• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suddenly I want to train Stunfisk. Apparently he is an epic troll.

I've been telling you Stunfisk is the God of Pokémon for ages in the Smash thread. Did you think I was trolling.

I tried that Dream World stuff for the first yesterday. (well I played some Eevee minigame and never bothered to collect my prize). It's weird. Well looking up the wiki makes me realise I missed out on a lot in White. Guess I should try to pay more attention to it with White 2.

Finalow

so I'm in the post-game and there are only pokemons + strong trainers right. I mean no more "story" or something like that. just that,
the short N thing and the fight with team plasma on the ship.
not much but better for me since I have no time, still when I'll fix the net I'll be up for some games online. my teams are ready.

Finalow

It's not just the levels, though; the AI is significantly improved.
The N Weather battles are the most difficult in the series in Challenge Mode.
how does that work?
after you catch the legendary you can go back there to fight him?
It will be easy anyway since the teams i'm using are level 100 and I don't think I can bring them to 80 or something.

Ondore

Ugh, reset my DS and 3DS clocks last night (DST) and now my time events don't work. It's still "leave the game on from 11:59 to 12:01 to correct", right?

What do I do with all these Pokeymanz I got from Dream Radar? I've got too many Riolus, Munnas, Swablus and Drifloons crowding up my boxes.

What can I trade them for?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How do I download the new challenger tourneys and that C-Gear skin?

Also, a friend taught me a good way of transferring pokemons between BW/BW2 with one DS. Put a common mon up for trade (e.g. a Rattata) and request the Pokemon you want to transfer for it as a request (i.e. it would look like trading my lv15 Rattata for a lv100 Zekrom). Plug your other game, search for that trade, and go for it.

How do I download the new challenger tourneys and that C-Gear skin?
For the challenger tourneys, you'd have to have access to the Pokemon World Tournament at Driftveil City. There's a PC you can access to download the tourneys.

As for the Gear skins, you have to sync your game to the Dreamworld.

Also, a friend taught me a good way of transferring pokemons between BW/BW2 with one DS. Put a common mon up for trade (e.g. a Rattata) and request the Pokemon you want to transfer for it as a request (i.e. it would look like trading my lv15 Rattata for a lv100 Zekrom). Plug your other game, search for that trade, and go for it.
So THAT'S why the GTS is so full of stupid requests!!!

Managed to beat the Elite Four and champion almost single-handedly with my level 80 Emboar, and many potions and revives of course. Time for post-game content.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Managed to beat the Elite Four and champion almost single-handedly with my level 80 Emboar, and many potions and revives of course. Time for post-game content.

That is such a wrong way to play the game, yuck. You have to build an even and balanced team throughout the game if you want to be a true pokemon master.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Is it just me or did Colress
feel like a total waste of a character? Dunno, he just felt so inconsequential to the overall plot, and seemingly just existed to hand the player the Colress Machine which was used to progress ONCE and then broke. :/

Dunno, I was just disappointed with how useless he was since I somehow expected him to be more important and he seemed to have more potential than that. But alas, this is Pokémon, what am I doing complaining about characterization?
(Don't know whether this counts as a spoiler, but I'll mark it just in case)

That is such a wrong way to play the game, yuck. You have to build an even and balanced team throughout the game if you want to be a true pokemon master.
Blame Game Freak for making it so complicated to use the hard mode. :\ Also breeding is post-game only, so there is less of an incentive to really start building a good team.

Speaking of the Hidden Grottos, I actually haven't found any. >_> They are quite hidden.

On another note, I find it rather hard to take
Iris
seriously as Champion.
She looks like a little girl pretending to be a princess.

MicH

I also always get Mulch or Pokéballs from the Hidden Grottoes :(

Also, I just went back to Route 20 after beating the Elite 4 and man is it beautiful in the fall! AND you can now get those items that you saw when you went through there in the summer! I thought I had to wait until winter! Very nice.

There is a 1% chance of finding an Imposter Ditto in the Giant Chasm's Hidden Grotto. Not many people are going to be willing to trade it away. :(

AND THERE'S A 1% CHANCE OF FINDING POKERUS! lol jk.

Can't you also get him in the dream world easily? I know I can just do it myself but I'd have done it already if I had a WEP connection.

Argh I need to beat the 5th Gym before getting access to PWT and the Move Relearner.

Is it just me or is the game kind of linear so far? After 4 Gyms I would've expected it to open up a bit.

I guess I got pretty lucky then when I found a Skill Link Minccino in the Grotto that Bianca introduced me to. I didn't even know it was special (I was like "I have one already") but caught it anyway.

Red

Totally glossed the grotto mechanic. How do I find other grottos?
You'll see them. They all look the same as the first one. My question is, how do you get things to respawn in them? I thought it was take 254 steps outside, but that doesn't work.

Slermy

I don't think so. Hidden grotto Pokemon come bundled with their hidden abilities.

Hmmm, well that's good I guess. I won't have to keep checking abilities.

Will it work to save in front of the Giant Chasm grotto before entering and soft-resetting until I find him? Or is it calculated before that?

upandaway

Argh I need to beat the 5th Gym before getting access to PWT and the Move Relearner.

Is it just me or is the game kind of linear so far? After 4 Gyms I would've expected it to open up a bit.
The game changer I think here is that there aren't really too many trainer-infested areas outside of routes. Bellsprout Tower, S.S. Anne, etc. It's straight to the gyms this time (aside from the sewers,
the gravetower and what happens after the 8th gym
). Not sure what's up with that, but it makes the gyms go in a blur. It makes everything seem super straightforward.

i caught both latios and regirock with a pokeball after about 5 attempts (counting both)

it took me about 30+ ultraballs to catch ONE eevee

wtf...

6th badge down, have some questions.

When breeding Pokémon, can I get a shiny from an egg? And if so, do one of the parents need to be one?

The easiest way to obtain old school Pokémon and legendaries? I'm trying to get a hold of a Squirtle and Mew/Celebi.

Dream World, do you earn points for badges? 10,000 points to unlock some of the Pokémon seems a bit much considering you can only get 300-500 points a day.

Dream Radar: Is there a trick to getting other pokemon? I've cleared the therian form modes a few times, but all I get are Bronzor, Porygon and a many other repeats. I've yet to encounter a single Ralts.

alvmew

When breeding Pokémon, can I get a shiny from an egg?

Yes.

And if so, do one of the parents need to be one?

Nope. Shiny pokemon can be born to shiny parents and not shiny parents. The shininess of the parents doesn't help boost chances either.

The easiest way to obtain old school Pokémon and legendaries? I'm trying to get a hold of a Squirtle and Mew/Celebi.

You can't catch any of those in the wild, and iirc, dream world either. You'll need to trade with others. (I might be able to help out.)

Dream World, do you earn points for badges? 10,000 points to unlock some of the Pokémon seems a bit much considering you can only get 300-500 points a day.

IIRC, no, you just get points for using it, winning mini games, watering friends' berries, and making new dream pals (or whatever the term is).

Dream Radar: Is there a trick to getting other pokemon? I've cleared the therian form modes a few times, but all I get are Bronzor, Porygon and a many other repeats. I've yet to encounter a single Ralts.

Yes - different pokemon are available depending on which color of orbs you earned the most of in your last playthrough. So if you earn more pink orbs, you'll run into different stuff if say, you earn more green orbs in your last run.

Top Bottom