• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Hmm are you anywhere near chargestone cave or already been there? Theres a girl that will unlock the find mysterious ores funfest mission for you when you talk to her in there.

I have been there already and did get that mission.....but I have no clue how to use them. lol

ffdgh

I have been there already and did get that mission.....but I have no clue how to use them. lol

on the bottom screen tap wireless and tap entralink. Walk up to the tree, accept a funfest mission, and scroll down until you see "find mysterious ores" and begin it.

clemenx

Banned
Hey guys, I'm playing through Black 2 right now.

I'm trying to go up against the 7th gym leader, the dragon guy. Are there any good ice type pokemon I might have access to? And any good places to train said pokemon up?

And can you go fishing in this game? I have yet to find a fishing rod.

I don't think there's Ice Pokemon yet, but the tutor at the PWT can teach Ice Punch to some of your Pokemon.

I beat him with sheer brute force :/ and Flygon's dragon tail.

I got a rod during the postgame, but dunno if you can find one earlier.

Red

I'm trying to go up against the 7th gym leader, the dragon guy. Are there any good ice type pokemon I might have access to? And any good places to train said pokemon up?

Lucario + ice punch.

You can change your DS clock to get winter and catch a cubchoo i guess. There might be a seal available on one of the water routes.

I don't think there's Ice Pokemon yet, but the tutor at the PWT can teach Ice Punch to some of your Pokemon.

I beat him with sheer brute force :/ and Flygon's dragon tail.

I got a rod during the postgame, but dunno if you can find one earlier.

Lucario + ice punch.

You can change your DS clock to get winter and catch a cubchoo i guess. There might be a seal available on one of the water routes.

Ah thanks guys. I do have a Lucario, I'll get it Ice Punch.

Thank you.

And you said I could change my ds clock, so I assume that means that the seasons in game actually depend on real time clock? Is that right? There are so many features in this game i know pretty much nothing about. C gear, dream world, all the little quests I get from random people. I have no idea what's going on but the game is very fun.

Red

Ah thanks guys. I do have a Lucario, I'll get it Ice Punch.

Thank you.

And you said I could change my ds clock, so I assume that means that the seasons in game actually depend on real time clock? Is that right? There are so many features in this game i know pretty much nothing about. C gear, dream world, all the little quests I get from random people. I have no idea what's going on but the game is very fun.
Seasons change every three months iirc

on the bottom screen tap wireless and tap entralink. Walk up to the tree, accept a funfest mission, and scroll down until you see "find mysterious ores" and begin it.
thanks. got two thunderstones already. Need fire and water stones though but it shouldn't take long hopefully.

I cannot get enough of Black 2. It's such a fantastic game. However, one criticism I have is that its REALLY easy to catch legendaries compared to past games.

clemenx

Banned
I cannot get enough of Black 2. It's such a fantastic game. However, one criticism I have is that its REALLY easy to catch legendaries compared to past games.

What do you mean? I just spent like 50 dusk balls on Cobalion >.<

I don't find them easier or harder... I think luck has stayed about the same.

I haven't tried to catch any yet, but they do seem to throw themselves at you.
Virizion almost did literally throw itself at me.

backlot

Does anybody know if the Genies' new Incarnate forms can be used on Wifi in the Global Battle Union? I remember in Platinum you couldn't use Rotom's new forms online and I haven't seen the Genies in any of the battles I've done so I was just wondering.

I think besides Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram the legends still have a low catch rate. Cobalion took so many ultra balls, dusk balls, and timer balls. Only to finally be caught by a net ball lol.

Edit: Virizion was also caught by a net ball. Really wished Terrakion would have also went into the net ball but alas he wouldn't be caught by a mere net ball like his comrades.

Red

Cobalion - quick ball
Virizion - nest ball
Terrakion - timer ball

It's the only way.

I have this weird thing where I need to catch Pokemon in balls that match their colors.

Cobalion - quick ball
Virizion - nest ball
Terrakion - timer ball

It's the only way.

I have this weird thing where I need to catch Pokemon in balls that match their colors.

I have this thing where I need to have them all in regular Pokeballs. It usually leads to me just breeding to get my teams and I've never trained up any of my shinies because of this. I need to just get over it though, haha.

If they brought back the Pokeball sticker/seal system they had in Gen 4 I'd totally do matching Pokeballs and style them up and everything.

ffdgh

....theres a dream world hack program that does all the searching. 13 pages of pokemon found usually and all the items too in less than 5 minutes
KuGsj.gif

I would teach a water poke ice beam.

One thing I love about the game and I had not felt since R/B (and...well...B/W) is the exploration and how it rewards you for it. I just decided to take a side trip on route 6 and got to the ruins where I caught a Pyrax :D
I love catching legendaries just for this.

Cobalion - quick ball
Virizion - nest ball
Terrakion - timer ball

It's the only way.

I do the same to any Pokemon that is going to be in my team. Glaceon in a Dive Ball, Lilligant in a Nest Ball, Ninetales in a Premier Ball etc.

It's the reason I regretfully had to drop Sableye from my team, because I'll never get one through that stupid Dream World and breeding would just leave it in a Pokeball rather than a Dusk Ball.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay I got White 2!

I take it there is no way to transfer my mons in White 1 though?

Also are there any wifi events?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I forgot, but I don't need to do anything special do get a Nintendo connection huh?

And trading eh? Hmm... have to find my trade-friend.

I went to PWT for easy BP. I stayed for the triple battles.

I couldn't get into triple battles in Black1 because they didn't facilitate it well in-game. Now my view of pokemon battles have been invigorated.

I'm gonna start raising some new pokes solely for triple battles now.

If someone has a pokérus infected pokémon they're willing to give, I'll gladly take one :D
Try doing the Magnemite coil (google it). It's pretty easy to get a pokerus infected Magnemite if you keep doing it.

If not, I've probably got a spare poke with pokerus that i can trade but you'll have to wait till tomorrow to trade with me cos I'm at my in laws and they have terrible Internet

Is the Pokémon World Tournament out to get me or something? Anything that can go wrong goes wrong. All the time. Confused? Always hits self. Immobilized by love? Always fails to attack. Decide not to bring a water type with me? Fire, Ground and Rock gym leaders turn up. Manage to debuff buffed up Pokémon? They land critical hits.

ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!

*cries in corner*

spiritfox

Welcome to Battle anything. IIRC they confirmed that the RNG is skewed more against the player in these types of facilities, to make it a harder challenge.

upandaway

Guys there's no desert. The desert is gone. It no longer exists, physically or spiritually.

Let that sink in for a second. Last time we saw a region a couple years later, it SHRUNK. Unova, you crazy.

Izayoi

Banned
I just realized I'm going to have to capture ~700 junkers on White 2 to transfer everything from White 1...

:||||||||||||

Top Bottom