• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/05/09 – Military Madness: Nectaris (US) | Numblast (US)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
nothing for me this week i don't think - MIGHT get class of heroes but i'm up to my neck in Disgaea at the moment.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
kassatsu Member (10-08-2009, 06:57 PM) US UP VIA SEARCH.
kassatsu Member (10-15-2009, 07:47 PM) Up via search
DMPrince Member (10-22-2009, 07:47 PM) Other stuff might be up just search.
WhiteAce The savior is back (10-29-2009, 08:38 PM) tuuuurgid update. I see this :
SuperSonic1305 Member (Today, 07:05 PM) Media Go update is up.

Seeeee its like I said last week they're being consistant in updating at 7 or after!

lupinko said:
Nah, it's the same PSP crest, but instead of PSP Game, it has "the Best" logo.

Oh okays still kinda silly but not as bad.

RedBoot

Crimson Room's a surprise, didn't know we were getting that. Pretty good update overall, though I'm surprised Class of Heroes is $40 instead of $30. That just leaves Jewel Summoner as the only Atlus PSP game not on PSN, I believe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crap update this week. :/

Only good thing is the LBP costume, which isn't that huge a deal. :/ (Already had the spacesuit from launch)

RuGalz

Numblast looks like it can be fun but I can't decide if I want PS3 or PSP version... Why didn't they offer a bundle of both for $7...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Another week, another Tower Defense game. If there's such a thing as an enthusiast of the genre, let us know if Creature Defense stacks up.

That free Topatoi expansion looks pretty awesome.

TheSeks

Anyone know if the Motorstorm demo runs on CFW?

jvm

Gamasutra.
TheSeks said:
Anyone know if the Motorstorm demo runs on CFW?
Dunno, but it's waaaaaaay annoying. There's a mandatory trailer at the beginning, which is like a minute long. Then there is a mandatory static screen or two after the race, so you can't race again immediately.

Other than that, it's nice.

kassatsu

Banned
RuGalz said:
Numblast looks like it can be fun but I can't decide if I want PS3 or PSP version... Why didn't they offer a bundle of both for $7...
There are demos for both on the EU store. I have no clue why Sony didn't have demos this week.

Tobor

Thank goodness Dissidia is up, that's one less title for people to whine about. :lol

How's Dungeon Maker?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I quite enjoyed the Dissidia demo, but I'm done buying $40 games for a 5 yr old portable gaming platform. Drop the price at least $10 and then I may buy.

Tobor said:
How's Dungeon Maker?
Visually very bland but the concept is cool, somewhat akin to Badman in that you build a dungeon to attract an ecosystem of creatures, but then you're also the "hero" who gets to go in and kill them. It's a competent dungeon hack that tries to distinguish itself by giving you control of dungeon creation but felt a little too slow to me in letting you build expand and thus I ended up retreading the same areas I'd already created a little too frequently.

Tobor

kaching said:
I quite enjoyed the Dissidia demo, but I'm done buying $40 games for a 5 yr old portable gaming platform. Drop the price at least $10 and then I may buy.

Visually very bland but the concept is cool, somewhat akin to Badman in that you build a dungeon to attract an ecosystem of creatures, but then you're also the "hero" who gets to go in and kill them. It's a competent dungeon hack that tries to distinguish itself by giving you control of dungeon creation but felt a little too slow to me in letting you build expand and thus I ended up retreading the same areas I'd already created a little too frequently.

Thanks, I'll probably skip it.

kaching said:

What does the age of the console have to do with the price of games? Do you expect 360 and PS3 games to start having a lower MSRP now that their system's have been out for a few years?

Speevy

Banned
I know this much is obvious to the people of this forum, but the Mercury bundle is horribly labeled.

If I didn't know any better, it looks like a PS3 game.

outunderthestars said:
What does the age of the console have to do with the price of games? Do you expect 360 and PS3 games to start having a lower MSRP now that their system's have been out for a few years?

That does happen every generation.

Pai Pai Master said:
That does happen every generation.

For some reason I doubt this is going to happen, at least until a new generation comes about. I think we are really entering the golden age of big business with video games, led by activision and the like.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ok, I'm officially cutting off my credit. I removed my CC from the store and I'm going with PSN cards only from now on.

Freedom.

krae_man

Qore subscribers wasted their money. The first year we got beta invites, early demos and at least 4 free games. So far this year we got in the mag beta and some themes.

Totally worth $25/year.

Oh and Gex = MINE!

Chris R

40 seems like it might be too much for some games (didn't like the ffd demo) but if people buy the games at the price they will stay that "high"

no FFVIII makes me sad :( crap rb2 dlc too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
rhfb said:
40 seems like it might be too much for some games (didn't like the ffd demo) but if people buy the games at the price they will stay that "high"
$40 definitely isn't too much for Dissidia

Chris_C

Anyone spot any reviews for Ghostbusters PSP? I'm getting the PS3 version Sunday and was wondering whether it's worth the double dip (huge GB fan).

yankee666

I cannot complaint about this US PSN update especially for Dissidia. Now SE give me before the year ends FF VIII (at $9,99) Vagrant Story (at $5,99) and FF VII: Crisis Core (at $19,99) :D

jimid2

Neo Member
I'll grab the Mercury bundle - nice deal for $10, even though I already own both UMDs, I'll have no complaints if they want to double-dip me for that price...

...and been playing too much of Peace Walker demo, so I broke down and bought MGS finally... I've played it through three or four times on my CFW PSP, but I think I need to keep a copy on my Go... :lol

Massa

Chris_C said:
Anyone spot any reviews for Ghostbusters PSP? I'm getting the PS3 version Sunday and was wondering whether it's worth the double dip (huge GB fan).

It's a port of the Wii game. I have no idea if it's a good port but you might find reviews on Amazon or videos on Youtube.

RuGalz

kassatsu said:
There are demos for both on the EU store. I have no clue why Sony didn't have demos this week.

Will check it out, thanks. Still would be nice to be able to have both versions for a discounted price if it's good and even better if they can share save file or something...

Sony, there's something to think about for the next iteration...

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PSP GAMES

► Full Games
○ Class of Heroes PSP the Best (¥2200)

VIDEOS

► Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
○ Promotional Video

► The Last Guardian
○ E3 2009 Trailer
○ TGS 2009 Trailer

For anybody that hasn't yet, read the text description of the Nier TGS trailer on the European stores. Good stuff!

It's about the 360 version--says so plain as day. Way to go, Square-Enix!

P.S.
They also manage to insult Last Remnant while they're at it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
outunderthestars said:
The age of the console has alway impacted average price of games for a given platform, esp. as new hardware/competing platforms loom. I don't see any reason why that trend shouldn't continue with PSP games.

PS3 and 360 still have a couple of years in them before the trend would kick in, maybe longer since they're much more advanced hardware that is taking longer for devs to fully tap. But, eventually, the same thing should happen there too.

Erdrick

Wow... the demo for Nectaris/MM really turned me off for some reason. Odd, since I love it on the TG-16 and the PS1 remake as well. I just could not get into it for whatever reason. The screen seems so cluttered or something. By all rights, I should still love the game... but I don't.

I have the TG-16 version on the Wii VC, so I guess I'll just stick with that. Sad to say.

TheSeks

kaching said:
The age of the console has alway impacted average price of games for a given platform, esp. as new hardware/competing platforms loom. I don't see any reason why that trend shouldn't continue with PSP games.

lol wut?

New PSX games were always $40.
New X-box/PS2/Gamecube games were always $50.
New 360/PS3 games are $60.

Why would the PSP be any different because it's 5 years old?

Top Bottom