• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The only 25% bonus I've ever seen was for flying multiple passengers/cargo to the same destination.

I'm not claiming a 25% bonus, I'm just saying that my screenshot showed UNLOADED cargo worth more than the rest going to the same location.

Maybe the dev can clarify?

Evlar

Banned
Layovers allow you to...

Increase the number of jobs available at a destination because they don't disappear when new jobs arrive. Increasing the number of jobs available makes it easier to fly optimally for your big planes. There is a cap on the number of layovers per location so that you can't abuse it.

Ensure that your big flights get the 25% bonus when matching people going to the same destination. It seems that the 'end game' is big planes moving lots of people/cargo across big distances and small planes making sure that your big planes are always running at optimal capacity.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a 'bonus' for layovers other than playing more optimally. The 25% bonus is for having cargo/people going to the same location.

Right, that's what I see too. It limits downtime, reduces empty space on your planes, and helps you achieve the 25% group bonus more often.

If you have a passenger flying from London to Portland, you can carry him from London to LA with a bunch of mis-matched passengers, then lay him over. This passenger is worth a lot of coin because he's traveling so far. Then, you can group him on a two-seat flight with another guy who is just going from LA to Portland (he's not worth much at all). HOWEVER, the guy from London AND the guy from LA will BOTH get the 25% bonus... despite the fact that the guy from London spent 90% of the journey with passengers to other destinations.

Meier

Are you sure you're looking at the values with a new plane? Those values are not with a 25% bonus...So I'm nearly positive you receive layover bonus.

No layover bonus per se, but the original value of the trip continues wherever the passenger is left. The trip value never declines on the layover.

If Orlando to Tokyo is worth 5,000 and I pick a passenger up and drop him off in Hong Kong. His finished trip from Hong Kong to Tokyo will still be worth 5,000 while someone else's might be like 300.

I'm not claiming a 25% bonus, I'm just saying that my screenshot showed UNLOADED cargo worth more than the rest going to the same location.

Maybe the dev can clarify?

That's because it came from further away.

Like, you'd get 100 coins from London to Munich, and 200 coins from London to Warsaw.

If you do a layover in Munich on the way to Warsaw, your journey is still worth 200 coins, where a normal Munich to Warsaw journey is 100 coins, say.

senador

Banned
Yeah, pretty sure the layover itself isn't making a job worth more individually. It's retaining it's initial value, which was different based on its origin. The bonus comes from filling your plane with people and/or cargo to the same destination.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's because it came from further away.

Like, you'd get 100 coins from London to Munich, and 200 coins from London to Warsaw.

If you do a layover in Munich on the way to Warsaw, your journey is still worth 200 coins, where a normal Munich to Warsaw journey is 100 coins, say.

Oh wait, I get what you're saying. I'm stupid sorry hahaha

Big bonuses stack up when you start trafficking from everywhere. A+

Meier

I've taken a bunch of passengers/cargo from say Rome or Berlin to Glasgow or Belfast and dropped them off then had my planes do the Reykjavik - Nuuk - Goose Bay - Thunder Bay - Calgary loop or vice versa to get big bucks. Biggest profit thus far has been 3,900.

Once I get rid of all my layovers from Belfast, I'll probably close down that airport since it isn't serving much good now that I've opened Glasgow and also have Manchester.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Eeen is now on GAF

kWSgs.jpg

Woot.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
The base value of the job never changes from when you pick it up initially, although you can have the full plane bonus applied to it at any point later if it's grouped together.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Well, we have 3rd place locked up.

Not from a lack of trying. My 100 trips has me 56th for GAFAIR.

Meier

Well, we have 3rd place locked up.

Not from a lack of trying. My 100 trips has me 56th for GAFAIR.

I saw that CheapyD was flogging the #CAG group on Twitter and I've noticed the 4th place team has been moving up quite a bit which I imagine is their team. Hard to say where we'll finish up, but it'll definitely be in the top 10!

I have 17 trips and am at 200. Tough having only 3 airports in North America.

TwiztidElf

If you want to send me the G: number in the settings screen of your game to dave@nimblebit.com I can send you some bux assuming you want to start over. Sorry about the data loss!

Thanks for the offer mate. Absolutely superb community customer service. Definitely enourages me to be a loyal Nimblebit consumer in the future. If nly other gaming companies had the same commitment to their customers. I'm ok though. It's annoying, but I'm happy enough restarting.

Damn your addictive game! :)

Meier

I've done 53 jobs and I'm 115th, hope to break into the top 50 before the event has finished.

I believe someone said you need to do X number of jobs (think they said 24? seems quite random) to get the reward. Perhaps Dave or Ian can confirm what is necessary to be eligible for the Bux reward on a global event.

HBP

I believe someone said you need to do X number of jobs (think they said 24? seems quite random) to get the reward. Perhaps Dave or Ian can confirm what is necessary to be eligible for the Bux reward on a global event.

It's only 5.

At 274 jobs I'm number 5 on GafAir. I probably won't be able to keep this up in future events, though. I'm just lucky I'm currently on my weekend from work these past couple days.

Working hard for GAFair here. Can someone tell me how to build planes? I notice I get plane parts whenever I buy an airport, but how do I build them?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I cannot get icloud to work at all. I don't understand... I really wish i could play on my phone or my ipad...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Paying more attention to layovers after reading in the thread that they maintain the first price. I got too trigger happy at one point and totally overlooked the fact that some of the layovers I set a while ago offered low payment due to the original distance. Doh.

NervousXtian

Layovers seem more trouble than they are worth.. bonus isn't high enough to make it worth remembering whats going on.

Also, am I the only go who spent bucks putting all my pilots in stupid costumes?

I got Domo, a Ghost, Pumpkinhead, Spaceman, Cat, Lumberjack (go Timbers!), Scuba-dood, and Pirate.

My kid picked them all out.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If I delete pocket planes data from icloud will that delete my local game too.

I really want to figure out whats up with icloud not working but I don't want to break anything.

no angel

Working hard for GAFair here. Can someone tell me how to build planes? I notice I get plane parts whenever I buy an airport, but how do I build them?
Go into the parts section and click build, you'll need a body, an engine and a set of controls to build a plane. It's cheaper to build planes this way than buy them.

NervousXtian

Dayum, how is TA at 48,600 points with the leaderboard. We'll never reach it.

Most of their readership is probably under the age of 18, thus summer vacation, thus no downtime for you know, things like work + wife + kids + yardwork + beer + basketball + etc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish the map would tell you what the max. layover capacity is in each city, doing too many screen juggling just to find out

Top Bottom