• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

upandaway

The most surreal thing just happened to me. Yes I'm talking about Cobalion.

So I go up Route 13, and suddenly there's that jerk.. just, like, chilling out in the middle of chaos and armageddon, for all to see. Pre-E4, main route, smack down in the middle of the path, complete with this silly little cut-gate, with an open entrance in plain view, that brilliantly summarizes how ridiculous Cobalion is looking right now.

I gather my composure with the belief that he's just gonna run away again, so I approach him. Battle starts. At this point I'm freaking out pretty bad.

So I decide to just go on a suicide run to check him out and then catch him.. flamethrower does slightly above 50% damage, no status. First Ultra-ball thrown. Please use your imagination as to how my face looked during ball nudges.

This game, man. I don't even know.

It's funny. I caught Virizion in my second ball, Cobalion in the fifth, and Terrakion took 45 balls before he stayed down.

Is the Critical Capture mechanic in this game? I caught Thundurus with it in White, but I haven't seen it here yet.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I picked up B2 last night, brought my 3DS to work to charge it for the weekend (still no power) and got my genesect. Pretty cool guy.

Bold is definitely good for Jellicent but not with a 252 HP/252 Special Defense EV set. If he isn't investing any EV's in defense he might as well just go Calm.

Oh boy... well, I got him to level 78 but I guess I could try getting another one. I want confuse ray anyway so I guess that's an excuse to find a calm natured woman frillish.

As for Togekiss... he has Nature's plot. Bold is alright isn't it? Although I kinda wish it was a sp.def increase and not def. My whimsicott has Gentle (I dunno why) but Cotton guard can make up for that.

His EV spread is 252 sp.def 252 hp and 6 speed... maybe I should spread some into def?

EDIT:

Just forget I asked... I'm not an elitist lol. I'm gonna stick with what I have. I'm sure I can get somewhat far in PvP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, so even while linking your BW game via game sync, your game sync ID will still be different for this game?

upandaway

Oh boy... well, I got him to level 78 but I guess I could try getting another one. I want confuse ray anyway so I guess that's an excuse to find a calm natured woman frillish.
You mean, because he won't get any EVs when he's at level 100? Because he still will. The stats will be recalculated.

(I think... someone back me up?)

You mean, because he won't get any EVs when he's at level 100? Because he still will. The stats will be recalculated.

(I think... someone back me up?)

No it's just because of his nature. That's all. But I've decided though to say forget it and just keep his "Bold" nature.

I can maybe redeem that shitty nature by doing good EV training but even so I can't have 6 perfect pokemon. I'm already extremely glad with my Togekiss, he's an insane power house if he can get 1 or 2 nasty plots. And this is without the proper ev training which I plan to do when he hits 100.

upandaway

I caught Virizion in my second ball
ARGH YOU BEAT ME it took 4 dusk balls

legendary pokemon are flocking to me like mosquitos, they get caught without even trying, what is going onnnnn

i seriously just saw it jump down like it's mimicking alder or something i don't know, didn't even save (I DIDN'T. EVEN. SAVE), went up to it and caught it. what

Wichu

Wait, so even while linking your BW game via game sync, your game sync ID will still be different for this game?

Each game has a separate Dream World account, unfortunately (even if they're tied to the same Trainer Club account). On the plus side, you get twice the time in the DW/twice the spots for berries etc.

ffdgh

...even with my false swipe/spore smeargle, Terrakion, latios, and mespit refused to be caught with 30+ balls. Mespit fainted my smeargle and I said screw it and threw one of my masterballs.

RagnarokX

The most surreal thing just happened to me. Yes I'm talking about Cobalion.

So I go up Route 13, and suddenly there's that jerk.. just, like, chilling out in the middle of chaos and armageddon, for all to see. Pre-E4, main route, smack down in the middle of the path, complete with this silly little cut-gate, with an open entrance in plain view, that brilliantly summarizes how ridiculous Cobalion is looking right now.

I gather my composure with the belief that he's just gonna run away again, so I approach him. Battle starts. At this point I'm freaking out pretty bad.

So I decide to just go on a suicide run to check him out and then catch him.. flamethrower does slightly above 50% damage, no status. First Ultra-ball thrown. Please use your imagination as to how my face looked during ball nudges.

This game, man. I don't even know.

My battle with it went like this: Lucario used force palm. Cobalion's HP drops down to a red sliver and it becomes paralyzed. Next turn I throw a regular pokeball. Caught.

TheOGB

Banned
Entralink missions are a lot more fun this time around. And I can do them myself. (something something forever alone)

jman2050

Also this game's version of the
Sinnoh Gym theme
is a whole lot better than the original.
A bit amusing given the original was on the same system as all.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
got you, baby. I finally got you, Viridion. You will be sent against the strongest and feel great pain. You've got to suffer, you bloody piece of green rotten arse

Boss Doggie

If she has a miscarriage, it's your fault.

Hahahah, that missed attack hit her!

You know, what's creepy about it is that it felt like you were the father of the baby during the ride.

Each game has a separate Dream World account, unfortunately (even if they're tied to the same Trainer Club account). On the plus side, you get twice the time in the DW/twice the spots for berries etc.

Oh well.

I really don't want to do dream world.

Red

The Ferris wheel is a really weird sexually overt place. It was like that in b/w too.

What happens on the wheel stays on the wheel

Am I crazy, or does the pregnant woman on the Ferris wheel have the same name as one of the challengers in the first games?

Checked Bulbapedia, and she is. OH MY GOD HILBERT, WHAT DID YOU DO?

ffdgh

Maybe it takes humans longer to have kids? I mean 2 pokemon can make one in less than 10 seconds give or take if they get along well.

TheOGB

Banned
Nothing is impossible in a world with free healthcare, $300 sodas, 3 minute movie shoots and "hot Skitty on Wailord action."

Boss Doggie

Maybe the pokemon doesn't drink it. You just spray it all over your mon.

Speaking of which what happens to the litter after using pots and sodas.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trying to theorycraft a really good team for Elite Four / Iris. What do you guys think? I'm playing Black 2.

Hydreigon
Metagross
Cobalion
Virizion
Haxorus

For the last spot I'm thinking Zoroark, Magnezone, Darmanitan, or Mandibuzz....

I always figured pokebucks were closer to cents than dollars.

It's probably based on the Yen more than anything.

Qurupeke

He definitely hits like a truck. Is his speed and power enough that Iris's rock slides won't be a problem?

Hmm... I am not so sure about Iris, but it can easily 1HKO most of the E4's Pokemon. In the Iris battle, I used Zoroark and it defeated Druddigon, Archeops and Lapras. I had Darmanitan in White, and along with Scrafty, it was E4's nightmare.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hmm... I am not so sure about Iris, but it can easily 1HKO most of the E4's Pokemon. In the Iris battle, I used Zoroark and it defeated Druddigon, Archeops and Lapras. I had Darmanitan in White, and along with Scrafty, it was E4's nightmare.

Yeah having Darmanitan as a backup for the E4 might be a good idea. I was hoping that there was a Pokemon who could counter at least 3 of Iris's pokemon by itself but there really isn't. The obvious initial thought is an Ice-type, but she's got too much fire and rock to make an Ice-type viable I think.

Wichu

Yeah having Darmanitan as a backup for the E4 might be a good idea. I was hoping that there was a Pokemon who could counter at least 3 of Iris's pokemon by itself but there really isn't. The obvious initial thought is an Ice-type, but she's got too much fire and rock to make an Ice-type viable I think.

A Water-type with Ice Beam sounds right up your alley ;)

Metallix87

Starmie. Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam, and a fourth move, all on a super fast Pokemon with great special attack.

Top Bottom