• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Wichu

What's the BP on Conkeldurr Dynamic Punch after Sheer Force and STAB? D:

I don't know if it's worth it the 50% acc but damn, that's a good gamble.

150 with just STAB, and you can use the much more accurate Hammer Arm (150, or 180 with Iron Fist) and Superpower (180). Not worth it.

MicH

I just keep my Pokemon in the order I caught them and then make separate boxes for my competitive Pokemon and breeding stuff.
I only do that when playing through the game - after that it gets too messy for me, and I have to organize my stuff to find what I what :p

If you want to collect every Pokemon, you'll pretty much have to organize them by number or something, like I did in Black, since there's not a lot of leftover space.

In Black 2 I just leave everything where it lands. :p
I do want to complete the PokéDex in White 2, so I'll need to get everything - but not every evolutionary stage. At least, that's not what I want to do at the moment.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How soon can I evolve my Eevee to Leafeon? Minimal spoilers.

Levelup at Moss Rock in Pinwheel Forest. You won't have access to this area until after defeating the Champion.

If you want to trade him to me later tonight, I can do it for you. Or I'm sure someone else can do it for you sooner.

Yeah. The first two things I did were the Unova Link and Mystery Gift before I even started a file and they both worked.

Ah alright thanks for confirming this Roto :D And I just figured out Unova Link works with one DS too as it seems thanks to this C-Gear ID sync feature!

Boogiepop

They still never fixed DW so you don't have to re-synch every time you get a pokemon, right? I can only get my (3)DS online on the weekends, so that's the reason I could never even get into the thing in the first place.

Man, DW is such a weird thing, though. It's pretty clearly designed for the younger age-set playing pokemon, and yet the rewards (pokemon with their DW abilities) seem so tailored to the competitive subset.

Just at a glance, which Pokémon would you guys say is the better Psychic-type -- Musharna or Sigilyph?

I'm not EV training or anything, I'm just talking about which one you guys prefer in general. I used Munna/Musharna throughout White 1 and found it pretty handy (except for its ridiculously low Speed, but one of the only move types not represented in my White 2 team (where I have again been using Munna/Musharna) is Flying, and it would be convenient to have Fly on one of my six main Pokémon. But Sigilyph would also have twice the weaknesses as well, obviously, so I'm on the fence. Is Sigilyph better enough than Musharna to be worth replacing?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just at a glance, which Pokémon would you guys say is the better Psychic-type -- Musharna or Sigilyph?

I'm not EV training or anything, I'm just talking about which one you guys prefer in general. I used Munna/Musharna throughout White 1 and found it pretty handy (except for its ridiculously low Speed, but one of the only move types not represented in my White 2 team (where I have again been using Munna/Musharna) is Flying, and it would be convenient to have Fly on one of my six main Pokémon. But Sigilyph would also have twice the weaknesses as well, obviously, so I'm on the fence. Is Sigilyph better enough than Musharna to be worth replacing?

Tinted Lens (not very effective moves do 2x damage) Sigilyph (from Dream Radar) is really helpful in game. It can basically blast through everything with Psychic / Air Slash, because nothing will resist it. Musharna is really bulky and strong, but slow too, so it'll usually be moving last unlike Sigilyph.

Musharna is really cute although I'd take Sigilyph in most cases.

Aggrotek

Embarking on the daunting task of completing the pokedex. Numbering all of my boxes from 001-649. Going to have one of each pokemon....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Embarking on the daunting task of completing the pokedex. Numbering all of my boxes from 001-649. Going to have one of each pokemon....

I did that in BW1, before there was a decent reward for even completing the Pokedex. Not doing a living Pokedex this time, but I'll probably complete it fully again.

Boogiepop

Despite what I said earlier in the thread, I am getting drawn into the habitat list. It's just the perfect way to make me say "just a little more!" The worst part is the 5% chance fishing/surfing spots (in caves!) I really should just level up some of these or get them elsewhere, but I can't resist trying to fill it out the "right" way! Right now I'm up to the Relic Passage, so I've definitely been making some progress, at least.

I just wanted to say that I feel like White/Black 2 are the best Pokemon games I have played since GSC (HGSS notwithstanding.) I just wan't feeling with with RSE or DPP, but I am loving this. I haven't played White/Black 1 though.

Roto13

Tinted Lens (not very effective moves do 2x damage) Sigilyph (from Dream Radar) is really helpful in game. It can basically blast through everything with Psychic / Air Slash, because nothing will resist it. Musharna is really bulky and strong, but slow too, so it'll usually be moving last unlike Sigilyph.

Next time I use a Musharna, I'm going to name it "Dicklegs"

I have a question. Post game spoilers
Do I need the Registeel from Black 2 or will any Registeel work to catch Regigigas? It's the only legend I haven't caught in White 2.
Now to finish the dex.....94 out of 649 only 555 more to go woohoo.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Next time I use a Musharna, I'm going to name it "Dicklegs"

insJN4LnxUrYy.png

Yeah, I've got one from Dream Radar with Tinted Lens. Sounds like I should raise it after all and replace my Musharna, then...

Aggrotek

I did that in BW1, before there was a decent reward for even completing the Pokedex. Not doing a living Pokedex this time, but I'll probably complete it fully again.

Thanks again for the Rayquaza. I don't have a lot of the 3rd gen legends, and getting Mewtwo, Ho-Oh and the legendary birds is going to be a bitch.

quabba

Well now I feel dumb not picking tinted lens Sigilyph from the list of Dream World pokemon when I saw the option....

I always thought Musharna was the "pink elephant" that the cartoon drunks saw in those cartoons from back in the day. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it for the first time. It's evolution on the other hand is an abomination. lol

The town musics in this game are divine. I mean, they aint DDS1 or Suikoden 1 level, but they're so varied and loop well.

Woo. Just beat Skyla. Now that my Pokemon have evolved at least once for the most part, they're dying in less horrible ways.

klang.png
Lv39
scraggy.png
Lv38
emboar.png
Lv37
garbodor.png
Lv37

Pffft. Rock dat Krokorok! Defense schmefense! Can't kill what you cant hit and kills you quicker!

Anyone who's planning on EVing come up with their team yet?

I've been toying around with some teams on Pokemon-Online and I think I've come up with one that works really well, especially considering that Garchomp is back in OU.

Levelup at Moss Rock in Pinwheel Forest. You won't have access to this area until after defeating the Champion.

If you want to trade him to me later tonight, I can do it for you. Or I'm sure someone else can do it for you sooner.

After beating the champion.
It's way late in the map.

Thanks.

Guess I'll go with Flareon instead (my Eevee is Jolly so Glaceon/Espeon wouldn't be viable; already have a Water and Electric team member). Fire Fang ahoy.

Boogiepop

Bah, I think trying to catch a Steelix has ended my quest of catching my way through the habitat list. ~50 max repels and a good chunk of time with nothing to show for it (well, a lot of items, but still.) I think I'm just going to trade in/raise the %5 special spot pokemon off that list, as they are waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of a pain to deal with.

Firestorm

The town musics in this game are divine. I mean, they aint DDS1 or Suikoden 1 level, but they're so varied and loop well.

Pffft. Rock dat Krokorok! Defense schmefense! Can't kill what you cant hit and kills you quicker!
I used Krook in Black and didn't wanna repeat.

Someone get me a Solosis egg ;_;

ffdgh

Woo I caught thundurus....and he has a quiet nature. Eh guess i'll count my blessings and throw a choice scarf onto him.

Izayoi

Banned
I was wondering that too.

I figured after doing it 3 times I would get something... but then I didn't get anything.

So then I thought maybe 5 times will get me something.... nope.

So I just walked off.
I did it about a dozen times before giving it up, lol.

:(

Korosenai

My current team (just finished the events at the Giant Chasm):

My team consists of different pokemon from different generations (I doubled up in gen 4).

I started with Gengar and Deino (Soon to be Hydreigon) because they are my two favorite pokemon. Then I picked Mamoswine, because who doesn't like mammoths? Scizor is my favorite pokemon from gen 2. I only picked Ludicolo because I needed a good water/grass type from gen 3, and I had already picked Togekiss as a flying type. I would have picked Slaking over Ludicolo, since Slaking is my favorite from gen 3, but his truant ability is awful :(

All in all, i'm pretty proud of my team. Now it's time to Audino grind on route 13 to get Scizor to level 50.

Did they seriously take out the special messages you get from Nurse Joy after you upgrade your trainer card? That was the best part of doing all the minigames :'(

I think you have to make it to the next-to-last upgrade (the Gold Card in B2/W2) for her to say anything. That's how I remember it being in Diamond and Black 1.

Would anyone be able to help me evolve my Feebas into a Milotic? I've got the Prism Scale already, I just need to trade it over, let it evolve and then trade it back.

Top Bottom