• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

My level 36 Light Ball Pikachu is wrecking everything

On the other hand, my level 33 Pancham can't handle a single punch :(

Velcro Fly

Not getting the game until Tuesday. X version.

I'm finding it really hard to not go to Best Buy later on to find myself a copy of Y.

Must...resist...

:(

If anyone else is like me and hasn't gotten it from the store yet, and still hasn't picked a nickname.

I got one.

s4vwCxz.jpg

Well, so much for Amazon's next day delivery.
I thought something was up when I couldn't track it. After googling it, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent it with the Royal Mail rather than courier.

Cheers Amazon.

Is there an in depth guide for all the PSS stuff. I expected there to be an in game manual or tutorial, but so far I haven't seen one.

In specific, what do the smiley faces next to the passerbys mean?

Symphonic

Waiting outside target now, I'm the only one here lol

I hope they don't do that annoying thing where they have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask for the game.

Shengar

Some of that restrictions are terrible, but I guess I can start nicknamin my Pokemon from my favorite writers and their characters.

m0t0k1

lol i saw an old man passerby how can you become old in this game? In other news i never saw a shiny pokemon in my life and i played over a 1000 hours worth of pokemon. so i just cought a red flabebe thinking nice so next pokemon i meet is a flabebe with a yellow flower think omg for the first time i met a shiny one but now i realise there are 3 types of flower on a flabebe and my heart is broken :(

decaf

Any news on whether Dittos can be found in the games? Wondering if I need to focus on picking up females for breeding until the Pokemon Bank comes online at the end of the year.

Magnus

I have no idea how Friend Codes etc. Work. Do we seriously need 12 digit numbers to be able to connect to each other for trades? Christ.

Edit

Wait wait wait; you have a different friend code for every 3DS game you play?? So when I inevitably get Pokemon X months from now I'll have to enter all the friend codes over again? Holy shit. What kind of dark ages are we in here?

Majukun

it is confirmed that you can't port your pokèmon from diamond and pearl?
i don't have black/white but i still have tons of pkmn in the pearl cartridge,,i almost catched em all

Strider

Leaving in a couple hours to pick up X and Wind Waker. Can't wait.

How do you guys feel about Exp Share? Leaving it on or off? Does having it on make the game really easy?

Ark

Well, so much for Amazon's next day delivery.
I thought something was up when I couldn't track it. After googling it, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent it with the Royal Mail rather than courier.

Cheers Amazon.

Send their Customer Services and e-mail and they'll refund the delivery charge no problem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have no idea how Friend Codes etc. Work. Do we seriously need 12 digit numbers to be able to connect to each other for trades? Christ.

Yep.

And the freindcode system doesn't notify you when you add them. Basically no requests, you have to add your FC separately.

It's dumb.

decaf

it is confirmed that you can't port your pokèmon from diamond and pearl?
i don't have black/white but i still have tons of pkmn in the pearl cartridge,,i almost catched em all

Yes, but not until the 27th of December via Poke Transporter. It will only transfer from Black/White/Black 2 White 2 though. Still means you can get your Pokemon from the GBA games though, which is great.

Magnus

Anyone find it interesting that the game didn't end up using the 3D models made for Pokedex 3D (the app) after all?

Thought that was a sure thing.

Yep.

And the freindcode system doesn't notify you when you add them. Basically no requests,
you have to add your FC separately.

It's dumb.

Are nicknames at least eventually used after you add people via FC, so that you can tell people apart later on?

Or will I be expected to keep a reference sheet handy to match you guys with your 12 digit numbers?

Lol so terrible

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So... is the growth rate different for some pokemon?

The fennekin I got from trade at lvl 1 is already lvl 20 mostly from exp share.

Meanwhile my ralts who I caught at lvl 8 is still at 17, and I've been using it to fight quite a bit.

Majukun

Yes, but not until the 27th of December via Poke Transporter. It will only transfer from Black/White/Black 2 White 2 though. Still means you can get your Pokemon from the GBA games though, which is great.

so if i want my pkmn i need to but pkmn white/black just for that?
i think i'll pass

Busaiku

Meanwhile my ralts who I caught at lvl 8 is still at 17, and I've been using it to fight quite a bit.

Pokemon from trades always level up faster.

Shiggie

traded pokemon get double the exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom