• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Korosenai

Just beat the elite four for a second time on challenge mode. Feels good man.

Now to finish black tower. Currently on area 9. I really want that shiny gible (gible is the only pseudo-legendary I dont have in my 5th gen games).

Is the Pokémon World Tournament out to get me or something? Anything that can go wrong goes wrong. All the time. Confused? Always hits self. Immobilized by love? Always fails to attack. Decide not to bring a water type with me? Fire, Ground and Rock gym leaders turn up. Manage to debuff buffed up Pokémon? They land critical hits.

ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!

*cries in corner*

At least there's no streak to keep going. Right?

ffdgh

At least there's no streak to keep going. Right?

....that was so annoying in battle subway since it was the only way to actually earn anything without being haked at the same time.

choice specs latios owns everything in the PWT with draco meteor. I almost feel bad for abusing it XD

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man Memory Link takes forever :/

Also I got Genesect but I haven't gotten him in the game yet. Is he a low level?

Is the Pokémon World Tournament out to get me or something? Anything that can go wrong goes wrong. All the time. Confused? Always hits self. Immobilized by love? Always fails to attack. Decide not to bring a water type with me? Fire, Ground and Rock gym leaders turn up. Manage to debuff buffed up Pokémon? They land critical hits.

ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!

*cries in corner*
I've actually had more luck than the AI in the PWT so far. Only bad thing to happen to me is Meteor Miss missing twice in a row. I guess it helps that Mix-Mence is crushing most things; really need to get that Life Orb back though. So many things surviving with a sliver of health with activated pinch berries. :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I see a lot of comments about the English localization featuring a lot of stilted, unnatural dialogue that reads as if it were directly translated from Japanese with little editing.

How is the localization for the other languages? Anyone playing the French, German, Italian, or Spanish versions who is able to comment?

According to Smogon RNG breeding is so complicated in BW2 it may never be figured out. Or at least that was the last I heard. It's pretty simple in BW1 though (compared to gen 4 at least).
That's a bummer if they never figure it out since I'm not dropping 30-35 bucks on a game just to RNG breed. At least the normal way of breeding is apparently easier than before.

black 2 has a city

white 2 stopped construction to prevent lost of history

woo route 4 differences.

Holy crap I had no idea that changed between versions. When I went through route 4 I kind of thought it was weird that the construction crews didn't accomplish anything in 2 years.

So does Black 2 have any enter-able building or is it just scenery?

RagnarokX

It only exists if you can go there.

You can go there... Desert resort? And there is desert on either side of the street. Besides, if you have White 2, there is no street. Construction crews discovered an ancient city buried under the sand and instead you have an archeological dig in the desert.

So a couple pages ago I was told i can get my Lucario taught Ice Punch at the PWT. I'm exploring the area now and I can't find where I can learn it. Anybody want to help me out?

upandaway

You can go there... Desert resort? And there is desert on either side of the street. Besides, if you have White 2, there is no street. Construction crews discovered an ancient city buried under the sand and instead you have an archeological dig in the desert.
That's pretty crazy. I just entered the street so I don't know anything yet.

Those version changes are serious business.

There are some vendors to the left of the PWT building...one of them is the Move Tutor.

I have three options, one is the hidden power guy, another is the move deleter, and then the guy who helps my pokemon remember moves. I went to the third guy and Ice Punch isn't there. Am I missing something?

backlot

I have three options, one is the hidden power guy, another is the move deleter, and then the guy who helps my pokemon remember moves. I went to the third guy and Ice Punch isn't there. Am I missing something?

The Ice Punch move tutor is actually in Driftveil City. Look for an old man on the ground floor of the building to the west of the Pokemon Center.

Boogiepop

God damn, Poketransfer is so much better than having to manually trade stuff over. Just dealt with some trading from White and some Poketransfer from the older games to buff my dex (up to ~350!), and my god do I wish you could just Poketransfer stuff from White.

Oh, and neat little tidbit that I never saw before: diglett slides along the ground instead of jumping when doing the Poketransfer!

Korosenai

Could someone link me to a good post game guide?

Right now i'm currently going back through each route, fighting trainers and getting items I missed on my first time through.

I'd just like to make sure I don't miss any good stuff.

Trey

The older Pokemon games are terrible. I just can't deal. Way too slow and ugly. B/W2 best pokemon game, confirmed.

The older Pokemon games are terrible. I just can't deal. Way too slow and ugly. B/W2 best pokemon game, confirmed.

It's particularly egregious when you try to go back to an older game.

Playing HG/SS after B/W is...weird. No animated sprites/trainers, the game is slower, the UI is more clunky.

Don't get me started on the previous generation.

Eh, depends. I still find plenty of people who still enjoy the older games. Only older game I find hard to go back to is LF/FR...just something about them...seem to lack the character of the first gen.

Platinum only gets real slow after you try to save after you access the PC. Might as well just go make a sandwich or something. You can always just turn off the battle animations to speed stuff up.

Eh, depends. I still find plenty of people who still enjoy the older games. Only older game I find hard to go back to is LF/FR...just something about them...seem to lack the character of the first gen.

Good for them, I can't. And it's a shame, as I want to capture as much pokémon as possible and thus have to renounce to an easy access the Johto/Kanto pokédex :(

Magnus

Just bit. B/W2 time! I still have all the previous games from Platinum onward (Plat, HG, SS, B and W) --- I wonder if I can avoid playing those too too much now, given that a large number of pre Unova Pokemon are available via BW2? I am into the post-game of all of them though, haha, so I can go in and snipe the legendaries or other Pokemon unique to those carts and eventually dump them onto my BW2 cart.

As others have mentioned, Gen V's just a better, faster, cleaner UI/experience. So much better.

Playing HG/SS after B/W is...weird. No animated sprites/trainers, the game is slower, the UI is more clunky.

I don't know, I really like HeartGold's use of the bottom screen. Being able to get to my pokemon list with only one touch vs like 2-3 in black 2.

I never really use my C-Gear in Black 2. I'm not sure what hte point of it is, to be honest. I'd rather just have access to the X-menu at all times rather than the C-Gear stuff.

Chopper

Except for that elusive Deoxys :(

I don't even know how to see it and add it in my pokedex in Black 2 (Unless I find someone online using it).
Does "seeing" it online add it to your dex? It certainly didn't in the older games. Anyway, if the worst comes to the worst, I can trade you a Deoxys for the data required to hunt for it on the GTS. I'd need it back though...!

Trey

Platinum only gets real slow after you try to save after you access the PC. Might as well just go make a sandwich or something. You can always just turn off the battle animations to speed stuff up.

I went back to play Fire Red because I was in the mood for some OG Pokemon. I gave Oak his Parcel from the Viridian city Pkmn Mart and just cut it off. You don't get the running shoes until after you beat Brock. The Pokemon battles without animations seem to take as long as they do with animations on. The text is slow even when it's set to fast. Static sprites lose so much charm when you come from a game in which all the Pokemon are animated. I was soundly bothered by everything compared to B2. I don't even want to imagine the actual gen 1 presentation.

The only thing I like in FR was the 60fps. The smoothness was pretty great. Looks like gen 1 is going to stay firmly in nostalgia-land.

For all the flak everyone seems to give the older games after playing Gen V...Soul Silver and Heart Gold let your lead Pokemon follow you. That's a great feature. And the sprites from the first gen had a lot of charm because of just how crazy they looked.

ffdgh

For all the flak everyone seems to give the older games after playing Gen V...Soul Silver and Heart Gold let your lead Pokemon follow you. That's a great feature. And the sprites from the first gen had a lot of charm because of just how crazy they looked.

You will walk mienfoo and gosh darn like it. Just be sure not to take it outside.

Top Bottom