• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Is there anything in the game (like Pokeblocks or Poffins) that requires a large multiples of certain berries? Aside from EV reducing berries, I'm wondering if there are any others I should be amassing from the Florist.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
HOLY SHIT! dat early game diversity

I can get Riolu, Azurill, Mareep, Sewaddle, and a Psyduck even before the first badge?!

they allow you to roll a deep team early on. i do love that about b/w 2. the join avenue stuff is kicking my ass though. what does the nursery do?

By the way, what's up with the male PC's design? They've been getting progressively worse over the years!

What ? No.

pokemon-black-white-screens-20100514085851979.jpg
Is cool. Comfortable apparel, cool bag and cool cap.

What the fuck ? A legging with a pair of shorts ? A tennis cap to show us your stupid haircut ? Hilariously oversized bag ? He looks stupid, stupid, stupid.

B2 is the first Pokémon game where I chose a female MC, because she looks way better and not as stupid as her male counterpart.

Red was awesome though. I don't like Gold's design in the remakes, Brendan was stupid looking but May was cool. I'm indifferent about Lucas. I tend to like the female MC's designs more :

JulianImp

What ? No.

Is cool. Comfortable apparel, cool bag and cool cap.

What the fuck ? A legging with a pair of shorts ? A tennis cap to show us your stupid haircut ? Hilariously oversized bag ? He looks stupid, stupid, stupid.

B2 is the first Pokémon game where I chose a female MC, because she looks way better and not as stupid as her male counterpart.

Red was awesome though. I don't like Gold's design in the remakes, Brendan was stupid looking but May was cool. I'm indifferent about Lucas. I tend to like the female MC's designs more :

Red could be considered a bit generic, but was good enough back then.
Gold had more of an attitude (that he carried over to his PokeSpecial persona).
Brendan was sort of strange (I thought that white thing was his hair rather than just a hat until I read Pokémon Special)
Lucas was okay, I guess
BW1 looks okay, but is too similar to Red, IMO (I had somehow forgotten about him)
Finally, BW2 looks downright awful

Boogiepop

Gah! I never got Dialga off of Platinum! Bleh, now I have to go back and do all the convoluted crap to get it! And I already ripped my starter pokemon and whatnot out of the game, so I'm left with just a team of misfits! Ughhhhh.

Boogiepop

Guh. Why is the ONE legendary I need (Dialga, from platinum) hidden behind the bs requirement of seeing every pokemon in the regional dex in order to unlock the national dex? The dumb thing is in the regional dex! Bah, W2 gives me a new region with a shiny pokemon in it for doing the same thing, here it's just a block on catching legendaries.

I'm assuming there's no way to see a Dialga in W2 so I can just get it off the GTS?

Edit: Oh goddamnit! I apparently could've gotten one out of SS easily if I hadn't transferred my Arceus forward! Goddammit!

MicH

Virizion caught in the first Quuck Ball I threw! Wish it was the same for Cobalion, but noooo he had to be so god damn difficult to catch!

XeroSauce

Can anyone suggest a team filler?

I
just defeated Volcarona and I
am about to reach the Chargestone Cave.

I have:
Level 33. Dewott (my starter)
Level 34. Lucario (really diverse)
Level 34. Magnaton (gonna turn into Magnazone soon)
Level 34. Excadrill (not sure if want)

I want to use/just caught:
Lv. 30 Axew (using for sure)
Lv. 14 Mild Eevee > Espeon
Lv. 15 Genesect
Lv. 30 Aron

My issue is that I need someone who can Fly for me, and Genesect can cover that. I want Axew for sure but I'm not sure if I want to replace anyone in my party for both Espeon and Genesect.
Is it worth training Eevee/Genesect to use? Is Genesect a good option for Fly or should I just have a flier in my box and take in/out (I don't really want to do this..).

I have a severe Fire and Fighting weakness in my team, but I have Dewott/Excadrill for Fire and I need something for Fighting, but there haven't been any decent fliers so far in the game. Genesect would also do well for the Elite Four.

What are your suggestions?

entremet

Since Black 1 was the first Pokemon game I played since the GBC Silver/Gold games, I didn't know GF would have continued with the random legendary BS. I hated catching the dogs.

Wichu

Since Black 1 was the first Pokemon game I played since the GBC Silver/Gold games, I didn't know GF would have continued with the random legendary BS. I hated catching the dogs.

BW2 don't have roamers. They were annoying to catch in past games (and I'm expecting them to return in gen 6) :(

Only annoying legendary was
Latios/Latias
because you got no warning when they attacked. If you walked out on that ledge...BAM, fight.

Only annoying legendary was
Latios/Latias
because you got no warning when they attacked. If you walked out on that ledge...BAM, fight.

Somebody in IRC told me I had to walk to the edge to get it to come, I had no idea it was gonna jump me like that, his next comment was a warning to me!

Red

I can help people soon. I'm doing a living dex so I can just breed anything you need. I might have extras right now if you need something specific.

Oh gosh

I will probably take you up on that offer once I get all my stuff transferred from White.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ugh, it feels like I'll never get my Black 1 Dojo.

Everything else though is level 8-10

White, Black 2, White 2 Dojo
Museum (Gonna trade this for a White Dojo)
Nursery
Black 2/White 2 Cafe
Black 2 Salon

Gravijah

Ugh, it feels like I'll never get my Black 1 Dojo.

Everything else though is level 8-10

White, Black 2, White 2 Dojo
Museum (Gonna trade this for a White Dojo)
Nursery
Black 2/White 2 Cafe
Black 2 Salon

the sad thing is i'm never going to use things like Dojo, Cafe, etc but i like having them in my Avenue. i'm gonna set up my White 2 Join Avenue to be half Museum, half lottery.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I get White 2 its going to be all four markets and all florists

I like how you'd need three versions of B2 or W2 to get all the shops, but I've had both the raffle store and the museum (which I got up to 10!) and I wasn't impressed. You can get away with one salon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the only thing i got out of my musem at level 10 were hard stones so I got rid of him >_>.

I got a ton of fossils and various shards, but I've got a guy who gives fossils every day and Dream Radar for extra shards.

It's one of the worst deals. I'd say Dojo/Markets/Cafes/Nurseries are tied for the best. Florists are only a slight step below that.

ffdgh

I have 4 dojos and one of each version, nusery, white cafe, black 2 florist, and a white 1 mart. The rest were just taking up space.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I could see going down to one cafe to get a good market in there and skipping salon. I like having something to take away evs in a big hurry though.

Boogiepop

Up to 553! Only a little bit left and I'll have a full dex (except for Meloetta I guess, which will hopefully come before too long). Took forever to get that damn Dialga, but I did it. Also, it looks like I never transferred up a few random lines that are unobtainable in W2 (Torkoal, Poochyena, Whismur), so my options are either transfer up through palpark and then poketransfer, or try GTS. Looks like I'm trying GTS for now, heh.

TheOGB

Banned
God, I'd been playing this for hours earlier today and I've never been so annoyed playing Pokemon. I was trying to train some mons for Elesa (my whole team hovers around level 24, and I want em up to 28) and it felt like a gigantic waste of time.

Granted, at least an hour of it was, because I sure as sugar don't need a Sandile, a Drillbur, an Onix, a Sandslash AND a Boldore to take her out xP

But my point is, grinding seems so much more tedious this time around, and FAR less tolerable. It just feels like I was more okay with grinding in B1. That, and I'm pretty sure my team had fewer GAPING HOLES IN ITS DEFENSE. Still there, but less.

Current team:
Mama Mole (Drillbur) ♀ Lv.21
Vector (Sandile) ♂ Lv.24
Brocanine (Growlithe) ♂ Lv.24
Maggy (Magby) ♀ Lv.24
Scrappy (Lucario) ♂ Lv.25
Smuglord (Servine) ♂ Lv.24

Any tips or shit? I've found a Fire Stone recently, should I evolve Growlithe or wait? Am I worried over nothing? I feel like beating Elesa doesn't take this much effort. :V

God, I'd been playing this for hours earlier today and I've never been so annoyed playing Pokemon. I was trying to train some mons for Elesa (my whole team hovers around level 24, and I want em up to 28) and it felt like a gigantic waste of time.

Granted, at least an hour of it was, because I sure as sugar don't need a Sandile, a Drillbur, an Onix, a Sandslash AND a Boldore to take her out xP

But my point is, grinding seems so much more tedious this time around, and FAR less tolerable. It just feels like I was more okay with grinding in B1. That, and I'm pretty sure my team had fewer GAPING HOLES IN ITS DEFENSE. Still there, but less.

I agree with the bolded. In HeartGold I never really had a problem with grinding my team up. Now, I basically feel like I'm wasting time until I manage to run into a trainer that I somehow missed on my last time through the area.

And I used my Firestone on my growlithe around level 30 or so. Just personal decision.

As for my lineup so far, I'm around the 8th gym or so.

Virizion 47
Samurott 48
Cobalion 46
Axew 35
Eelektross 42
Mandibuzz 28

And to everyone else: I need a better flying type. I hate having to carry around the less-than-useless Mandibuzz so I can fly to places. When I evolve Axew, can that thing fly? And I'd like to drop my Cobalion and Virizion, walking around with those two just seems wrong. Might replace them with Krookodile and Arcanine, I think.

backlot

Is there anything in the game (like Pokeblocks or Poffins) that requires a large multiples of certain berries? Aside from EV reducing berries, I'm wondering if there are any others I should be amassing from the Florist.

Nah, there doesn't seem to be anything like that in this game. According to the descriptions of some of the berries there are "maniacs" who will pay a lot of money for certain berries. That's about it.

But if anybody's shop sells Chopple berries I'd be willing to trade something for one.

Boogiepop

Well, Palpark isn't as bad as I remembered, so it looks like I'm all set to take out the rest of the things I need to get for a full dex.

Red

I can't seem to find any of N's Pokemon in the desert resort. Caught scraggy my first time through, and now I'm just trying to clean up side quests before the E4, but nothing is showing up. Been looking for an hour.

Nah, there doesn't seem to be anything like that in this game. According to the descriptions of some of the berries there are "maniacs" who will pay a lot of money for certain berries. That's about it.
Alright, cool. Guess the EV reducing berries are all I need to amass. And even then, salons can do some EV reduction too.

Right now I have 3 Florists in my Join Avenue (B/B2/W2). Going to max out each one and stockpile a bunch of berries from them before ditching them for the 4th Florist and two more Dojos. Once I have a bunch of berries from the 4th florist, I'll ditch him/her for a Nursery.

Top Bottom