• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played this for about 6 hours now. Not even near the 2nd gym, but I'm completely in love with this. The level of customisation and all the new features and visuals/music etc. They've really gone above and beyond this time. Amazing.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
2208-4425-4567

Feel free to add me. PM me your code or post it here if you haven't.

This may and probably will sound stupid, but where do I find my own code and where can I add a friend. lol I haven't used a 3ds in forever nor have I played pokemon in a long time.

Ibuki

Banned
This may and probably will sound stupid, but where do I find my own code and where can I add a friend. lol I haven't used a 3ds in forever nor have I played pokemon in a long time.

From the home screen or main 3ds menu, just go to your friends list. It should show your friend card with your code on the bottom under the name you set your 3DS up under.

Kiraly

One of the visitors at an Inn told me he was from a town with a hot spring next to its Pokemon center.

OMG RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait wait wait; you have a different friend code for every 3DS game you play?? So when I inevitably get Pokemon X months from now I'll have to enter all the friend codes over again? Holy shit. What kind of dark ages are we in here?

Nobody replied to your edit so I feel someone should let you know that friend codes are system-wide.
Register someone once and you can play with them in every online-capable game without registering them again.

Ultimadrago

If anyone else is like me and hasn't gotten it from the store yet, and still hasn't picked a nickname.

I got one.

s4vwCxz.jpg

I'm seriously considering a Breaking Bad name for one of my captured monsters, but I don't know if I'll use "Heisenberg" yet. I may name my
Goomy
. "Gomey."

I'm gonna go pick up X in a few hours, hope they haven't ran out of stock.
One of the visitors at an Inn told me he was from a town with a hot spring next to its Pokemon center.

OMG RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard there was quite a bit of hinting of RS remakes in this game... did previous games foreshadow remakes I wonder.

Bobety

Any chance to get a wild Pikachu btw?

X version

Yeah you can catch them in the first forest near the start of the game.

Guys, where can I find Spritzee? Route 7? And the sachet item to evolve it?

I found one out front of the battle mansion thing, which I think is route 7. At night if that makes a difference.

Anyone seen a gastly or haunter anywhere?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
45 minutes till I get the game!

Just in case you were wondering!

Just got to daycare and I've sorted out babies for my starters...now for them to hatch and then its off to GTS.

Tip: At that point of the game you should have the amulet coin. If you didn't look harder in
Parfum Palace
. A neat thing you can do with the amulet coin
the three course meal battle costs 3000 to enter but with the amulet coin each trainer gives you over 1000 back, effectively making it free

Are we 100% certain time of day has no bearing on things? I'm having little luck finding a Pluse or a Scraggy in the route the Pokedex says they are found. I might just move on.

Any chance to get a wild Pikachu btw?
First forest and the route after it. Trainer in the forest has one if you need Pokedex confirmation.

Ibuki

Banned
Finally got a Ralts from Wonder trade. It is German too. How cool. :p

Edit: It's Italian... I don't know why I thought German.

The animations are awesome. All of the Pokemon are so lively, but then you come across a completely motionless Psyduck with a blank stare. lol nailed it.

Something I forgot to mention about boosted EXP. In a batlte I noticed this.

German Zigzagoon gained 229 boosted EXP yet my Farfetch'd (in-game so UK) gained 208 boosted EXP.

I assume foreign language gets a slight boost to boosted EXP...

Shengar

Something I forgot to mention about boosted EXP. In a batlte I noticed this.

German Zigzagoon gained 229 boosted EXP yet my Farfetch'd (in-game so UK) gained 208 boosted EXP.

I assume foreign language gets a slight boost to boosted EXP...

Yes, foreign Pokemon get slight boost to their boosted EXP. Not really a big deal though :p

Anilusion

I'll ask again, is it possible to get multiple event Torchics by trading it to another game and then deleting the save? Or can you only get a mystery gift once per game cartridge?

teeny

Can anyone tell me the methods for evolving
pancham and inkay
, and the levels that this is possible? I did a quick search on my phone but couldn't find anything confirmed. Ta!

Busaiku

Alright. I seem to have forgotten that.

Just wanna clarify that it might give more EXP than previous games (EXP Share).
EXP Share gives less EXP than battling, but I'm not quire sure how it works in these games (haven't gotten Y yet).

That's why I edited it back, cause I'm not sure.

Zafir

Still think the original pokemon have some of the best designs. My Pikachu and Squirtle just look so cute in 3D.
Just wanna clarify that it might give more EXP than previous games (EXP Share).
EXP Share gives less EXP than battling, but I'm not quire sure how it works in these games (haven't gotten Y yet).

That's why I edited it back, cause I'm not sure.
It definitely does give more xp than previous games. It seems like every pokemon in my party is getting half the amount the battle pokemon get. Unlike past games where it seemed quite little.

Finally started playing after letting it download overnight. I already reset three times because I kept changing my mind about my starter; I'm really not good at committing to decisions.

First impressions: the game looks a lot better than I thought it would, and the cosmetic difference helps make this really feel like the next gen of the series. Also all the options seem overwhelming at first. I clicked on the Internet button and was surprised at how connected this version seems to be. Then I went into the menu from the top and there's just a ton of stuff I have no idea about: Wonder Trade, Shout-Outs, Holo Caster, etc. and I don't even know where to begin. I'm just glad that it really feels like something new, even if the core gameplay and structure is still the same.

Randdalf

Don't think I'll be pre-ordering games from Amazon any more. Second time in a row a game, with first class delivery, has failed to arrive on its release date in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom