• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

backlot

Are you breeding those pokemon from scratch or those are the ones you captured in your journey? Because some of the natures seems a bit off...togekiss should be modest or timid, and whimsicott timid or jolly.

Bold doesn't seem like the best nature for Jellicent either if you're just gonna be investing in special defense. I'd suggest that if you're putting the effort into EV training anything you should at least make sure the Pokemon has a good nature first. It isn't too difficult and it is totally worth it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bold doesn't seem like the best nature for Jellicent either if you're just gonna be investing in special defense. I'd suggest that if you're putting the effort into EV training anything you should at least make sure the Pokemon has a good nature first. It isn't too difficult and it is totally worth it.

Bold is a pretty viable nature on Jellicent, letting it take a physical hit while burning the opponent. Definitely not a problem having that nature, whereas something like a Gentle Whimsicott is not desirable at all.

edit: Just looking at the EV spread. If you do run Bold nature, you generally want to make it worth it by applying a lot of Defense EVs. You'll end up with almost even defenses then, and a ton of HP.

I think more in doubles terms, so I enjoy running Quiet / Modest Jellicent a lot more to help it hit a ton harder, but like I said Bold is okay.

backlot

Bold is a pretty viable nature on Jellicent, letting it take a physical hit while burning the opponent. Definitely not a problem having that nature, whereas something like a Gentle Whimsicott is not desirable at all.

Bold is definitely good for Jellicent but not with a 252 HP/252 Special Defense EV set. If he isn't investing any EV's in defense he might as well just go Calm.

upandaway

Just had a massive brain fart when I evolved Growlithe before Crunch. But oh well, Lucario has Dark Pulse anyway, I guess.

Besides, I already have too many SE sweepers. Arcanine can just go mixed fire + agility and brute force stuff. No damage done! Okay! Okay. I'm calm now. It's okay.

@GayForMaster - that team is amazing :lol

Boogiepop

Well, I finally did it. Completed my pokedex and got my shiny charm! Of course now I realize that it's kind of a weird reward for completing the pokedex, since that means I'm probably not going to get a lot of use out of it now. But oh well, it's nice to have.

All I need now is to soft reset for a decent Keldeo/Genosect so I can fill those in, and then for Meloetta to get released. Any idea what I should be aiming for with Genosect?

Also, is there any decent site out there for analyzing doubles sets? Smogon kind of has a section for this, but it's clearly not their focus.

upandaway

Okay so, I can't go into the join avenue without giggling uncontrollably.

Giving me two whole words was a mistake. It is too strong a power, I cannot control it.

njean777

Does anybody by any chance have a spare Mewtwo that they do not want? I really dont have anything good for trade other then the pokemon from White 2. I didnt know that you couldnt breed them :(.

Chopper

It triples your chances of finding a wild shiny Pokémon.

It also increases the chance of hatching a shiny Pokémon with the Masuda method to 1/1024.
Ooh. I want that.

Will items like the Macho Brace trade over from White 1? All this EV talk has me itching to get back into it. I only really worked out what it was all about last year. Definitely need to brush up...

quabba

Well found out I suck at PWT... Even with IV bred and EV trained pokemon I lost a bunch but eventually I beat the gym leader tournaments to unlock the second wave of tournaments and got enough BP for the U-turn TM for my scizor.

Also wth at PWT rng, since I don't have many items to equip I threw a quick claw on my ferrothorn and it was letting me act first a lot, maybe 50% of my turns. Also the opponents sleep inducing moves seemed to have 100% accuracy.

Articalys

So, if you're playing as Nate, the Autumn ferris wheel trainer is
a pregnant office lady. And she's apparently the same person as the trainer that Hilbert meets in the fall in B/W1, same name and everything. Guess she found someone in those two years, huh?
Didn't expect that.

beje

Banned
OK, I feel stupid. I've reached Twist Mountain but an Elite 4 is preventing me to go in. I've tried all the rest of closed routes, and re-explored places with Surf/Cut/Strength but I don't have a clue about how to continue... halp?

OK, I feel stupid. I've reached Twist Mountain but an Elite 4 is preventing me to go in. I've tried all the rest of closed routes, and re-explored places with Surf/Cut/Strength but I don't have a clue about how to continue... halp?
Talk to Skyla after you have found Professor Juniper.

TheOGB

Banned
a pregnant office lady. And she's apparently the same person as the trainer that Hilbert meets in the fall in B/W1, same name and everything. Guess she found someone in those two years, huh?
Didn't expect that.
Hoooooly shit, really?

That's the only ferris wheel trainer I remember from B1W1 :V

Didn't expect that.

That or Hilbert knocked her up on the Ferris Wheel and screw timelapses.

...why do you think Hilbert disappeared?

ffdgh

Just leveled up 5 Join Avenue shops with one visitor. Started with 200 points and it chained all the way to 550. Feels good man.

just wait...they'll eventually say next time.

Sadly my join avenue will be useless this weekend since nintendo for some reason doesn't have a daylight savings button in the 3ds settings. -_-

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the gts is running stupid today. I want to fill out my join avenue. And all I see are a bunch of space holders.

upandaway

Does the avenue rank ever go down or is it safe forever once you get enough points?

Just making sure it's not another White Forest situation

Gravijah

Does the avenue rank ever go down or is it safe forever once you get enough points?

Just making sure it's not another White Forest situation

it's fine. Join Avenue (outside of WFC people not coming to your Avenue, which i still don't understand) is the best implementation of such a feature yet. you can get people through Dream World, through GTS, through local, etc. and you aren't penalized at all.

edit: and of course, you get "free" people each day.

Top Bottom