• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

What time does the eshop usually update? Pokedex 3d pro is supposed to be out today but it's still not available for download. I've got Nintendo bucks to burn here...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So apparently you only truly need 1 HM slave, and that's for surfing and flying.

Yes, that's mostly what you need. You can get away with pulling out the Strength / Waterfall / etc HM Pokemon only when you seldom require them. And it's nice that Surf is a great move in battle.

Sagitario

I got a Dream Radar issue:

Last week I got Ho-oh from a HeartGold cartridge.
Today I caught Lugia, did the 3DS link and transfered it to a PC box.
When checking the boxes (I only got 8), Ho-oh was nowhere to be found.

I checked the Dream Radar app and there wasn't anything left to transfer.

I honestly don't remember if I did the Ho-oh transfer to White 2 or not last week (I hadn't played W2 since that day), but there isn't any Ho-oh. If I insert the HG game and open the radar app, the Rainbow Extension doesn't activate/appear anymore.

Is it possible that Ho-oh got replaced by Lugia? Is there any way to reactivate the Rainbow extension or am I out of luck (and legendary Pokémon)?

Continuing with this... could anyone share his/her Dream Radar save file? I don't know what happened, but somehow the bird got lost. I need a save file where the legendary monsters from Gen IV haven't been captured yet (or at least Ho-oh).

The app save file directory is this:
SD Card\Nintendo 3DS\{random letters}\{random letters}\title\00040000\000ae100\data\00000001.sav

Any help is appreciated! :]

Jesse-

Just caught all the legendaries. (except the two Regies, damn you keys!).
Now to transfer my poke's to Black 2.
Is there a quick way to do this, or should I capture a whole bunch of useless pokes and trade them one by one?

Continuing with this... could anyone share his/her Dream Radar save file? I don't know what happened, but somehow the bird got lost. I need a save file where the legendary monsters from Gen IV haven't been captured yet (or at least Ho-oh).

The app save file directory is this:
SD Card\Nintendo 3DS\{random letters}\{random letters}\title\00040000\000ae100\data\00000001.sav

Any help is appreciated! :]

Nope, save files are tied to systems, so even if you were to copy things out, you can't put it on another system.

If you DO have a backup, though... Try pasting in the old save from the same system.

Sagitario

Nope, save files are tied to systems, so even if you were to copy things out, you can't put it on another system.

If you DO have a backup, though... Try pasting in the old save from the same system.

I had no idea save files were locked. It's one of the things that annoy me so much in gaming, locked files :\

I do have a backup, but the flag for Ho-oh is already set on that one. I really don't know what happened.

I guess I will have to delete the app, re-download and start it again :\
I think I hate collecting orbs now.

upandaway

Still can't find more Pokemon for my team. Man, this makes no sense. The regional dex is huge. A lot of routes have significantly less Pokemon than BW. Most routes only added Pokemon like Trubbish or Foongus. Hell, a route that had Swellow in BW now has a Pelipper (what?!) instead. And look at this (route 14 is the same). There are a lot of odd repeats like Solrock/Lunatune.

I see this game is challenging me to take on the league with 4 Pokemon. VERY WELL, GAMEFREAK! I shall see to your challenge and raise it: I'll use no more than 1 different Pokemon for each E4.

Articalys

I see this game is challenging me to take on the league with 4 Pokemon. VERY WELL, GAMEFREAK! I shall see to your challenge and raise it: I'll use no more than 1 different Pokemon for each E4.
Heh... one of the medal achievements is to
beat the E4 with only one Pokemon in your party

upandaway

Hey guys, look at this funny thing that happened to me. I went on an innocent stroll around Unova and by accident stumbled upon the shopping mall, which is by accident the only place that sells X items, and.. I couldn't enter it because of the ice.

W-weird, it seems something got in my eye.. I'm not crying. Really, I'm not crying.

the above lasted for about 15 minutes until i realized there's a hole in the rails that solved everything. those were seriously the worst 15 minutes of my life. i was so scared. i'm still shaking christ

hunnies28

Hi guys! I'm playing this game and I just found out that some of N's Pokémon are catchable, and I just fainted two (maybe three?) of them. Do they appear again or did I just screwed this?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What the fuck.

How hard does it have to be to catch a damn Metang?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
pseudo legendary! PRETTY FUCKING CUNTING HARD

Use a poke ball at full health you never know

This peice of shit has been harder to catch than all the Swords of Justice I caught COMBINED.

Edit: OMG FINALLY. Took like 45 Ultra Balls and 15 Timer Balls.

I'm in the abyssal ruins right now. I can't get the first door to open. Is it still the same from white 1 or is it different now?

Edit: never mind I figured it out.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ducklett ftw

He'll never live up to the original.

idz5RPbwhE2mn.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm that seems easily cheesed with a high level Pokemon. I'm gonna try and go in clean at levels 57-58.

If you get a mix-sweeper with good coverage it should be possible at lower levels. I could see a Gengar/Electrive/Infernape type doing it without much effort. EV it and doing it under leveled should be super easy too.

ohlawd

again... motherfucker... again.

Beat trainer 48. Now I'm on battle 49 on the Doubles Subway Train. Just needed to beat the Train Boss to get my Doubles Trophy. I should have checked out his damn team set up >_>

Rotom-W and Blaziken vs Eelektross and Excadrill

Turn 1
Blaziken uses Protect.
Hydro Pump on Excadrill. Fucking misses.
Excadrill uses Earthquake, everyone is unharmed
Eelektross uses Discharge, ~75% left for Rotom-W

Turn 2
High Jump Kick on Eelektross, ~10% left
Hydro Pump on Excadrill. Fucking misses again.
Excadrill uses Earthquake. KOs Blaziken
Eelektross uses Discharge, ~35% left for Rotom-W. Dies from recoil.

Turn 3
I send out Hydreigon, he sends out Haxorus.
*awful mistake here.... if I let Hydreigon use Protect, this battle would have turned out differently*
Flamethrower on Excadrill. ~10% left for the bastard.
Haxorus uses Dragon Claw on Hydreigon. KOs Hydreigon
Hidden Power Ice on Haxorus. ~30% left
Excadrill uses Poison Jab. KOs Rotom-W. Dies from Life Orb recoil.

Turn 4
I send out Scizor (my last Poke)
He sends out motherfucking Chandelure.
I forfeit.

loooooooooool. I think I'm gonna try once more with this team. I'm a glutton for punishment. (yeah Hydro Pump missing on the most opportune times is why I keep losing but Rotom-W is such a little beast. KOs a crapload of Pokemon it's not even funny.)

I'm gonna run a rain team next if I try and lose again at around battle 40~

balddemon

Banned
loooooooooool. I think I'm gonna try once more with this team. I'm a glutton for punishment. (yeah Hydro Pump missing on the most opportune times is why I keep losing but Rotom-W is such a little beast. KOs a crapload of Pokemon it's not even funny.)

lol that blows man. too bad theres not an accurate, high power, special based, water move.................................................i mean fire blast has flamethrower which is 95 power, thunderbolt is 95 power.....................

use surf bro.
edit: just realized you doin doubles :p but if blaziken has protect, then you're golden.

ohlawd

Rotom-W can't learn Surf or Scald. As a matter of fact, the only Water moves it can learn are Hydro Pump and Rain Dance.

I wish it did learn Surf though or even Scald. Would make my trophy search easier.

trick room 4 lyfe

I just unlocked the Super line for doubles. I hope my team is good enough without the overpowered level 1 Endeavor at my side. I did demolish the PWT in a quick test run so that's a good sign.

So, is this pretty much the same map after the first 2 towns? I'm at the airport town and I've spent most of the game in places I went to in the first game.

Qurupeke

It's really sad that I don't have much time these days... :/ The game is completely awesome, far better than BW and still I haven't played more than 60 hours...

upandaway

Still can't find more Pokemon for my team. Man, this makes no sense. The regional dex is huge. A lot of routes have significantly less Pokemon than BW. Most routes only added Pokemon like Trubbish or Foongus. Hell, a route that had Swellow in BW now has a Pelipper (what?!) instead. And look at this (route 14 is the same). There are a lot of odd repeats like Solrock/Lunatune.

Rules:
1 healing item
1 battle item
NO SAVING IN BETWEEN
No grinding/EV training/TMs or items I can't get yet (by using BW)
Everything else goes

Shauntal (Ghost)
oOzD9.png
Lv. 57 w/ Wide Lens, X Special, Hyper Potion
- Fire Blast
- Sunny Day
- Dig

This was the hardest one easily, because I'm so damn fragile. Shadow Ball lowers my Sp. Def? Gone. Fire Blast misses? Goodbye. I did him first because I knew he would take me a lot of attempts, and he did. Everyone else I beat first try (thank god).
Had to use an X Special (and by consequence, hyper potion) to make up for not having Flare Blitz, but oh well. That+Sunny Day = sweep, then dig the lamp's behindies.

Caitlin (Psychic)
TQD2q.png
Lv. 56 w/ BrightPowder, no battle item, no healing item
- Bug Buzz
- Double Team
- lol

Self explanatory. Musharna doesn't even attack until you're asleep, so you're free to set up as long as you fullheal immediately.
Yet, for your beautiful and mesmerizing information, EVERY SINGLE ATTACK hit me and I still won. It made me re-think my life up until this point. I don't.. I just don't, man.

I don't even know.

Grimsley (Dark)
jCSX7.png
Lv. 58 w/ no item, X Speed, Hyper Potion
- Aura Sphere
- Work Up

Completely free to set up on Liepard. X Speed to be faster than Krookodile since EQ OHKOs me. Standard sweep, no problems here

Marshall (Fighting)
nWzYZ.png
Lv. 57 w/ no item, Guard Spec., Hyper Potion
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Hone Claws

This guy is evil because Throh can lower my speed with Rock Tomb while I'm setting up for Mienshao to revenge kill me, and Mienshao has Bounce which makes Fly useless (since I'll be locked into only being hit). Luckily I looked into his team before fighting him to avoid this. If I died here I would lose my shit.
Solution: Guard Spec before setting up on Throh, and Dragon Claw Mienshao. The rest is a Fly sweep.
Only used the potion because FREAKING SAWK HAS STURDY ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Didn't expect it to take so much effort to plan.. I dug my own grave with those rules. I'll go let loose on the champion, I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
fighting to counter dark

Also I swapped Arcanine for Chandelure.

Is the fossil guy still in Twist Mountain?

Top Bottom