• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Wtf, just caught Terrakion pretty weirdly. Got it down to about 1/4 health and didn't want to keep injuring it case I knocked him out, so I started throwing balls. Something like 15 ultras, 10 greats, a premier, timer, some other ball I can't remember, then on the first Dive ball it works.

That's pretty cool I guess.

Ugh. Just lost to the Black Tower Area 9 boss because I didn't realize that stupid Hydreigon thing was part Dark. I Psychic'd instead of Flying with Drifblim and I shouldn't have switched in Drifblim in the first place. :(

LMAO, I just lucked out in my second attempt. I chose the second floor randomly and the first guy who spots me turns out to be the gate trainer. Unless re-tries are purposely made easier in this fashion?

TheOGB

Banned
No way to sort items in the Free Space, really GameFreak?
Seriously, it's pretty useful other than this.

So, I just went to film Invaders: Terror from the Sky at PokéStar Studios, and on the first turn the Roggenrola Rock Blasted me to Hell and filming was done. I released it just to see what would happen.

The film made $-32.4 billion. What.

EDIT: Best part about PokéFilm industry: remakes/reboots released 10 minutes after the original :V

Firestorm

For anyone who has unlocked the world champions in the PWT, how much bp do you get for winning?

I know you get 6 or 7 bp in the world leaders section, just wondering about the world champions.
Do you mean the downloadable event or something else? The downloadable event only gives 2 BP :(

I should get to finishing this game so I can spend more time with stuff like PWT.

ohlawd

Last gym was a joke, coil serperior is broken .-.

Too bad Serperior has crap for its physical moveset outside of move tutors.

Ingame, I ran a Coil Serperior with Leaf Blade/Dragon Tail/Return. Wasn't very fun since even at +2, it still won't OHKO with neutral damage :/

Anth0ny

You know, this game has about 100x more boring, forced dialogue than any other mainline Pokemon game.

this game kinda sucks

You know, this game has about 100x more boring, forced dialogue than any other mainline Pokemon game.

this game kinda sucks

2309444-theres_the_door_now_get_the______out.jpg

Anth0ny

It's a shame because there's some really good stuff in here too. I just beat the flying gym and it was AWESOME.

But god damn. It seems like every time I enter a new route or town, someone pops up to deliver 5 minutes of unskippable, boring dialogue. It's always something. Either my rival. Or the evil team. Or a gym leader. Or BIANCA OH GOD I HATE HER. Closer to the beginning of the game, it's TUTORIALS. Damn near unbearable without 8-4 or Giantbombcast in the background.

Man I'm still on the second gym and I got this game on release. I couldn't be any slower :p

Is there a way to avoid so much grinding? I just want to chug through the gym battles by using brains rather than muscle (?), but I fear that will bite me in the ass when all the trainers later in the game are levelled way too high for me to beat.

Atrarock

this game kinda sucks
Didn't really encounter stuff like this, then again I read kind of fast and want to know what's going on since I tend to miss things =|

What's up with the cheaters/hackers on GTS? All of them want legendaries under level 9? I mean, c'mon.
Trolling, showing off, being jerks, etc. Really hoped Gamefreak would be aware of this by now but...

It's a shame because there's some really good stuff in here too. I just beat the flying gym and it was AWESOME.

But god damn. It seems like every time I enter a new route or town, someone pops up to deliver 5 minutes of unskippable, boring dialogue. It's always something. Either my rival. Or the evil team. Or a gym leader. Or BIANCA OH GOD I HATE HER. Closer to the beginning of the game, it's TUTORIALS. Damn near unbearable without 8-4 or Giantbombcast in the background.

Yea, but otherwise there'd be no story progression.

Articalys

I'm getting the feeling that the Rental PWT is going to require bullshit amounts of luck to win.

edit: Well, never mind, that was faster than I thought. Never going to deal with that again.
Not until I unlock Rental Master, at least.

RagnarokX

Options -> set text speed to fast.

StarWolf

Banned
Rate my team please.

Charmeleon, lvl 30 Bashful. Scary face, Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Fire Fang
Wartortle, lvl 29 Relaxed. Bite, Water Gun, Rock Tomb, Water Pulse.
Genesect, lvl 30 Adamant. Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, Slash, Signal Beam
Flaaffy, lvl 25 Sassy. Strength, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock
Braviary, lvl 28 Relaxed. Fly, Slash, Scary Face, Aerial Ace.
Gigalith, lvl 27 Bold. Bulldoze, Rock Smash, Smack Down, Power Gem.

Finally polished off the Pokemon League tonight.

Kevin the Samurott
Luke the Ario
Noiribbon the Gothitelle
Amphurious the Amazingly Bad Nickname
Petulia the In-Game Trade
and Blanky the Utility Spot

Achieved victory in the 57-62 Lv. range around the 34-35-ish hour mark. Prolly gonna take some time away to run through Alice in Wonderland or Aliens Infestation before I dig in to the post-game stuff/PWT.

Regarding the rival, I felt duty bound to simply append Jas to the end of his default name.

smr00

Banned
Anyone playing this on the 3DS XL? Debating on either getting a DSIXL or 3DSXL this week and wondering how this looks on the 3DSXL

People still don't do that? That's the first thing I do in every game.

Heh, but don't do that for Pokestar. The text autoscrolls too dang fast in there.

Still, Gen V Medium speed text is faster than Gen IV Medium speed - it was agonizing in the latter.

(The text speed settings were increased from the original Japanese versions for all Generation V games so that it maintains the same visual speed of text appearing.)

ffdgh

its fun seeing N's text reach scroll by almost instantly when he talks.

Milotic is an annoying defensive pokemon so yup. Scald and recover till your hearts content.

In black 2? Just wait for rippling water on route 1 and you will get either a feebas or a milotic.

The habitat dex says its caught while fishing. So I have to hope a whirl pool shows up near shore? It's like one of the last pokemon I need to catch. I may just have to breed it from White 1 like the rest of the pokemon I need.

Could someone please explain to me how EV training works?

There's apparently a maximum amount one can recieve, a max per stat and "Something" UPs that give 10 EVs per consumption.

I just don't understand how it all works myself.

ohlawd

The only problem is EVs can't be reset. I sure wish that was possible.

naw you can lower EVs.

The EV reducing berries:
Pomeg (HP)
Kelpsy (Atk)
Qualot (Def)
Hondew (SpAtk)
Grepa (SpDef)
Tamato (Speed)

reduce your EVs to 100 if it's over 100 and by 10 if it's less than 10.

For example, if my Mewtwo has 252 SpAtk EVs, giving it a Hondew Berry will reduce its SpAtk down to 100. If I have a Skarmory with 70 Def EVs, giving it a Qualot Berry will reduce its Def EV to 60.

Then there are the Salon shops in Join Avenue. lvl 1 services will reduce a particular EV by 50, lvl 2 by 100 and lvl 3 services will get rid of all EVs in a particular stat.

Yeah, that guide was written for BW. You can get the EV reducing berries without going into the DW and playing countlese hours of minigames since the florists in Join Avenue will sell them. You might have to coil a bit to rank up your shops but it should still be faster than growing berries in the DW.

Top Bottom