• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Heropon

SyTnukA.jpg

I'm having so much luck with the captures in this run. I didn't even know that there were wild Kadabras in route 8.

Easy mode engaged.

Revven

Alright I beat Misty and I'm in Vermilion here's what my team consists of at the moment:

Mew Lv. 16
Pikachu Lv. 20
Nidoking Lv. 20
Pidgeotto Lv. 20
Ivysaur Lv. 16
Charmeleon Lv. 16

I originally had (before Misty) a Raticate at Lv. 20 and Nidoqueen at Lv. 18. Swapped them out for Charmander and Bulbasaur respectively. I've also been catching everything I see just because I want to get Exp. All and all the items the Aides give you.

I'm going to be swapping stuff out as I go along but I think what I have above may remain static for awhile until I can get Pokemon I haven't used and really want -- which will be way after the 3rd and 4th badges.

Reminder: I am playing Yellow.

Firemind

Alright I beat Misty and I'm in Vermilion here's what my team consists of at the moment:

Mew Lv. 16
Pikachu Lv. 20
Nidoking Lv. 20
Pidgeotto Lv. 20
Ivysaur Lv. 16
Charmeleon Lv. 16

I originally had (before Misty) a Raticate at Lv. 20 and Nidoqueen at Lv. 18. Swapped them out for Charmander and Bulbasaur respectively. I've also been catching everything I see just because I want to get Exp. All and all the items the Aides give you.

I'm going to be swapping stuff out as I go along but I think what I have above may remain static for awhile until I can get Pokemon I haven't used and really want -- which will be way after the 3rd and 4th badges.

Reminder: I am playing Yellow.
The hell? When I was at Vermillion I only had Pidgeotto over lvl. 20. :lol

Revven

The hell? When I was at Vermillion I only had Pidgeotto over lvl. 20. :lol

I intentionally caught six Pokes before Brock so EXP has been distributed pretty terribly. Doing it on purpose. :p

Normally I would play the game like, use starter or have two Pokes by Brock and then increase my party from there. But this time I decided to play it front loaded from the beginning. As one can imagine, I had to grind wild pokes for quite awhile just to get them all evenly leveled (or close to it).

Did the Mew glitch in Yellow just because I've never had one, WHERE'S YOUR DOWNLOAD EVENT NOW?!

I always get the crits when they would have died anyway >_>
Ah yes, the unnecessary critical hit, a staple of playing through any pokemon game.
Especially so here since they're flying around non stop, nothing stops my Mankey from his critical karate chop.

Dishwalla

Banned
Does anyone know where I can find a map for Silph Co. for Yellow? I found a map for Red/Blue, but the layout is different.

Think it's the same isn't it?

Card Key is on the fifth floor in the narrow alley behind the Rocket Grunt. The Warp Tile up to your rival is on the third floor in the room in the middle left. From there you fight your rival, get Lapras, and take the last warp tile to the 11the floor. Also there is a healing bed in the lower left room on the 9th floor.

Desperate for a third Eevee, I have Red and Blue on two consoles (my girlfriend is one and I the other) and it's the only Pokemon I will likely be missing.

Any way to do this? Cloning? A similar trick to Mew?

Desperate for a third Eevee, I have Red and Blue on two consoles (my girlfriend is one and I the other) and it's the only Pokemon I will likely be missing.

Any way to do this? Cloning? A similar trick to Mew?

If you didn't want to use a glitch, you could always buy yellow, get the Eevee there, trade it to your girlfirends game, and then trade it from there to your game.

Shizuka

Think it's the same isn't it?

Card Key is on the fifth floor in the narrow alley behind the Rocket Grunt. The Warp Tile up to your rival is on the third floor in the room in the middle left. From there you fight your rival, get Lapras, and take the last warp tile to the 11the floor. Also there is a healing bed in the lower left room on the 9th floor.

Well, that works too. Thanks!

I keep accidentally deleting the first move in my moveset for a new move because I can't time the button presses properly lol!

I have a Wartortle without Water Gun and Ivysaur without Vine Whip...

Growlie19

Made it through Rock Tunnel and immediately went to capture a Growlithe. It's so stupid how Pokémon can instantly wake up after using a sleep move on it.... Anyways, here's the team:

Wartortle: level 30 with Bite, Tail Whip, Bubble, and Water Gun
Fearow: level 30 with Peck, Mirror Move, Leer, and Fury Attack
Gloom: level 30 with Absorb, Acid, Cut, and Sleep Powder (to be replaced with Exeggcute)
Growlithe: level 15 with Bite and Roar
Diglett: level 24 with Scratch, Growl, Dig, and Sand-Attack (to be replaced with Cubone)
and an Abra, used to catch Mew, as my Flash slave.

Heropon

Thinking of removing Charmeleon from my team to put Doduo. Charizard has more coverage than Dodrio but it's basically limited to Jynx, meanwhile Dodrio makes better use of its attack stat and learns drill peck right away. Right now I think it's the right choice but I want a second opinion.

It is. I'm going to pick up yellow today when I'm at Yodobashi, but I'm a bit annoyed that they chose to disable the color sprites. I wonder why they made the decision.

Pokemon Yellow originally didn't receive GBC enhancements in Japan. Only in the international releases.

Mr-Joker

Banned
What a bait and switch in Yellow for Brock's gym. The sole trainer there uses ground types!

It's a rock gym, brah.

Yeah the trainer in the gym uses ground type Pokémon, none of Brock's Pokémon actually know any Rock type moves and the TM he gives you is a normal type move.

Brock is a joke in gen 1 but come the gen 1 remake he's much tougher as he's packing Rock Tomb.

Does swift count as a special or physical attack in this game?

Moves that are special in gen 1.

-Fire
-Grass
-Water
-Electric
-Psychic
-Ice
-Pfftwahahahaaha Dragon.

Moves that are physical in gen 1

-Normal
-Fighting
-Flying
-Rock
-Ground
-Pfftwahahahah Bug
-Poison
-Pfftwahaha Ghost

Thinking of removing Charmeleon from my team to put Doduo. Charizard has more coverage than Dodrio but it's basically limited to Jynx, meanwhile Dodrio makes better use of its attack stat and learns drill peck right away. Right now I think it's the right choice but I want a second opinion.

Charizard doesn't learn a decent fire type move til level 47 and he can't learn Fly, unless you're playing Yellow.

Here's the moveset that I used for my Charizard in Red and Yellow

Red

-Dig
-Slash
-Submission
-Flamethrower

Yellow

-Fly
-Dig
-Slash
-Flamethrower

I can't deny it, I'm kind of getting bored of the game lol. I think it is a combination of

1. The fact that I wanted to beat the Poke Dex w/o glitching or buying a second copy to use on another's 2/3DS (Mew excepted; also I do have friends who are into Pokemon to an extent, but like only one, maybe, who is into it and has the means to buy the game) has me deflated.

2. The principles I've adopted over time - namely only catching what I want - make catching 'em all take that much longer (I'm at Erika and I've only captured 17 Pokemon, of which nine are in the same line while three I captured just for the sake of HMs).

3. The dungeons get a little tedious.

4. The Pokemon movepools are kinda bleh; what kind of balancing goes into Nidorina learning Tale Whip in her mid-20s?

5. And most importantly, ORAS kind of made Pokemon just not quite as fun as it used to be.

I can't pick on R/B too much, but ultimately it's a little disheartening how negative I am being towards it through my playthrough :p

I brought him as well. It was no contest. It had to be done.

Same, mine (Obama) will be a force to be reckoned with after he evolves. I sure do need that, since I'm stuck with shitty pokemons like Buchanan (my Beedrill without a poison attack - captured him as a Kakuna, Nuzlocke rules).

I miss you, Move Reminder.

trixx

I can't deny it, I'm kind of getting bored of the game lol. I think it is a combination of

1. The fact that I wanted to beat the Poke Dex w/o glitching or buying a second copy to use on another's 2/3DS (Mew excepted; also I do have friends who are into Pokemon to an extent, but like only one, maybe, who is into it and has the means to buy the game) has me deflated.

2. The principles I've adopted over time - namely only catching what I want - make catching 'em all take that much longer (I'm at Erika and I've only captured 17 Pokemon, of which nine are in the same line while three I captured just for the sake of HMs).

4. The Pokemon movepools are kinda bleh; what kind of balancing goes into Nidorina learning Tale Whip in her mid-20s?

5. And most importantly, ORAS kind of made Pokemon just not quite as fun as it used to be.

I can't pick on R/B too much, but ultimately it's a little disheartening how negative I am being towards it through my playthrough :p

Yeah i agree can't even go through the ship . I'm bored already. The game is too slow, I hate pressing A, I love pressing L. Garbage pokemon and movepool to begin with.

I like the challenge. I've blacked out 5 times before 3rd badge. I can't play more than 30 minutes at a time lol

Same, mine (Obama) will be a force to be reckoned with after he evolves. I sure do need that, since I'm stuck with shitty pokemons like Buchanan (my Beedrill without a poison attack - captured him as a Kakuna, Nuzlocke rules).
Grind is worth it. My Karp is one/two shotting everything after it evolved.

Helps this is gen 1 where Gyara has pretty good sp.atk too, so STAB moves are reaaal.

Grind is worth it. My Karp is one/two shotting everything after it evolved.

Helps this is gen 1 where Gyara has pretty good sp.atk too, so STAB moves are reaaal.

Special being together is amazing, brings a whole lot of new things to do. Chansey having great sp.atk? Yes please.

The fun part of the game is that for all of the flaws it has, there are some of its flaws that haven't yet been fixed in later games!! (HMs, I am looking at you - what an embarrassing game design decision!)

Vuapol

This is my first romp through Kanto and I've been having a blast. Just made it to Lavender Town in Red, got chills when I heard the 8-bit Lavender Town theme for the first time.

Wartortle Lv. 28: Bite, Tail Whip, Bubble, Water Gun
Nidoking Lv. 27: Thrash, Tackle, Horn Attack, Poison Sting
Mankey Lv. 26: Scratch, Leer, Karate Chop, Fury Swipes
Pidgey Lv. 17: Gust, Sand Attack, Quick Attack (to be replaced by Gastly)
Oddish Lv. 16: Cut Slave (to be replaced by Scyther)
Jigglypuff Lv. 3: Flash Slave (to be replace by Cubone)

I've been skipping quite a few trainers so I don't get too over-leveled, since I was rolling with just Wartortle and Nidoking up to Vermillion. I'll be adding Cubone and Gastly at the Pokemon Tower, so now I'll go back and get those two up to speed.

I was originally going to use Hitmonlee as my final member, though I added Mankey to give me a good third Pokemon for a while. I'm growing attached. Depends on how long it takes to get into Saffron City I guess, like I said, this is my first romp through Kanto.

Really enjoying my time with these classics though. I may just pick up Yellow and do it all again...

Mr-Joker

Banned

Yeah i agree can't even go through the ship . I'm bored already. The game is too slow, I hate pressing A, I love pressing L. Garbage pokemon and movepool to begin with.

I like the challenge. I've blacked out 5 times before 3rd badge. I can't play more than 30 minutes at a time lol

Yeah, I get that when I play the gen 1 games, especially when travelling through route 15-12 as it's a long route and I do it all in one go.

Training for Elite 4 also makes boredom kick in, though at least then I can watch something while doing the training in the background.

I brought him as well. It was no contest. It had to be done.

I don't get why people are buying the Magikarp when you can fish one for free in Vermilion City where there is better option to train him to level 20, without affecting your team.

I wonder if you'll even be able to transfer these Mews over to Pokémon Bank?

There's no reason why you can't, Mew is a legit Pokémon despite glitching the game to get him.

It's Missingno that will most likely be unable to go bank, unless the game converts them into the gen 2 Pokémon.

ok guys, I am planning to play this again, but I really don't have that much time anymore, so what types of pokemon do you recommend for my 6 party that will allow me to beat the game without much sweat (including the ones for HM)?
water, electric, fire, psych, grass, rock?

Noobcraft

The sprite work in RB is legit lol.
WVW69i8cDWUdmM7p1l

Is there anyway to dupe the game corner with the touch screen pausing the game and timing a presses? I want a Porygon but it's so impossible :(
It took me ~4 hours to get all the coins for my Porygon just playing the slots. Pick a machine, roll it 4 times, and if you don't win 2+ out of 4 spins try another machine.

Top Bottom