• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

I find it odd that the dragon statues in the Opelucid City gym are Japanese style while Reshiram and Zekrom are much closer to European style dragons.

Chopper

playing HG/SS again makes me realize what a piece of shit CGear is.

Free that up for room for useful shit, please!
I don't even understand what it's for. Why should I have it online all the time? I trade with my DSi amd my copy of White 1, but I use the room in the pokecenters. I noticed that if both my DSes are "online" they appear on each other's C-Gear, but so what? Does it exclusively have something to do with surveys? (Whatever the fuck they're for)

The best use of the bottom screen was in Diamond etc, where you could flick through the various tools.

I love Pokemon games, but can't help but feel as though they're filled with useless shit that is far more complicated than it needs to be. Why the fuck would I want to make musicals or movies? And why are there so many different types of battle? Like, what's a battle box?

CGear passive thing exists for that avenue thing, but seriously who the fuck in the world right now have pokemon in their ds strolling around?

It's hard enough finding streetpass folks.

Seriously, I do kinda wish they get some western input on 3ds pokemon connectability, interfaces, etc. (hopefully streetpass will get rid of cgear).

Why does it take me 10 min to get a fucking halloween skin onto my ds?

Had to register an account on a website, send a pokemon to the internet and back and shit.

RagnarokX

I don't even understand what it's for. Why should I have it online all the time? I trade with my DSi amd my copy of White 1, but I use the room in the pokecenters. I noticed that if both my DSes are "online" they appear on each other's C-Gear, but so what? Does it exclusively have something to do with surveys? (Whatever the fuck they're for)

The best use of the bottom screen was in Diamond etc, where you could flick through the various tools.

I love Pokemon games, but can't help but feel as though they're filled with useless shit that is far more complicated than it needs to be. Why the fuck would I want to make musicals or movies? And why are there so many different types of battle? Like, what's a battle box?

It probably makes sense in that magical land of Japan where you can't leave your house without getting a streetpass. It's impractical for the US.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, lvl 15. He still feels a bit overpowered to use alongside.

Ahh yikes, I'll avoid using him then for now.

So I take it that I have to do wireless to get a key? Can't I just use the key I "have" (i.e. the key found from White 2)?

Ahh yikes, I'll avoid using him then for now.

So I take it that I have to do wireless to get a key? Can't I just use the key I "have" (i.e. the key found from White 2)?

Which key? You can use the keys you unlock in White 2. The keys from Black 2 are for different things.

And keys are traded with the infrared connection, not wireless.

gzHj2.png

Wait a minute, did I just see a Potter Puppet Pals reference? o_O Plasma grunt in Opelucid City: "Bother, bother, bother."

I'm pretty sure that's actually a Winnie the Pooh reference if anything (one of his commonly repeated mannerisms was saying "Oh, bother, bother, bother; think, think, think," while tapping his head.)

Boss Doggie

Ahh so I can use keys in my own game without having the need to "get" them from another White 2 then. Still, kinda wish I can get them earlier, or at least the difficulty key.

Ahh so I can use keys in my own game without having the need to "get" them from another White 2 then. Still, kinda wish I can get them earlier, or at least the difficulty key.

All of the keys can be unlocked from the beginning if you have someone who can transfer them to you. The problem is you have to find someone who can transfer it to you in-person, not online.

Also, the harder difficulty key can only be unlocked in Black 2. You have to trade for that key to get it in White 2. :(

Boogiepop

After a days worth of dicking around I now have about 479 pokemon caught in my dex. Also filled in the Unova dex's seen list (still need to catch like 15 more to fill the thing), so yay I unlocked the Nature Preserve!

Of course, since I imported so many pokemon I've ruined the concept of "hey, look at these new pokemon you couldn't catch elsewhere!" as I already have them all. Of course there's the shiny Haxorus, but I feel like I gotta wait till I have time to soft rest for a good one, so I just have to leave it sitting there for now. And they couldn't even be bothered to give the place a habitat list!

upandaway

Is it just me or do some trainers get a bold ! instead of a normal ! ? Did that always happen?

Also, are there just enough shops to fill the avenue or are there repeat ones? Like if you can have an avenue full of raffles and get a masterball every day (only for example I totally don't plan on doing that cough).

ffdgh

Is it just me or do some trainers get a bold ! instead of a normal ! ? Did that always happen?

Also, are there just enough shops to fill the avenue or are there repeat ones? Like if you can have an avenue full of raffles and get a masterball every day (only for example I totally don't plan on doing that cough).

8 spaces 8 shops. The nusery is post game tho and requires your avenue level to be 15.

Lord Phol

Quick question, does this game feel faster/more fluid than Diamond/Pearl?
Thinking about buying a ds just for this game (gave away the one I had) and this could be the deciding factor.
Diamond was great but the battles could feel a bit slow/tedious at times.

Thinking about buying a ds just for this game (gave away the one I had) and this could be the deciding factor.
Yes.

Greatly so, in fact (using those two games you gave). You'd be in for a treat if you were loking for smoothness going from DP to BW.

Neo Child

Banned

YES SO MUCH FASTER

Red

i always have the Dowsing Machine on, anyway. no need for anything else down there.
Dowsing machine should be built-in to the c-gear. You should be able to toggle through that and similar apps. Registering items is great, and that could stay, but wouldn't it be nice to have a full shortcut list for your bag right on that bottom screen? Getting to what you want should be as easy and quick as possible. And i miss the happiness app from D/P. I'm imagining more like that... Maybe a post-game IV/EV readout, or a page that tells you how many steps till your eggs hatch.

JulianImp

playing HG/SS again makes me realize what a piece of shit CGear is.

Free that up for room for useful shit, please!

I still don't get why they went back to filling up the bottom screen with <insert current generation's poké-gear> after coming up with the awesome menu system HG/SS use.

I've never taken my DS with me on my daily life, since it seems like nobody else owns one in Argentina, same as with older Nintendo portables... I only ever met one guy I could trade and mystery gift with around the Game Boy Color (second gen) era. Therefore, my White 1's C-Gear is hardly ever on unless I'm using the Dream World (which takes years to syncronize every time I use it).

Hopefully, I'll be getting my copy of Black 2 in about three weeks, but I guess I'll end up missing the Genesect event. I hate how I lost access to the two Mystery Gift Pokéwalker courses simply because I reset my HeartGold for a second playthough, with no way to get them back. At least newer events appear to be related to event pokémon, so I could always transfer them back from my Diamond, where I sent them before resetting HG.

By the way, what's up with the male PC's design? They've been getting progressively worse over the years!

Boss Doggie

HOLY SHIT! dat early game diversity

I can get Riolu, Azurill, Mareep, Sewaddle, and a Psyduck even before the first badge?!

All of the keys can be unlocked from the beginning if you have someone who can transfer them to you. The problem is you have to find someone who can transfer it to you in-person, not online.

Also, the harder difficulty key can only be unlocked in Black 2. You have to trade for that key to get it in White 2. :(

:C

upandaway

ARE YOU READY~ really caught me by surprise :lol what the hell. That's amazing! I now have my favorite gym. And it is the best gym.

HOLY SHIT! dat early game diversity

I can get Riolu, Azurill, Mareep, Sewaddle, and a Psyduck even before the first badge?!
It's insane, but with my luck I've already used all of them aside from Sewaddle and Riolu.. and the same goes for all the routes I've been in so far... I'm still with only 2 Pokemon after the 4th badge.

Admittedly I haven't yet looked into the low% encounters so there may be some I could use in my team among them.

Top Bottom