• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Velcro Fly

Fuck that level 16 Raticate

Sent stuff out against it to soften it up and die and Pidgey killed it and took all the EXP

I saved beforehand and I'm just going to fight it again. 400 exp will not go to waste!

Jaagen

What's the encounter rate for Pikachu in Viridian forest in RED? I remember getting him back in the day, but that it took a while. I haven't been able to stumble upon him yet.

Boney

Banned
What's the encounter rate for Pikachu in Viridian forest in RED? I remember getting him back in the day, but that it took a while. I haven't been able to stumble upon him yet.
Just a very small % chance of appearing in Vridian Forest. That's partly why it became so popular

Cheebo

Banned
Just a very small % chance of appearing in Vridian Forest. That's partly why it became so popular
I would say the popularity is primarily due to the anime. It came out in 97 just a year after release and was already in production rather shortly after the initial release.

Did they get rid of Jigglypuff in Red of what? I can't get one to pop up at all. It's all Pidgey and Spearow.
Just got one! Right before the cave.

Sleep so OP

My team right now is
Charmander
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Nidoran
Paras
Magikarp

Parasect might just be my favorite Pokemon, so I think I'm gonna catch an Ekans (start a wrap battle, yo) to replace Pikachu and call it a day. Good type coverage and cheapo strategies.

Pewter City Pokemon Gym
Leader: Brock
Winning Trainers: Gary, Ash

I always think it's funny that literally 2 trainers have ever beaten Brock or any of the others if the pillars at the front of the gym are to be believed.
d03d343c89b67cdcf6d3f99ac961dde9.jpg

Boney

Banned
I would say the popularity is primarily due to the anime. It came out in 97 just a year after release and was already in production rather shortly after the initial release.
Well I'd imagine Pikachu's became one of those widespread rumors gossip in the community as it grew, and it being a cute fat rat definately made him popular amongst lots of people. Probably why they ended up going with pikachu for the anime instead of another mon like eevee.

Obviously the anime launched him to world wide phenomenon he is.

DPtheGod

Hey guys,

Can someone remind of the process/glitch to be able to get Mew in Yellow?

I played this game like 18 years ago!

Zalman

Yep. Double Kick and Horn Drill really aren't worth it.

Although it might be worth waiting until after Misty if you haven't beaten her yet, because Nidoking picks up a water weakness.
If he's playing Yellow, he already has Double Kick. I evolve my Nidorino right away. It's funny. When I enter Mt. Moon, I have a Nidoran, but I always come out with a Nidoking!

Svafnir

I wish I could go back in time and experience the magic of pokemon for the first time again.

I also wish they released the gba remakes for wii u.

Amory

I would say go for it. Nidoking learns Thrash at level 23, which is better than most of Nidorino's moveset.

Yep. Double Kick and Horn Drill really aren't worth it.

Although it might be worth waiting until after Misty if you haven't beaten her yet, because Nidoking picks up a water weakness.

Thanks, got my Nidoking :)

Man I love Rattata/Raticate. My favorite early game pokemon. Hyper Fang might be my favorite move.

Forkball

Holy hell I barely beat Jesse and James in Mt. Moon. I only had a Pikachu left with 5 HP. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE JOBBERS.

Heropon

My Rattata is thrashing everyone in Mt. Moon thanks to that wonderful water gun TM and Hyper Fang. In a gen full of shitty movesets that attack shines.

kiguel182

This thread is making me want to buy it.

Fuck it, I'm buying Pokemon Yellow and replaying it for the first time in 16 years (not 20 but whatever).

daxy

I wish I would have known about the trick to instantly max Pikachu's happiness level as a kid. Would have made getting Bulbasaur in Cerulean that much easier.

How do you do this? :eek:

edit: nevermind, found a video. Amazing! Never knew about this.

sgjackson

Did anyone actually pull through with the Magikarp before Mt. Moon?

i did for laziness reasons

currently just met bill - team is

lv. 16 spearow
lv. 17 oddish, wartortle
lv. 18 pikachu, nidoking

honestly felt like a sucker when i got this, as i was going to pass and only ended up getting it because you can upload mons from rby into sun/moon, but i'm actually having a ton of fun so far.

kiguel182

Also, I'm doing a run like I would do if I was a kid. No glitches or going for Mew or whatever. Just playing the game fresh.

Top Bottom