• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kinda think they got the order of Drayden and Marlon wrong. The game would flow much better if Drayden was the final leader; his team's harder, and we wouldn't have the daft situation of Unova freezing and Marlon just not giving a shit, as well as taking away the necessity of having to traverse the Plasma Frigate twice in quick succession with very little in between.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woah. I found one of
N's Pokémon
in the desert. Is there something special for finding them?

backlot

thanks! Too bad I haven't a mac :/

anyway, finally beat the champion, goddammit I wasn't expecting that focus sash at all.

The newest version of RNG reporter has a tab for Hidden Grotto in time finder. I just used that guide to figure out what the variables were that I needed to enter. I don't have a Mac either.

Yes.

Nope. Shiny pokemon can be born to shiny parents and not shiny parents. The shininess of the parents doesn't help boost chances either.

You can't catch any of those in the wild, and iirc, dream world either. You'll need to trade with others. (I might be able to help out.)

IIRC, no, you just get points for using it, winning mini games, watering friends' berries, and making new dream pals (or whatever the term is).

Yes - different pokemon are available depending on which color of orbs you earned the most of in your last playthrough. So if you earn more pink orbs, you'll run into different stuff if say, you earn more green orbs in your last run.

Thank you for answering. I tried getting the opposite colour in dream radar, but still ended up with porygon and Igglybuff. I think my colourblindness may be contributing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Leveling up via rare candy is a no-no right?

Also it's really awkward for a water gym to be the last one lol It's hard to swallow "Ace Trainers" there.

Boss Doggie

You won't get EV bonuses for that level, everything evens out by 100.

Ahh interesting.

Also I was kinda hoping Eelektrik would be fast. I made him learn Coil first before turning him into Elektross. He's pretty durable, all things considered, and is immune from Ground. But dat speed.

Any suggestions for it's moveset? I decided to keep Crunch, Thunder Wave/Coil and Thunderbolt. Is Aqua Tail a good investment?

Ahh interesting.

Also I was kinda hoping Eelektrik would be fast. I made him learn Coil first before turning him into Elektross. He's pretty durable, all things considered, and is immune from Ground. But dat speed.

Any suggestions for it's moveset? I decided to keep Bite, Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt. Is Aqua Tail a good investment?

My favourite Eelektross moveset is Acid Spray, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Dragon Claw.

upandaway

In the Victory Road and still only 4 Pokemon.. My four are solid as hell and they've been dealing with everything thrown at them, though. And I don't even have any water or ice attacks anywhere.

I'll try and search for the final 2 before going into the league! But no matter what, I'm never surrendering to eggs or the Dream World.

balddemon

Banned
i was reading about PWT and the Studios on serebii to see what you get for becoming a movie star and what tournaments there are...i think i know what i'm doing for the next few hours lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I tend to pick my moveset that counters my weakness and same type, though I guess with Levitate I have nothing to worry about.

You can always toss on Grass Knot (or Giga Drain via tutor taking advantage of your nice bulk) if you're fearful of Ground types, or you can just use U-Turn to switch out of them. Dragon Claw is mostly useless except against the Dragon gym, since it offers no coverage.

He has such a massive move pool for an Electric type and he looks awesome. One of my favourite Pokemon from this generation.

When your Join Avenue gets a week long promotion for ranking up all your shops to 10, the Raffle Shop gives you two chances to win a day. Too bad I don't have a high level one anymore.

ohlawd

Eff me all I want is the multi train trophy for my house :(

At battle 42 on the battle subway multi train, Hydro Pump missed and the enemy getting a crit sealed my fate.

Boss Doggie

Florist is the best shop next to cafe for Join Avenue. No more dream world for getting berries!

You can always toss on Grass Knot (or Giga Drain via tutor taking advantage of your nice bulk) if you're fearful of Ground types, or you can just use U-Turn to switch out of them. Dragon Claw is mostly useless except against the Dragon gym, since it offers no coverage.

He has such a massive move pool for an Electric type and he looks awesome. One of my favourite Pokemon from this generation.

Yeah, bulky pure Electrics are rare. Eelektross is one of my favorites.

Dragon Claw is good for Dragon types since they resist your attack and they tend to be bulky too, so I guess chewing them down with DC is nice.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Eff me all I want is the multi train trophy for my house :(

At battle 42 on the battle subway multi train, Hydro Pump missed and the enemy getting a crit sealed my fate.

I'll never use less than 100% accurate moves on the Subway. It will always destroy you at the worst possible moment. Any moveset that has to rely on Stone Edge / Hydro Pump / Fire Blast is automatically out for me.

Florist is the best shop next to cafe for Join Avenue. No more dream world for getting berries!

Yeah, bulky pure Electrics are rare. Eelektross is one of my favorites.

Dragon Claw is good for Dragon types since they resist your attack and they tend to be bulky too, so I guess chewing them down with DC is nice.

Considering the rarity of Dragons though, and the fact that an unSTAB Dragon Claw won't be OHKOing any of them, it's really not worth it. You'd be better off running HP Ice to hit some of the common 4x weak Dragons with it. Unless you have a massive weaknesses to Dragons, there's no real need. If you really wanted to run a Dragon move, Dragon Tail might be worth considering even more. Its negative priority won't matter to very slow Elek, and it can be used for phazing.

ohlawd

I'll never use less than 100% accurate moves on the Subway. It will always destroy you at the worst possible moment. Any moveset that has to rely on Stone Edge / Hydro Pump / Fire Blast is automatically out for me.

Rotom-W has to have Hydro Pump though :(

I'm just gonna keep trying lol.

Boss Doggie

Considering the rarity of Dragons though, and the fact that an unSTAB Dragon Claw won't be OHKOing any of them, it's really not worth it. You'd be better off running HP Ice to hit some of the common 4x weak Dragons with it. Unless you have a massive weaknesses to Dragons, there's no real need. If you really wanted to run a Dragon move, Dragon Tail might be worth considering even more. Its negative priority won't matter to very slow Elek, and it can be used for phazing.

True.

Hmm... Eelektross can't learn any Ice moves. Damn. I guess Samurott's Ice Beam will have to do.

Hey somebody explain to me how (non-hidden) abilities work. There's no way to give my level 70 Liligant from B1 Own Tempo, right? She had to be born/caught with Chlorophyl as Petlil and then evolve? Or DO you give them abilities somehow?

Frost_Ace

Hey somebody explain to me how (non-hidden) abilities work. There's no way to give my level 70 Liligant from B1 Own Tempo, right? She had to be born/caught with Chlorophyl as Petlil and then evolve? Or DO you give them abilities somehow?

They are set when you catch the pokemon, you can't change them :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was hoping for an Ability Tutor this generation.. or at least the ability to swap Abilities between those that are available. Alas, maybe next gen.

Slermy

I was hoping for an Ability Tutor this generation.. or at least the ability to swap Abilities between those that are available. Alas, maybe next gen.

That would make me quite happy. I have a Scyther that I've carried through from Pokémon XD with great stats and would love to give him an ability better than "Swarm".

Wichu

That would make me quite happy. I have a Scyther that I've carried through from Pokémon XD with great stats and would love to give him an ability better than "Swarm".

Pokémon from Pokémon Colosseum/XD have a 50% chance of their ability changing if you evolve them on a 4th gen (and presumably also 5th gen) due to how their abilities were assigned differently. Good luck.

Slermy

Pokémon from Pokémon Colosseum/XD have a 50% chance of their ability changing if you evolve them on a 4th gen (and presumably also 5th gen) due to how their abilities were assigned differently. Good luck.

Wow, really? Crazy. Thanks for the tip.

Articalys

Can anyone trade a Buneary? It's the only thing I need to complete my White 2 Unovadex seen count; I'll worry about the caught side of things later.

Fewr

I finished White 2 a couple of weeks ago. My final team was:
Lucario
Buizel
Drifblim
Shuckle
Musharna
Serperior

I just started Black2, and need recommendations/opinion about my new team, my only rule is to use pokémon I have never finished the game with before. My prospects are the following:
Togekiss
Rotom
Zorua (evolved)
Cyndaquil (evolved, can't remember names)

Then I must choose among:
Tropius (I LOOOOVE its banana beard)
Meditite
Horsea
Cubone

I'm open to suggestions, thanks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm pumped for this sequel but Gamefreak should really REALLY retire the oldest generation of Pokémon. I'm reallytired of them and their printer voices. It's been 16 years and nobody wants to see another goddamn Zubat, Geodude and Psyduck anymore. I was under impression that Black/White would be a revolution for series and completely abandon old pokémon and go on with brand new pokémon. Okay, If they really want to put old pokémon in the game, they should just put gens 3 and 4. I can't take seeing another drzzzrzzst Zubat anymore.

The planet should be destroyed by a meteor and the next Pokemon should take place 2000 years in the future with entirely new Pokemon. I want this to happen, but it will never happen.

Fewr

Well, I finished White and never saw any Psyducks, Zubats nor Geodudes.... until after the main story was finished.

I just finished White 2 and I do remember Psyducks early in the game, but I dont' remember seeing Zubats nor Geodudes.

Boss Doggie

Well, I finished White and never saw any Psyducks, Zubats nor Geodudes.... until after the main story was finished.

I just finished White 2 and I do remember Psyducks early in the game, but I dont' remember seeing Zubats nor Geodudes.

There are geodudes?!

I think I'm about to buy this game, but before I do can anyone tell me about the wild encounter rate in Black 2? Being attacked every two steps in Black 1 really ruined the game for me, and after a while I just couldn't stand to play it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Zubats show up in the Castelia Sewers.
There are no Geodudes.

ohlawd

Well GF did decide to have only 5th gen Pokes appear during the story.

I think I'm about to buy this game, but before I do can anyone tell me about the wild encounter rate in Black 2? Being attacked every two steps in Black 1 really ruined the game for me, and after a while I just couldn't stand to play it.

Muuuuuuuch better. I don't have concrete numbers but this game has my stamp of approval when it comes to encounter rates.

Boss Doggie

The game has a much better encounter rate.

You can pretty much go to the phenomena (dust clouds, rustling grass, etc.) very easily.

Gravijah, pick yo damn berries.

I started using the Dream World "hack" program. I'm never going back. Now if only someone could make a program that made picking, watering, and planting berries less tedious.

Boss Doggie

What's this dream world hack program?

Also I didn't know Keldeo is uncatchable/event only. What a bummer.

jman2050

Gravijah, pick yo damn berries.

I started using the Dream World "hack" program. I'm never going back. Now if only someone could make a program that made picking, watering, and planting berries less tedious.

You just taught me that this program exists today.

I am very grateful to you now.

Sagitario

I got a Dream Radar issue:

Last week I got Ho-oh from a HeartGold cartridge.
Today I caught Lugia, did the 3DS link and transfered it to a PC box.
When checking the boxes (I only got 8), Ho-oh was nowhere to be found.

I checked the Dream Radar app and there wasn't anything left to transfer.

I honestly don't remember if I did the Ho-oh transfer to White 2 or not last week (I hadn't played W2 since that day), but there isn't any Ho-oh. If I insert the HG game and open the radar app, the Rainbow Extension doesn't activate/appear anymore.

Is it possible that Ho-oh got replaced by Lugia? Is there any way to reactivate the Rainbow extension or am I out of luck (and legendary Pokémon)?

Top Bottom