about people being able to swim up out of range during Big Daddy's level 3. That's just silly. Like maybe let him have more double jumps under water.

Sir Dan needs... a lot. He doesn't really have combos, he's not as powerful as you'd expect a slower character to be, and he has by far the worst supers in the game. I'm not sure what they were going for with his level 1, but it just doesn't work. It's such a weird angle. Your only hope of ever landing it is following up an arrow. Maybe if it had more range and stayed out longer? But I'd really rather they just completely reworked it into something decent.

Also I would main the shit out of Robbit even if he was the worst character in the game.

Completely agree. Raiden is fricken ridiculous. Its rare that I don't see the Raiden in the match easily win.

Also all the Robbit love is making my night. Greatest game I got on my Playstation at launch, well Kileak was pretty great too.

Gorillaz

How are you playing this game?? Nariko makes some sense, she's supposed to have extended combos, but they still don't go for that long.

Drake makes zero sense, most of his moves have so much startup/recovery frames that any combo more than three hits (not exactly three, but you get the gist) makes zero sense.

If you're up against the wall, block and roll should get you out of there as well.
Obviously she does have extended combos (ala kratos) that doesn't mean it should endless also how does it make zero sense? your over exaggerating Drake's recovery his cool down time between combos are short

Obviously she does have extended combos (ala kratos) that doesn't mean it should endless also how does it make zero sense? your over exaggerating Drake's recovery his cool down time between combos are short

I don't know man. I have played a lot of Drake's and Narikos and of my frustrations with the game extended combos is definitely not one of them.

TheMink

Its not endless, its impossible to have an endless combo.

Read thine OP

depward

What's Kratos' weakness in this game?

Just played a pair of Kratos players and they destroyed us. Can't roll away, can't block. Mashed their way to an easy win.

J-Tier

Just played a pair of Kratos players and they destroyed us. Can't roll away, can't block. Mashed their way to an easy win.

You kind of have to know the timing of their attacks and their habits. Kratos is still "OP" so he has no true weakness. Basically, do a lot of dodging. Make sure he doesn't get that meter, because he gets it pretty damn easy. Not an easy thing to do honestly.

KevinCow

Banned
I get really easily annoyed when I get caught in a long combo in other fighting games - playing Marvel against a decent player is pretty much the easiest way to make me rage - but that hasn't really happened to me in this game. I don't think I've even seen anyone make it to the auto-eject thing yet.

The most annoying thing is getting caught in a Big Daddy ground pound, but I'd be a hypocrite to complain because I use it plenty myself.

J-Tier

I get really easily annoyed when I get caught in a long combo in other fighting games - playing Marvel against a decent player is pretty much the easiest way to make me rage - but that hasn't really happened to me in this game. I don't think I've even seen anyone make it to the auto-eject thing yet.

The most annoying thing is getting caught in a Big Daddy ground pound, but I'd be a hypocrite to complain because I use it plenty myself.

Yeah, his ground pound is damn good. His crutch though is his large hitbox and low mobility.

TheMink

I suspect a Raiden lvl 2 nerf, i.e it keeping you from getting more than 3 by having a really short duration.
Raiden has no ranged attack, the only character that doesn't have one. Raiden definitely has some bad match ups out there. I personally have an enormous amount of trouble with Sackboy with Raiden.

I highly doubt we will see a sly lvl 1 nerf, i suppose a slight range reduction wouldn't hurt, but i think its fine the way it is.

Yeah Big Daddy definitely needs a lvl 1 buff, it needs to be viable for him to be a viable character.

I actually really like Sir Dan, i think hes got some good options, although his lvl 2 seems to have been pre-nerfed from when they first showcased him. It really should be a little better (cheaper :p)

Im sure you have but havent noticed it, if we fight ill show you :p

Skyzard

Banned

From only playing the beta...good question..curious myself. Oops sorry, didn't refresh page, thanks jtir123. Yeah, really feels a bit too over powered.. maybe needs longer breaks so he can't spam so much.

Agreed 100%.

Top Bottom