• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is there anyway to dupe the game corner with the touch screen pausing the game and timing a presses? I want a Porygon but it's so impossible :(

I just taught my Pokémon payday and brought the coins instead of dealing the slots.

The sprite work in RB is legit lol.
WVW69i8cDWUdmM7p1l

Man Porygon has seen some shit.

I wonder if you'll even be able to transfer these Mews over to Pokémon Bank?

You don't, the OP is wrong as you can only get one Blizzard TM and it's found in the Pokémon Mansion on Cinnabar Island.

Velcro Fly

I think my plan is set

1. Continue down Cycling Road to get to Fuchsia City
2. Beat Koga with my op as fuck Hypno/Dugtrio combo
3. Get the Surf HM and go to the power plant
4. Catch an Electabuzz there and use it for my team

I have four good pokemon and I want a fifth. Adding another will definitely kill my levels toward the end of the game but there are a lot of water and flying types that I'd love to have a solid electric type for. Plus doing the E4 and Champion with only four pokemon might be tough PP wise. Also having an electric type makes fighting Blue so much easier. Otherwise I'd have no answer for Gyarados or even really Pidgeot.

If I have to grind I'll grind. If I can get my team to 50 by the time I'm at the E4 I should be good to go.

Caayn

Did anyone try to upload a MissingNO. to the Pokémon Bank? I'm interested in what happens if you do/try it.

Cindro

Here's a weird question - is there any way to get the "low battery" light off when playing GB VC games with the GB border? Though my 3DS battery is at full power, the GB border has the red low battery light on and it's making me anxious!

Mr. Furlong

Neo Member
Here's a weird question - is there any way to get the "low battery" light off when playing GB VC games with the GB border? Though my 3DS battery is at full power, the GB border has the red low battery light on and it's making me anxious!

I'm not sure how it worked on the original game boy, but with the game boy colour the red light indicated how much battery you had left. The dimmer that light was, the less battery you had left.

BTHR Zero X

Ok fellow Trainers. I am indeed of some helps here since I am a Psyduck.

when I played RBY back in the day I had to go to London to get my Mew. Well since those days people found glitches but I have no idea how they are done.

My game setup is Blue NA English. I have just started it 20 mins ago not even entered Viridian Forrest to busy training my tiny team to level 10's.

So how do I do this Mew Glitch. Speak to me like I am moron xD

Velcro Fly

Got my Electabuzz! Caught a level 33 one but walked around and picked up items and found a level 36 one! Dugtrio even got up to level 40 just slashing and digging things. 7 more levels for Earthquake!

Man Chansey is a bitch to catch. Been trying for almost an hour. I just went 14 turns with one and not a single ball landed...dafuq man

celebi23

Noob question but, I already did the quick Mew Glitch in Yellow. I just did it again, this time with the Youngster with the Slowpoke on Route 25 instead of the SWIMMER in Misty’s Gym. Will having 2 Mews from this glitch mess up my game?

Revven

Noob question but, I already did the quick Mew Glitch in Yellow. I just did it again, this time with the Youngster with the Slowpoke on Route 25 instead of the SWIMMER in Misty’s Gym. Will having 2 Mews from this glitch mess up my game?

No, it won't. The glitch basically ends when you caught the Mew. The trainer by Nugget Bridge (the one you used the Teleport on) can forever be used to trigger it again for other Pokemon or you can fight that trainer for the EXP if you don't care about getting different Pokemon.

celebi23

No, it won't. The glitch basically ends when you caught the Mew. The trainer by Nugget Bridge (the one you used the Teleport on) can forever be used to trigger it again for other Pokemon or you can fight that trainer for the EXP if you don't care about getting different Pokemon.

Ok, thanks!

Cindro

I'm not sure how it worked on the original game boy, but with the game boy colour the red light indicated how much battery you had left. The dimmer that light was, the less battery you had left.
Oh wow, that's fascinating! I didn't know that - red battery lights just always trigger a panic response from me.

tquinta

Neo Member
Ok, I've got the Pokemon fever.
I've never played any of the games, but I'm familiar with the mechanics and overall story. My question is not about which Gen 1 game should I get but maybe if I should start somewhere else, like X and Y?
I don't mind if the games are easier and there is not much grinding, actually, I prefer that. (I know it's in the FAQ)
So what do you guys recommend?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I've never played any of the games, but I'm familiar with the mechanics and overall story. My question is not about which Gen 1 game should I get but maybe if I should start somewhere else, like X and Y?
I don't mind if the games are easier and there is not much grinding, actually, I prefer that. (I know it's in the FAQ)

If you have never played a Pokémon game then I strongly suggest starting with X and Y, as the original gen 1 games are too archaic for a newcomer to get into it.

Plus X and Y are set up to allow easy training meaning less grinding, so it's perfect for you.

Cindro

Early Game method (before Fly and Misty):
Things you need: A Pokemon with Teleport (Abra), Healing at the Cerulean Pokemon Center, Poke Balls bought before doing the glitch, Having a Pokemon that can handle a level 15-ish Water Type in front, Saving before any of this happens
1. You must find a trainer who's visual range (a ! appears over their head and they walk towards you to fight you) is long enough that it will occur when their sprite is loaded onto the screen. For this method, choose the Jr. Trainer who is hiding in the Grass next to Nugget Bridge on Route 24.
2. Moving south from the top of the screen, press Start just as his sprite loads, go to the Pokemon menu, and use Abra's Teleport (or in later methods, Fly). This will take you back to the Cerulean Pokemon Center. The ! animation will play, but the trainer will not move towards you and you will Teleport. (To practice pressing start as he loads, move against the cliff wall instead of in his line of sight and move south. If you do mess up and get into a battle with him, reset the game to your last save).
3. Once you have escaped the battle with Teleport, you will notice the start button doesn't work. This is normal. Now you must find one of two trainers: The Swimmer at the front of Misty's Gym if you haven't beaten her yet, or the Youngster on Route 25 who is standing with his back against some shrubs and facing north. Whatever you do, DO NOT just talk to or get right in front of the trainer you choose, you have to let them walk to you. Fight them and win. Your Start Menu now works.
4. This step depends on the trainer you fought. If it was the Swimmer, leave Misty's Gym and walk up to Nugget Bridge until your start menu opens on its own. If it was the Youngster, either walk back to Nugget Bridge or Teleport back to Cerulean and walk up to Nugget Bridge and your Start Menu will open. Before closing the menu, get your Pokemon-catching Pokemon out in front.
5. Closing the menu starts a wild battle with Mew.
Note: Do not fight any wild Pokemon or buy anything or heal at the center after fighting the second trainer. It can cause freezes or glitch trainers to appear instead of Mew.

Here's a video of it working
DRAT. I was on my way to do this glitch, but I forgot which trainer I needed to use - I accidentally already rekt the Youngster in the grass by nugget bridge X_X

Is there a list of other trainers somewhere that I can still do the glitch with?

Tidalwave

Look at the starters for Kanto: Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur.
Then Hoenn: Torchic, Treecko, and Mudkip.
Finally check Kalos: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin.

Then pick your favorite.
If you chose from Kanto or Kalos, Play X or Y
If you chose from Hoenn, play omega ruby or alpha sapphire

Seriously, I cannot conceive how someone could Nuzlocke this game. It's easily the cheapest one of the series, what with its broken critical hit system and paralysis/confusion bias lol.

No plans on evolving?

Unlike the meme of "ain't got no friends", my meme is "friends ain't got no 3DSes" :v

Really wish this game was online lol.

It feels nice to use Pokemon like Hitmonlee and Persian.

I don't necessarily go for the strongest Pokemon when I play, but the team I'm using now is a bunch of Pokemon who I mostly forgot about, but are actually good in Gen I due to odd mechanics like Speed Crits and the lack of STAB on basically anything that isn't Normal, Electric or Water.
Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee?
I think Chan looks kind of weird. I picked Lee

Level 16 Alakazam feels great. 56 or so Special when the next highest is in the thirties. Too bad he has no moves right now, lol.

Mine is at Level 28 with 88 Special, which is is about more than double the 2nd highest Special stat on my team (Charmeleon with 40). Psybeam is pretty much OHKOing anything that doesn't resist it, haha.

God, I love Gen 1 Psychics. You broken ass type, you.

Top Bottom