• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Forkball

Trying to catch an Abra for the Mew glitch. What a pain.

This drove me nuts as well. What I did was get a Butterfree to level 15, where it learns Sleep Powder. It will definitely be faster than the Abra, and if you use Sleep Powder in conjuction with confusion, you can get it down low enough to nab one.

I'm in Vermillion City now. Obviously this game has a lot of QOL annoyances that were fixed in later gens, but I am having a ton of fun with this game. It is truly a classic.

I'm in Vermillion City now. Obviously this game has a lot of QOL annoyances that were fixed in later gens, but I am having a ton of fun with this game. It is truly a classic.

Definitely.

I always have to raise an eyebrow when people cite it as unplayable, either because of glitches or how archaic it is. That it remains an enjoyable experience in spite of the aforementioned things is a testament to the strength of the game's design.

Heropon

I can't believe how difficult a fight against Tentacool was. Wrap really hurts when you have slow pokemon and then you add confusion to the mix. Drowzee and Pikachu almost got destroyed in that fight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Revven

So if i messup the glitch I can start from the beginning?

;_;

You can save before you attempt the glitch and if you mess up you can then just restart from when you saved. If you already fought the trainers you need to get the Mew glitch then yeah you'll have to start over on a new save.

Jaagen

I caught an Abra, but looking at the Mew glitch on Youtube, I already beat one of the trainers required to perform the glitch(the one to the left of the nugget bridge) That sucks.

I can, however, still use the Fly glitch in order to catch Mew.

Gartooth

Shoot, didn't even think about doing the Mew glitch. Is there any other way to get it if you have already defeated the Youngster with the Slowpoke?

Just got past Brock in Yellow.

Butter free(lv 11)
Pidgy (lv 10)
PiKachu(lv 10)
Mankey(lv 9)
Nidoran(lv 8)

Still a really fun game, but it starts out real slow

Gartooth

The first swimmer in Cerulean Gym, if you haven't beaten him already.

Edit: Oh yeah, the swimmer in Misty's gym.

Actually going to go do that now.

You just need to fight a Pokemon that has the same special stat as that slowpoke.

Oh, I messed up then since I've beaten every trainer on my path to Vermilion City. haha

Oh well, already got Mew from this month's distribution. I was just curious to try the glitch for myself.

ChrisW

Man I was going to buy this on my 2DS, but no chance for £8.99. thought it would be maybe £1.99 or something, but £9.00 just seems a bit steep for a game thats 20 years old.

Zombine

Banned
Took me about 5 hours to get to that point, but I secured my Mew rather effortlessly. I think that's the only glitch I'll be partaking in. I wore out all the other ones when I was a kid.

pidgey sand attack shenanigans pls go

Got to Vermilion, team looks like this:

OW18OIk.jpg

I'll grind Sandbro into a Sandslash before going after Surge.

NZerker12

Man I was going to buy this on my 2DS, but no chance for £8.99. thought it would be maybe £1.99 or something, but £9.00 just seems a bit steep for a game thats 20 years old.

These were my thoughts but in the end I went fuck it, it's the 20th anniversary and I'm a fool for nostalgia so I went with it.

You can save before you attempt the glitch and if you mess up you can then just restart from when you saved. If you already fought the trainers you need to get the Mew glitch then yeah you'll have to start over on a new save.

Im just standing before the moon mountain (playing in german) tunnel after route 3.

Onikaan

Hey folks. Need some assistance from the people in the know.

What's the easiest way to get all 3 starter Pokemon? I remember 20 years ago we would have one friend trade us them from a new save. Is that still possible? What if I traded to a friend and had him trade them back to me? Is that an option? I also don't mind buying both games if necessary.

Thanks.

Loris146

What's the easiest way to get all 3 starter Pokemon? I remember 20 years ago we would have one friend trade us them from a new save. Is that still possible? What if I traded to a friend and had him trade them back to me? Is that an option? I also don't mind buying both games if necessary.

Thanks.

Get Pokemon Yellow. :)

Thanks.

Yellow version

Dishwalla

Banned

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zHd1BPtvc

You can try this duplication glitch(ignore the fact this vid is of the Gen II games, it works in the same manner), however it is risky, you can mess up the save file.

Onikaan

Awesome, thanks for the replies. How far into the game until I can get em? I would kinda like to start with them.

Hmm, wonder if using the glitch is worth the risk!

Heropon

Fighting Misty after beating all the trainers in SS Anne wasn't really eventful but after so many bad memories about her Starmie I try to pospone that fight the most I can. The only interesting thing was how the Staryu didn't miss any moves until I had used Double Team four times while I only need one sand attack to miss everything after that.

LT Surge was even more of a letdown as he only had a Raichu and Sandslash one-shotted it with Dig. I think I've found a lot of respect for DPV (Sandslash) in this run thanks to early Slash and Dig (As powerful as Earthquake in gen I).

My team right now is:
DPV the Sandslash (lv 26)
M Zippo the Charmeleon (lv 18)
Tesla X the Pikachu (lv 25)
Pullman the Drowzee (lv 20)
Battleship the Squirtle (lv 10)

Mankey went to the PC as soon as I saw his level up moveset and its resemblance to a wasteland. I prefer to wait for a Hitmonlee.

Vashetti

Banned

I don't see the issue. You're paying for a digital copy which you'll presumably be able to carry forward to future Nintendo consoles.

Try seeking out a genuine (lots of fakes on eBay) cartridge and a Game Boy/Color/Advance/etc., and the price seems a lot more reasonable.

Plus some work has gone into the games to introduce Wi-Fi local trading, and the upcoming Pokémon Bank functionality.

Onikaan

Guys, can I transfer myself the starter Pokemon through the Bank?

If I start a new game, deposit, restart, etc. Does that work?

If leveling Vulpix to 42 for Fire Spin worth it? I'm at 33 and man does Vulpix suck, haha. I was planning on evolving after Flamethrower at 35 but now I'm having second thoughts

Top Bottom