• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/05/09 – Military Madness: Nectaris (US) | Numblast (US)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Nakazato said:
2 words Phil Hartman
Look, I loved Phil Hartman as much as anyone. Honestly, I can remember being a bit shaken up when his crazy wife killed him.

That said, Blasto was not his finest hour. Even a great talent like his can only do so much for a terrible game.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PSP GAMES

► Full Games
○ Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (¥5040)
○ NBA Live 10 (¥5250)
○ Reading For Everyone: The Tale of Genji (¥1500)

ADD-ONS

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Birthday Cake Costume
○ Space Suit Costume

► Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081
○ Mission #3
○ Mission #4

► Trinity Universe
○ New Pack Added

VIDEOS

► 3D Dot Game Heroes
○ Promotional Video Vol. 1

► Armored Core Silent Line Portable
○ Promotional Video Vol. 1

kassatsu said:
Only on the US store though :(

So Euro store to get dynamic theme previews Q2 2010?

I really don't like how it plays a fast forward'ed clip, its much better than nothing I suppose, and I don't want to sit there for 5 minutes or whatever watching every Southpark character scroll.

BTW nice site Kassatsu, will frequent.

kassatsu

Banned
Terrordactyl said:
So Euro store to get dynamic theme previews Q2 2010?

I really don't like how it plays a fast forward'ed clip, its much better than nothing I suppose, and I don't want to sit there for 5 minutes or whatever watching every Southpark character scroll.

BTW nice site Kassatsu, will frequent.
The EU store has them for some, like bowling. But Eye Pet and Ratchet don't have them. I guess once they go on the US store they add the preview. Kind of stupid.

androvsky

I was wondering when they were going to put up a 3D Dot Game Heroes video on the Store, might've been nice a little before the game went on sale. I get the funny feeling this game's going to be woefully undershipped like Demon's Souls was.

Reading For Everyone: The Tale of Genji... is that just the book, or is there some attempt to pretty it up with pictures and such? Okay, I don't know why I'm curious since I can't read Japanese and I could barely stand to read The Tale of Genji in English, but it just seems like an odd thing for the PSP outside of the upcoming comic/manga reader.

kassatsu

Banned
androvsky said:
I was wondering when they were going to put up a 3D Dot Game Heroes video on the Store, might've been nice a little before the game went on sale. I get the funny feeling this game's going to be woefully undershipped like Demon's Souls was.

Reading For Everyone: The Tale of Genji... is that just the book, or is there some attempt to pretty it up with pictures and such? Okay, I don't know why I'm curious since I can't read Japanese and I could barely stand to read The Tale of Genji in English, but it just seems like an odd thing for the PSP outside of the upcoming comic/manga reader.
There are a whole series of these, it is just the book.

biocat

Suikoden I & II PSP is up on the JP PSN store now. Selling for ¥2300. Just bought it!

It wasn't on the front page when I looked for it. You have to go to new PSP releases and then look under the new releases from there.

Blablurn

today is a good day to release FF VIII.

i heard rumors that the european video store may come next week. i hope it's true.

Aru

biocat said:
Suikoden I & II PSP is up on the JP PSN store now. Selling for ¥2300. Just bought it!

It wasn't on the front page when I looked for it. You have to go to new PSP releases and then look under the new releases from there.

If only SCEA could release Suikoden II on the US store :/

jvm said:
Blasto?

BLASTO?!?!

That's classic as in a classic turd. I still remember the "seamless streaming world" and "smooth skinning" tripe that Next Generation magazine published, straight from Sony's lying lips. The final game was horrible and based on levels.

At least the smooth skinning part was pretty ok.

I should have known their whole idea of Classic was deeply flawed after that whole Spec Ops debacle. :p
This will assuredly be greasing the rails for a Blasto PS3 game TBA shortly.

I always thought Qwark from Ratchet was what they wanted Blasto to be.

PlayStation Store via PS3
Special Offers

Until the 12th of November:

* Siren Blood Curse (Was – £19.99/€29.99 Now – £14.99/€19.99)
* Siren Blood Curse Chapter One: The Siren’s Call (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Siren Blood Curse Chapter Two: No Refuge (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Siren Blood Curse Chapter Three: Nest of Devils (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Siren Blood Curse Chapter Four: The End is the Beginning (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)

Until the 19th of November:

* 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars (Was – £7.99/€9.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Echochrome Micro (PSP) (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (PSP) (Was – £7.99/€9.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Command & Conquer (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation (PSone) (Was – £3.99€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)

PSone Classic

* Party Time with Winnie the Pooh (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+ (for that price how can I not!!!)

Demos (free)

* NBA 2K10 Demo PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

* Brütal Legend – Hextadon Map Pack (free – until the 19th November only) PEGI 18+

* LittleBigPlanet
o Anniversary Cake Costume (free)
o Spacesuit Costume (free)

(both costumes available for one week only)

PEGI 7+

* EyePet
o Hospital Styling Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
o Lucky Dip Styling Pack 3 (free)

PEGI 3+

* Rock Band
o Best of You by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
o The Pretender by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
o Wheels by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
o Word Forward by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
o Foo Fighters Pack 03 (this pack contains the above four Foo Fighters tracks) (£3.49/€5.29)
o About a Girl by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
o Blew by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
o School by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
o Nirvana Pack 02 (this pack contains the above three Nirvana tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)
o Fake Friends by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+
Videos (free)

* Assassin’s Creed 2 Lineage Trailer
* Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Battlefield Moments Episode 1
* DC Universe Austin Studio Tour Video
* DC Universe Jens Anderson Video
* Front Mission Evolved Trailer
* Star Ocean: The Last Hope Trailer
* Nier Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers

Until the 19th of November:

* Echochrome Micro (PSP) (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Command & Conquer (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation (PSone) (Was – £3.99€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Ghostbusters (£16.99/€26.99) PEGI 7+
* Dragoneer’s Aria (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
* Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (£31.99/€39.99) PEGI 12+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* Spot the Differences! (£2.49/€2.99) PEGI 3+

PSone Classic

* Party Time with Winnie the Pooh (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Rock Band Unplugged
o Toxicity by System of a Down (£0.99/€1.49)
o Waking The Demon by Bullet For My Valentine (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+
Videos (free)

* Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker Trailer
* Thexder Neo Trailer

BaZZaa

Neo Member
oh my, I need some money!

* Siren Blood Curse (Was – £19.99/€29.99 Now – £14.99/€19.99)
* Dragoneer’s Aria (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
* Spot the Differences! (£2.49/€2.99) PEGI 3+

kassatsu said:
YES!

Elemental Monster TD Portable is out tomorrow in the US!

http://www.psnstores.com/2009/11/creature-defense-out-tomorrow/
What is it with Tower Defense games that Sony thinks they have to release a new one every week? This one looks cool, but I just might be burning out on the gendre; I've already got PJMonstersDX, Field Runners and Crystal Defenders... Does the card-aspect of this game bring anything new to the party?

Some nice sale items this week partly makes up for the lack of new content. Syphon Filter for £3.99 is tempting. Hopefully they will have the PSN video store up next week.

squall211

Aru said:
If only SCEA could release Suikoden II on the US store :/

Seriously! I Own Suikoden I, III, IV, V, and Tactics. I've never played any of them (although I started the first one a couple years ago) because I've been hoping for a rerelease of II. I've wanted to play through the entire series, but I want II to be available (at a non rape price) before I start.

jvm

Gamasutra.
squall211 said:
Seriously! I Own Suikoden I, III, IV, V, and Tactics. I've never played any of them (although I started the first one a couple years ago) because I've been hoping for a rerelease of II. I've wanted to play through the entire series, but I want II to be available (at a non rape price) before I start.
That is insane...

batbeg

* Nier Trailer

I'd guess the Front Mission and Nier trailers are old, but has there been any "PS3" trailers of Star Ocean IV until now?

squall211 said:
Seriously! I Own Suikoden I, III, IV, V, and Tactics. I've never played any of them (although I started the first one a couple years ago)

My advice would be to at least finish the first one and get all 108 stars, so when the second one comes out, you can play it right away. But if you really want to get the whole series first, I wish you luck.

SnowDog

Neo Member
PSone Classic

* Party Time with Winnie the Pooh

The word "classic" is being so roundly abused here I feel like phoning Social Services.

MadFuzzy

SnowDog said:
The word "classic" is being so roundly abused here I feel like phoning Social Services.

Disney are obviously able and choosing to publish their old PS1 games as downloads; it's other (largely Japanese) publishers who aren't for one reason or another.

There's obviously a reason why most of the PS1 titles released in Europe this year have been EA or Disney games (probably because they released the games originally and so own the rights to re-release them).

And to be honest, whilst the Japanese store may have hundreds of PS1 games, amongst the gems there's a fair bit of crap as well.

GrayFoxPL

Winnie the Pooh, huh?

They went all motherfucking hardcore on us this time!
Is the bear a spec-op in this game?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
batbeg said:
* Nier Trailer

I'd guess the Front Mission and Nier trailers are old, but has there been any "PS3" trailers of Star Ocean IV until now?

Yeah, it was on JPSN, if it's the TGS one.

Im thinking of jumpin on SSHD for PSP but Im skeptical of how it controls. What is the control scheme? can you only shoot in front of you? Love the PS3 version

V_Ben

Banned
KittyKittyBangBang said:
Im thinking of jumpin on SSHD for PSP but Im skeptical of how it controls. What is the control scheme? can you only shoot in front of you? Love the PS3 version

the psp version is awesome, so don't worry about that!

jvm

Gamasutra.
KittyKittyBangBang said:
Jump on it while it's cheap. I've had no complaint about the controls, and I love it to death.

Rolf NB

KittyKittyBangBang said:
It's one of the games that repurpose the four face buttons for a second d-pad, so no worries, you can shoot in any direction independent of movement.

kassatsu

Banned
Trine demo for US today

Spot the Differences won't be on the US Store this week

Phantasy Star Portable 2 network mode codes are going out too.

jvm

Gamasutra.
kassatsu said:
Spot the Differences won't be on the US Store this week
As long as we get Pac-Man Championship Edition instead, I'm ok with that. :D

Still hoping for Pac-Man CE for PSP sooner rather than later. :(

Top Bottom