• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

MicH

WTF @ the 'Strange House'. What am I supposed to do with the item I get? Something about a bridge? Also I hate more sandstorm areas :(

Magnezone completely destroyed the entirety of Skyla's gym with nary a scratch on its sublime metal sheen. If it weren't for sturdy causing volt switch to actually switch out on skarmory then i'd never have switched out since I entered.
So basically despite a brief lull in the mid game where Magnemite was feeling a bit weak it's now gone back to being quite the hilarious game breaker.

Where do you get Golett again? I thought it was the celestial tower but apparently not leading me to think it's in fact Dragonspiral tower, since i've just taken a plane to the ass end of nowhere i'm beginning to think this guy will be left a lot later than i'd planned, they should've put him in this ghost house i'm currently trotting through.

MicH

Magnezone completely destroyed the entirety of Skyla's gym with nary a scratch on its sublime metal sheen. If it weren't for sturdy causing volt switch to actually switch out on skarmory then i'd never have switched out since I entered.
So basically despite a brief lull in the mid game where Magnemite was feeling a bit weak it's now gone back to being quite the hilarious game breaker.

Where do you get Golett again? I thought it was the celestial tower but apparently not leading me to think it's in fact Dragonspiral tower, since i've just taken a plane to the ass end of nowhere i'm beginning to think this guy will be left a lot later than i'd planned, they should've put him in this ghost house i'm currently trotting through.
Holy shit, I literally JUST did everything you've just done - including Magnezone owning everything in Skylas gym! (Though I switched Volt Switch to Electro Ball)

Holy shit, I literally JUST did everything you've just done - including Magnezone owning everything in Skylas gym! (Though I switched Volt Switch to Electro Ball)

hah, I was thinking after I saw your post "so i'm not the only one in sandstorm/ghost house area right now".
I figured Electro ball would be kind of lame on Magnezone since it tends to be pretty slow, on that note I don't care how slow I am these Golbats are in no position to pull that "can't escape" tomfoolery, it's like they have a deathwish!

MicH

hah, I was thinking after I saw your post "so i'm not the only one in sandstorm/ghost house area right now".
I figured Electro ball would be kind of lame on Magnezone since it tends to be pretty slow, on that note I don't care how slow I am these Golbats are in no position to pull that "can't escape" tomfoolery, it's like they have a deathwish!
Mine is actually quite speedy (no match for most flying types, though), so I thought I would give it a try - hated the switching with Volt Switch. Hopefully Thunderbolt or Shock Wave will be available soon.

Mine is actually quite speedy (no match for most flying types, though), so I thought I would give it a try - hated the switching with Volt Switch. Hopefully Thunderbolt or Shock Wave will be available soon.

I long for Thunderbolt right now.

Meanwhile i've just had a level 38 Skarmory fight through my repel and the git will not get caught, i've had legends put up less fight than this fiend.

Sounds like a Mandibuzz I know.

The Mandibuzz I found the other day has nothing on this guy, and as I was typing this post I finally caught it, that was really reaching legendary levels of ball wastage.
Funnily enough this Skarmory may well be replacing my Mandibuzz for now, goodbye "Overture", to the box you go but it'll at least have a special place in the "Team" box.

FSLink

Banned
I think I'll just rip my Black save from my cart with my complete National Dex and paste them over to a White 2 with Pokesav or whatever. Screw having to catch 400+ repeats. >_<
Might not be 100% legit but the other method is way too time consuming.

Moving on, got another event in Nacrene City at the museum with
Lenora, Clay, and Burgh

Hmm...
Clay
always has the almighty dollar on his mind.

His
thoughts on bones: "
Even when ya die, ya can make money! Some Fossils are worth a lot, ya know!
"

In any case, it was an interesting event.

[book]
Lily-Livered Lillipup's Quest
:3

ffdgh

Moving on, got another event in Nacrene City at the museum with
Lenora, Clay, and Burgh

Hmm...
Clay
always has the almighty dollar on his mind.

His
thoughts on bones: "
Even when ya die, ya can make money! Some Fossils are worth a lot, ya know!
"

In any case, it was an interesting event.

Next stop, the cafe where a bitter taste awaits.

Sandfox

I'm about to really get started on my adventure. My goal is to 100% the game(excluding a few medals) in 6 months at most(I have school lol) and I'll post my progress while this thread is still active.

Just got my pokeballs and its just me and Snivy about to start things off.

Kadabra evolved even though I gave it an Everstone. :(

Machoke made it through just fine by holding one.

Whyyyyyyyy...

This is taking long enough without having to replace things.

Can't you still manually stop evolutions?

Not trade evolutions. :(

Bulbapedia says what I experienced is a glitch from Gen IV, but apparently it still happens now.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade#Trivia

"Evolution cannot be canceled if it takes place due to a trade occurring."

"Due to an oversight in the Generation IV games, a Kadabra that is traded, even if it is holding an Everstone, will always evolve into Alakazam. This issue is present in all Generation IV games, and was not fixed in the release of Pokémon Platinum or Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Crap, I realized after all this time I didn't do Memory Link. I have all 8 badges, is it too late for me to do it?

Not trade evolutions. :(

Bulbapedia says what I experienced is a glitch from Gen IV, but apparently it still happens now.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade#Trivia

"Evolution cannot be canceled if it takes place due to a trade occurring."

"Due to an oversight in the Generation IV games, a Kadabra that is traded, even if it is holding an Everstone, will always evolve into Alakazam. This issue is present in all Generation IV games, and was not fixed in the release of Pokémon Platinum or Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver."
Maybe they'll fix it by Gen VIII.

Walking around the Ranch and I run into Riolu. Catch it using only two Poke Balls and it's JOLLY.

On the other hand, all the Mareeps and Elekids are bad-natured. :(

Top Bottom