• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation fans, vote with your wallet.

Markio128

Gold Member
Game bought and controller ordered so my part is done!

I can’t wait to have a blast on this later, but it’s just a shame that I haven’t got my controller yet.

I’ll always throw my money at games like this regardless, but if we can send a message as well, then it’s a win-win.

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
Yeah, i don't think people realize how shit the industry is right now. Problem is much of the creative talent is gone or was "Cancelled" , just look what happened to Chris Avellone, dude won a lawsuit against his accusers and the companies still won't hire him back, as they follow ideology anymore instead of making appealing great games. All woke people injected themselves in these companies and they hired their friends and kicked out , or the founders left (Rocksteady, Bioware, etc...). Good games require talent, money and passion. It also many times, requires long hours and crunch. Avocado toast, yoga 2 hour lunches and urbanite millennial San-Fran style cry rooms need not apply.

We are getting great indy games, I have 100s of hours on Songs of Syx, a game made in Java by one dude. We have great fan made mods. We have great Eastern European devs making AA+ - AAA games (metro, stalker, robocop, etc..) and amazing Japanese and now Korean and Chinese devs too. The west is fucked, and it sucks. I am an American, but we are creatively bankrupt, or our money backers are little bitches that bow down to the message and or gaas dreams of greed.

Astrobot looks like a great game, but so was Little Big Planet 1-3, Puppeteer, Sly4, all games that came out in the same gen. Thing is we only get one of them. Nothing new has been made.
I'd love for a platformer renaissance, and a return to creativity, or hell even more shooters with single player campaigns as we don't seem to get them anymore either. Some arcade racers, motorstorm, wipeout, twisted metal. It's all gaas , always online bs, ubisoft style open world, or dark souls clones.
Yeah, and alot of gamers are in denial about this fact, or are say...20-25 years old and were too young for even the 2007 example I listed. So to them, they DEFINATELY don't know what I'm talking about.

Hot take: I think if astrobot wins GOTY it doesn't help the industry as much as if Wukong did. Astrobot doesn't challenge other devs to push beyond their limits. Whereas if a title like Wukong does, it puts devs on notice more. But hey, what do I know.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I-did-my-part-gif :messenger_sunglasses:

It even got delivered one day early.

aOtaHTi.jpeg

StueyDuck

Yeah, and alot of gamers are in denial about this fact, or are say...20-25 years old and were too young for even the 2007 example I listed. So to them, they DEFINATELY don't know what I'm talking about.

Hot take: I think if astrobot wins GOTY it doesn't help the industry as much as if Wukong did. Astrobot doesn't challenge other devs to push beyond their limits. Whereas if a title like Wukong does, it puts devs on notice more. But hey, what do I know.
Wukong is gonna push the industry to be dominated by China and their strict control on media.

I personally pick the astrobot world.

LBP came out in 2008, and it's sequels up to 2014. Puppeteer and Sly cooper 4 in 2013. Ratchet tools in 2008, crack in time 2009, then ratchet remake 2016, then new one in 2020. We have had non nintendo platformers, it hasn't been two decades, maybe you didn't support these games or know about them some xbox people didn't play ps3 games, when Sony was at it's best, imo.

Yeah recently mostly Nintendo makes good platformers, that is true, so hopefully this does send a message. Problem is, these companies are greedy. If its not selling 10mil plus they don't care.
A Crack in Time is so freaking good. Insomniac was firing on all cylinders during PS3. Even the PSN R&C games. Into the Nexus looks stunning to this day. Those games are so good to me that they've effectively made the recent R&C games feel underwhelming. Kind of sucks to be honest. Didn't even finish A Rift Apart and it was one of the main reasons I bought a PS5.

StueyDuck

You're thinking about everything but the game.
wukong takes just as much from other games. but the point still stands, wukong winning goty (which it probably is going to, China has big investment in the geoffies, loads of tencent and netease going on there) will lead to a lot of pandering and falling in line with their strict media rules

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
wukong takes just as much from other games. but the point still stands, wukong winning goty (which it probably is going to, China has big investment in the geoffies, loads of tencent and netease going on there) will lead to a lot of pandering and falling in line with their strict media rules
Or, it'll also make soulslike devs up their presentation and maybe implement some real particle effects and animations. Bring back storytelling. And it helps raise the bar to get us out of this wooden, stiff FROM era of animations and story by comparison.

Preseznik

Getting my physical copy tomorrow.
Was never going to pass on this.

Besides GT7, this is the only PS5 game I bought new at release (ok COD as well, I guess).

wipeout364

It's time to vote with your wallet.

Buy Astrobot.

Send Sony a message about what you want. This is the best way to make your voices heard. I'm glad that people rejected Concord. I hear so many times that Sony needs to bring back those smaller AA games and 3D platformers like Ratchet, Sly, and Jak & Daxter, instead of chasing GaaS.

This is your time.

Make a statement. Support Team Asobi. Support Astrobot. Make Sony see where the money and interest is.

That's it.

f1RNSaW.jpeg

Starship Troopers GIF
I wasn't considering buying this but I have to admit your argument has made me reconsider. I am not so concerned with Sony doing GAAS service (although I was happy to see Concord fail for obvious reasons) but more with their cinematic open world third person approach to things. If I support this will they look at giving us a new G-Police, Wipeout, Colony Wars, Bloodborne or Sly Cooper?

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I have been annoying every youtube chat with being a damn NPC for this game. I'm so pushing to try and get it going and so happy with the critical response

I had bought the physical but cancelled that in favor of the digital deluxe just to throw them another $10 and get that Bloodborne costume. I think that makes me part of some problem but I dont really care I want to support good games.

StueyDuck

Or, it'll also make soulslike devs up their presentation and maybe implement some real particle effects and animations. Bring back storytelling. And it helps raise the bar to get us out of this wooden, stiff FROM era of animations and story by comparison.
i doubt any dev is taking that away from the wukong situation, most will read it as china = 10x more sales

Top Bottom