• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Alright, Pokemon newbie here. Can someone tell me what happens if I stop my pokemon from evolving? They will just keep their current form and leveling up? Will they still learn new moves? Will they have the chance to evolve again later?

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I will just let them evolve then. My starter fire pokemon already evolved but the 2nd form is ugly. I miss the cute little animal I was beating trainers left and right with.
One thing you must remember on evolving Pokemon, is that most pokemon that evolved by evolution stone would stop learning any move after you evolved them. I think only Eevolution that is an exception to this. Feel free to correct me though.

kiri

I'm due to start X & Y shortly...I have a copy of each and two 3DS's and will be soft resetting until I get a shiny Fennekin!

I just wanted to say that I really love this global release, just reading you guys sharing notes about where various Pokemon are and hidden secrets etc. is making this all far more exciting than the usual BWB2W2 releases.

First thing that happens when I wake up, my sister barges into my room asking for credit card information. She wants to download Pokemon Y from the eShop.

Meanwhile, I have a copy reserved at GameStop, but it doesn't open for another five hours.

smh

Morokh

Someone challenged me to my first battle :) that was fun ! (and not only because I won with 6 pokemons still alive ..; :p)

Love how they give you stats on yourself and the other players when you're waiting for the other player to make a move, really nice touch !

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Gonna go to wal-mart i na hour and see if it's in stock.

I kinda doubt it will be because they are doing a remodeling

Neo Child

Banned
first wonder trade was my yellow flabebe for a red flabebe haha

then i traded it for a zubat

then i traded it for a spoink

just traded it for a helioptile and decided to keep it

MarkusRJR

Damn it GameFreak! They added more restrictions to nicknaming. There was a thread about it on /vp/ so I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here.

Basically, because of the worldwide release, having any bad words (in any language) in a nickname isn't allowed. Problem is, a lot of swears and insults in other languages are in English words. Absolutely ridiculous that language filters in other languages carry over to your language.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's 8pm here yet the sun is still up!

Damn it GameFreak! They added more restrictions to nicknaming. There was a thread about it on /vp/ so I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here.

Basically, because of the worldwide release, having any bad words (in any language) in a nickname is 't allowed. Problem is, a lot of swears and insults in other languages are in English words. Absolutely ridiculous that language filters in other languages carry over to your language.

They were banned even in last gen, except unlike before where you can still use those nicknames but be unable to use them for online stuff, you can't nickname it to begin with (due to PSS).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So how do I get into the boutique in lumiose city?

They keep saying that I need to style up more. I'm already fabulous!.

MarkusRJR

It's 8pm here yet the sun is still up!

They were banned even in last gen, except unlike before where you can still use those nicknames but be unable to use them for online stuff, you can't nickname it to begin with (due to PSS).
What happens to my Pokémon in B/W that don't have "suitable" (totally safe and non-insulting, but contain a swear from another language) nicknames? Seems dumb there's no option to ignore the online stuff for specific Pokémon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One thing you must remember on evolving Pokemon, is that most pokemon that evolved by evolution stone would stop learning any move after you evolved them. I think only Eevolution that is an exception to this. Feel free to correct me though.

That's more with the eeveelutions learning moves unique to the eeveelution, but they would stop learning moves learned by the Eevee

WTF? Stil a single slot save?!? Ninty, this is not good.

lol expecting Pokemon to have multiple save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom