• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the differences between the two games, I'm still in the fancy here and need some help to get down...

8zEXj3i.png

Thus far, this.
Saw a rumor that Bagon was exclusive to Y, Axew to X but haven't seen much confirmation of that.

Minun

Neo Member
Team Froakie, and I'm getting both versions physically.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a new generation before.

gazele

Banned
I think I've decided against getting both, fortunately for my wallet haha

Some concerns about stuff brought up in reviews but only a week left is exciting

Subscribed and avoided till release now =P, probs looked at too much leaks lol
Edit:
Reposted it in case someone missed it

PokeGAF Spreadsheet Here

Quote to see the link

Cult of Red strikes again! I always love to see Red with FRLG hairstyle but colored black instead.
Quoting this for later when it releases need to do a check on who's deleted me off their friendlist from AC GAF X'D

Hargenx

8zEXj3i.png

Thus far, this.
Saw a rumor that Bagon was exclusive to Y, Axew to X but haven't seen much confirmation of that.

Thank you sir.

And Y has the best legendary(IMO) but the others are just...URGH!

Now one foot is on the X side, but I'm still open minded. LOL

ramyeon

8zEXj3i.png

Thus far, this.
The rumour I saw said Bagon for Y, Gible for X (Both found in a similar spot). It makes more sense than Bagon/Axew since Bagon and Gible are more comparable.

Growlithe and Heracross for X and Vulpix and Pinsir for Y.

Take it with a grain of salt. There will be differences like this but trading is easier than ever apparently.

Also anyone really wanted to go Chespin (Grass), Squirtle (Water) and Torchic (Fire dlc event). And then Mega Charizard X and final evos went and screwed over the plan XD cause I'm conflicted on what starter to choose lol.

DSmalls84

Just preordered the X version. Pretty sure I'm going Froakie/Bulbasaur. Charmander is pretty tempting with those awesome X and Y versions though.

one_kill

Also anyone really wanted to go Chespin (Grass), Squirtle (Water) and Torchic (Fire dlc event). And then Mega Charizard X and final evos went and screwed over the plan XD cause I'm conflicted on what starter to choose lol.
Yeah I was on the same boat. I'm on team Froakie, but have yet to choose between Charmander and Bulbasaur.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm getting X for the singular reason that it has Xerneas, in my opinion the best legendary they have every come up with. All bow to the grace, beauty and glory of Xerneas!!!

*side-note, is my favorite regular pokemon Meowth confirmed to be in X? I went with Soul Silver over Gold just cuz Meowth was exclusive to Silver. Love that little guy! <3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
8zEXj3i.png

Thus far, this.
Hmm, I'm switching to TeamY. Mostly for that cute pink bird pokemon and it's evolutions, but also cause Mega Mewtwo Y looks cooler.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just found out my Gamestop us doing a midnight release; totally didn't expect that. Hopefully lots of people go so I can get more streetpasses.

Thankfully managed to get a 3DS so Pokemon X will be mine next Saturday!

#TeamX

My starters are in the spoiler.
Going Froakie or Chespin and Charmander for dat Charizard X

Maligna

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already, any word on how many blocks this will be to download? Wish I hadn't downloaded Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's like 3x bigger than most other 3DS games.

I'm sure Pokemon will be about the same size, but if there's one game I know I'll always want on hand, it's Pokemon.

DaBoss

Sorry if this has been asked already, any word on how many blocks this will be to download? Wish I hadn't downloaded Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's like 3x bigger than most other 3DS games.

I'm sure Pokemon will be about the same size, but if there's one game I know I'll always want on hand, it's Pokemon.

13962 blocks which is 1.7GB.

Much as I like Haxorus, yeah that is unfair lol. Haxorus isn't a pseudolegendary >_>

ramyeon said this:
The rumour I saw said Bagon for Y, Gible for X (Both found in a similar spot). It makes more sense than Bagon/Axew since Bagon and Gible are more comparable.

Take it with a grain of salt. There will be differences like this but trading is easier than ever apparently.

So yea, that is still a good trade-off since Garchomp is a total badass too.

zroid

Banned
ramyeon said this:

So yea, that is still a good trade-off since Garchomp is a total badass too.

oooh I hope so! Garchomp is da best.

If true then I guess we can expect Mega Salamence. That should be fun.

Also wow Heracross and Growlithe. X is the freaking bomb.

Oli

Gaf your enthusiasm rubbed off on me. I preordered X.

I did buy Black but didn't finish it. Before that I had played just about every generation. I hope this one gets me back in the swing of things.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really torn on my team.

I know I will 100% get Gogoat/Pancham.

I might skip the new starters completely since their end designs are so atrocious same for torchic/blaziken.

Might go

Gogoat
Pancham
Blastoise
Talonflame

Then not sure from there.

gazele

Banned
Really torn on my team.

I know I will 100% get Gogoat/Pancham.

I might skip the new starters completely since their end designs are so atrocious same for torchic/blaziken.

Might go

Gogoat
Pancham
Blastoise
Talonflame

Then not sure from there.

That's funny, those 3 seem so boring to me, especially go goat since I'm using chespin, plus scrafty came first

TheOGB

Banned

Thank you sir.

And Y has the best legendary(IMO) but the others are just...URGH!

Now one foot is on the X side, but I'm still open minded. LOL
Basically this, fuck. Looking likely that I'll get X.

Forgive me Yveltal TT~TT

I'm trying to decide what 3ds to get for this. Does the 2ds have the same screen size as the original 3ds and how do these screen sizes compare to the original ds lite?

The only 3ds to get for this is the official red or blue pokemon 3ds.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Does anybody know how in-depth the online functionality will be with a person who have zero friends? Can I play against random people through matchmaking without entering friends code crap

zroid

Banned
Does anybody know how in-depth the online functionality will be with a person who have zero friends? Can I play against random people through matchmaking without entering friends code crap

no idea, but now sounds like a great time to make some friends!

1676-3679-7062

but yeah you should be able to have online matches against randoms

B33

Banned
Great OT. I've been waiting for this to purchase a 3DS.

Has anyone heard of any sales or deals for the 3DS XL? I'd like to purchase a black one (NA region).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Great OT. I've been waiting for this to purchase a 3DS.

Has anyone heard of any sales or deals for the 3DS XL? I'd like to purchase a black one (NA region).

Can't say I know, I just in an order for the limited edition Blue Pokemon XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom