• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

entremet

Guys, can I transfer myself the starter Pokemon through the Bank?

If I start a new game, deposit, restart, etc. Does that work?

It would. But I doubt you will be able to get it back. It's a transfer process, not a storage process.

Also that ability is not available yet.

If leveling Vulpix to 42 for Fire Spin worth it? I'm at 33 and man does Vulpix suck, haha. I was planning on evolving after Flamethrower at 35 but now I'm having second thoughts
Just evolve after flamethrower. Ninetales is much better than Vulpix and firespin isn't really worth it.

Amiibro

Just got to Cerulean City in Yellow. Picked up Bulbasaur where do I go to catch an Abra so I can do this Mew Glitch? Do I have to beat Misty first??

Heropon

So I've got Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂ one after the other and I wonder which one I'd want to train. I don't know if Nidoqueen's more defensive stats are better for a Nuzlocke run than Nidoking's higher attack and speed. Both seem pretty good and I can't decide, help please!

Just got to Cerulean City in Yellow. Picked up Bulbasaur where do I go to catch an Abra so I can do this Mew Glitch? Do I have to beat Misty first??

The patch of grass at the top of Nugget Bridge. Just make sure not to fight the guy in said patch of grass before doing the glitch.

Dishwalla

Banned
I never know if I can get the Silph Scope before climbing that Lavender shrine or not.

you can bust out a poke doll during your encounter with ghost marowak and cause it to flee, bypassing rocket game corner and the silph scope altogether. it's up to you to decide if you want to give up all those experience points you'd get at the rocket hideout though.

entremet

So I've got Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂ one after the other and I wonder which one I'd want to train. I don't know if Nidoqueen's more defensive stats are better for a Nuzlocke run than Nidoking's higher attack and speed. Both seem pretty good and I can't decide, help please!

Nidoking is better. Offense and speed are great in Gen I.

Amiibro

The patch of grass at the top of Nugget Bridge. Just make sure not to fight the guy in said patch of grass before doing the glitch.

The patch of grass up next to the guy that gives you Charmander in Yellow? I know the trainer you glitch is south of the guy giving away Charmander

Dishwalla

Banned
The patch of grass up next to the guy that gives you Charmander in Yellow? I know the trainer you glitch is south of the guy giving away Charmander

Actually in Yellow I don't think you can catch Abra there. Try the patches of grass right above the daycare, south of Cerulean City.

Really enjoying the chance to replay Blue. Just arrived in Celadon City. Current party is:

WVW69i8cPfw-2YQR96

Sizzfizz / lvl 16 Vulpix
Dropflop / lvl 22 Gyarados
Caffeine / lvl 24 Pikachu
Tupolo / lvl 24 Weepinbell
Whistler / lvl 24 Geodude
Swoops / lvl 28 Wartortle

Zombine

Banned
All of this Pokemon hype made me go back and check out Pokemon: Origins on Amazon Prime.

Totally rushed and bungled what could have been an awesome 1-2 season show. The little moments they do let you witness in their entirety are incredible and wicked exciting, but the amount of content they rushed through is a real shame.

Red vs Giovanni at Silph Co. was brutal and wicked cool though.

Finally got my 6th and final Pokemon, oh yes! Now I can post a list :)

Lvl 33 Persian
Lvl 32 Venusaur
Lvl 31 Raichu (just one hit KOed Gary's lvl 40 Charizard)
Lvl 32 Hypno
Lvl 35 Vulpix
Lvl 15 Lapras

Having a blast this playthrough, I never knew how much Meowth/Persian ruled. Also love Hypno for a change, I always went with Alakazam or Mr Mime in the past. Man this game is still so unbelievably fun.

Adzin

Neo Member
I bought the Pokémon Anniversary 2DS with the pre-installed Pokémon Blue...turns out you get 3 versions of Blue installed; one English, one German, and one French! Pretty cool for trading other 'mons to a friend!

Amiibro

You have to go through the house northeast of the gym, the one with the cop standing out front. You have to see Bill though first.

Awesome. Thanks for the help sorry I don't remember much if anything about this game. Is Bill in town?

Edit: ok I I looked it up and he's at the end of that road with the trainer I need to glitch. Can I just avoid the one I need and get to Bills house?

Probably a stupid/obvious answer question, but..

Can I only add funds in bulks of $10? I want to buy Yellow, but after tax it is $10.59.. anyway to do this without buying a useless $20 credit?

sgjackson

Just beat Koga. Team is all in the low 30s, starting to feel like Vileplume's not pulling its weight. Thinking of dumping it for a Snorlax. This is a no-brainer right? I already have tons of status (Jolteon, Hypno) and Jolteon+Wartortle both hit every type Grass handles better than Vileplume firing off Mega Drains does.

For reference, current team:
30 Vileplume
30 Nidoking
31 Wartortle
31 Jolteon
32 Dodrio
33 Hypno

Surge got blown up by my Sandslash. I forgot how good Slash actually was. Before that, I was spamming Pay Day on the SS Anne trainers for extra moneys.

EK6fxhC.jpg

I remember trying this randomly as a kid and being surprised when it actually worked. I forget when they took this out.

All of this Pokemon hype made me go back and check out Pokemon: Origins on Amazon Prime.

Totally rushed and bungled what could have been an awesome 1-2 season show. The little moments they do let you witness in their entirety are incredible and wicked exciting, but the amount of content they rushed through is a real shame.

Red vs Giovanni at Silph Co. was brutal and wicked cool though.

Yeah. I liked it well enough, but it would have been cool had they taken more time with it. If nothing else, they should have shown all of the Gym Leader fights instead of just like, two of them.

The gym battle between Red and Giovanni was really great, though.

sgjackson

why are people trying to catch an early abra not training up a caterpie beforehand - sleep powder lets you handle abra way more easily

soccergod

Banned
Yes, all versions.

Nintendo didn't fix any of the glitches so Missingno. still works in Red and Blue too.

Sweet!

Nobody answered another question i had earlier. I have the n3dsxl and the pokemon n3ds...is it possible to download the r/b to the X/L versions and have it on both? is it possible to download my yellow copy on both?

My god Lapras is a beast. Just took out Giovanni's whole team with a at lvl 23, now 25. And I ran out of PP for Ice Beam mid way through, haha

Top Bottom