• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

joelseph

Blocked from everything at work, could someone please give me a quick rundown of all available promotion pokemon? ie. Mystery gift and such?

I have the horse from Gamestop and the Lucario from Target. What else can I get my grubby little mitts on?

Thanks

Love the game, but...has anybody playing on 3DS succeeded in connecting the game with a WPA-TKIP WiFi spot ? I can't make it work and everybody tells me it should because it is a DSi enhanced game...

Blocked from everything at work, could someone please give me a quick rundown of all available promotion pokemon? ie. Mystery gift and such?

I have the horse from Gamestop and the Lucario from Target. What else can I get my grubby little mitts on?

Thanks
You can get Genesect from Wi-Fi Mystery Gift as well, currently.

Buttons

Caved in and ordered White 2 and went back to my Diamond and SoulSilver to breed some of the Pokemon I wanted to use, once I had hatched the eggs and wanted to migrate them to my White to prepare them, I noticed that Poke Transfer does not work between different language games... :(
SoulSilver and Diamond are German, White and White 2 are English. =_= Was really looking forward to starting the game with a nice Snorunt/Froslass and a nice Jolteon. Oh well, at least I can get the Psyduck and Jolteon that I wanted in White 2 anyway.

I don't think I needed to do anything special for white 2 for my 3DS...

I already had my WPA2 connection under Internet Settings -> Connection Settings, the game recognizes those just fine.

Gravijah

I don't think I needed to do anything special for white 2 for my 3DS...

I already had my WPA2 connection under Internet Settings -> Connection Settings, the game recognizes those just fine.

the last two times i've used WPA2, one did it just fine, another made me go into advanced settings. i'm not knowledgeable enough on WiFi security to know why.

My 3DS is already set up to connect on my WiFi hotspot with WPA settings, however whenever I try to connect to it with Pokemon B2, it simply says I have to configure my internet access, and I don't see any "advanced" option in my menu :(

My 3DS is already set up to connect on my WiFi hotspot with WPA settings, however whenever I try to connect to it with Pokemon B2, it simply says I have to configure my internet access, and I don't see any "advanced" option in my menu :(
Oh, hold up...

Did you send in your 3DS to be repaired recently?

If you havent, have you set up a DS profile?

I say so because that sounds like something that happened to me.
As a note, I was getting an error earlier when I was trying to connect online, to get my FC. Error code was 20109 - tried resetting several times, nothing.

Then I found out the actual problem, through a random forum post - earlier this year, I sent in my 3DS to be repaired (cracked outer shell), and when it came back, all my settings were as they were, all except for the DS profile settings, which were all blank. To fix that, I changed my birthday and name to something else, and back again, so that my original profile info would be properly set.

Just noting it here, in case others have the same problem.

Roto13

There's a separate set of internet settings for DS games.

Nope

I think I didn't, but I just skimmed through the settings trying to change various things to see if it unlocks something, but to no avail.
Alright, try this:

Go to Profile (first option), under Other Settings.

Note what it says on the top screen (User Name, Birthday).

Then, click Nintendo DS Profile.

Note the name on the top and the birthday.

If the two don't match (the 3DS name/birthday and DS name/birthday), then that's the problem. To fix it:

Go back one screen to the regular Profile screen.

Change your Username by one letter (save it and everything), and then change it back to the original.

Then, do the same for the birthday (change it by one day or something, save it, then change it back).

Now, check the Nintendo DS profile, and the two should match.

After that, and when you verify that your connection is working and everything, try connecting in-game again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
2nd gym. team = staryu, magnemite, Sigilyph, growlithe, spiritomb, riolu.

feels so weird going through the game with a spiritomb lol

clemenx

Banned
Does anyone know the daily trainers you can battle postgame?

Both stadiums are still there, Can I battle My Rival daily again? Is Cynthia around on spring, Black City folk?

My 3DS and DS profile were just the same, I still can't connect to internet ingame, I can just edit the settings in the DS menu and I doesn't accept my hotspot (saying it isn't compatible), I don't have any advanced settings or 4th, 5th or 6th slot.
It won't be under there, since DS Wi-Fi is only compatible with either open networks, or WEP.

The Advanced Settings menu is present on the DSi, for networks that can't be set with regular DS settings. I don't think it exists on the 3DS - DSi enhanced games use the 3DS's internet settings, I believe.

Hmm... If it's that blue-screen message you are getting, then what's the error number associated with it?

It won't be under there, since DS Wi-Fi is only compatible with either open networks, or WEP.

The Advanced Settings menu is present on the DSi, for networks that can't be set with regular DS settings. I don't think it exists on the 3DS - DSi enhanced games use the 3DS's internet settings, I believe.

Hmm... If it's that blue-screen message you are getting, then what's the error number associated with it?
Herp derp I've forgotten the game links with the console so you have to do this first...-_-

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

EDIT : I still can't access CWF settings but I can access the various things that use Internet ingame.

Alrighty, there you go :)

As a note, it learned Aqua Ring on evoution, so there's that.

Yeah, I noticed it was right on the cusp of not being able to learn that without wasting a Heart Scale which is why I wanted to evolve it before doing any levelling. Anyway thank you very much, it means I can finally replace my Swanna.

Firestorm

btw the first Pokemon World Tournament event went live yesterday. You can download it using the computer terminal to the left of the PWT lady. Teams of the Top 4 Junior Division players from the Pokemon World Championships.

Omzz

I was having a pretty meh birthday, but then this cheered me up :)

LgRul.jpg

RagnarokX

How can you check IVs in b2/w2?

I traded it over to White 1 and asked the stats judge at Gear Station. He said it was above average and its special attack couldn't be better. I assume he's at the same place in B2W2, but I just started the game and he doesn't show up until after you defeat the E4.

backlot

I traded it over to White 1 and asked the stats judge at Gear Station. He said it was above average and its special attack couldn't be better. I assume he's at the same place in B2W2, but I just started the game and he doesn't show up until after you defeat the E4.

Yup, he's in the same place after the Elite Four. The EV checker changed though. Now you can just Bianca to check. She'll even tell you which stats have the most EV's. It's pretty cool.

clemenx

Banned
I'm trying this Magnemite Coil thing and every one I've tried trading says "Unfortunately it has been traded to another trainer" :(

I guess I'll just deposit them.

Korosenai

I'm trying this Magnemite Coil thing and every one I've tried trading says "Unfortunately it has been traded to another trainer" :(

I guess I'll just deposit them.

I was just doing this 20 minutes ago lol.

I got 12 people, left, then came back and I was getting the same messages.

Everyone had already traded and my magnemite I put up for trade was still there for 5 minutes. I think the GTS was messing up.

Red

I am getting an error here trying to calculate my Lucario. Says the entered speed is too high for its level.

Wait EVs need to be entered manually? How am I supposed to exactly know those?

I'm not understanding the serebii calculator.

Lucario Lv.56 does not compute!
Speed (137) should be 105 to 123.
The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate.

Tried automating EPs but it still doesn't work.

Same thing at the other link...

Top Bottom