• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is autotrading the only StreetPass functionality this game has? How does that work, exactly? Do you set up acceptable trades or does it just trade whatever (in which case, that's dumb)?

Dunno about trading, but I'm pretty sure the PR videos you can make are also sent via StreetPass

That's pretty disappointing. I'm surprised they don't let you battle Streetpass teams like in Fire Emblem. There's even precedent for something like this with the Viridian House in GSC/HGSS.
Along with the reports of a minimal postgame, the 2d overworld, and Pokemon Bank not being ready at launch, I'm getting the nagging feeling that Nintendo is rushing this out for the holidays.

Really torn on my team.

I know I will 100% get Gogoat/Pancham.

I might skip the new starters completely since their end designs are so atrocious same for torchic/blaziken.

I was also torn because I wanted Chespin, but I really liked Gogoat & Pancham too. That's too many good Grass-types to pick from.

...And then I saw Chespin's final form. For the first time ever, I'm boxing my starter (I thought about doing this back in B/W, but Unova's Water-type selection was so bad I stuck with my Oshawott).

ramyeon

That's pretty disappointing. I'm surprised they don't let you battle Streetpass teams like in Fire Emblem. There's even precedent for something like this with the Viridian House in GSC/HGSS.
Along with the reports of a minimal postgame, the 2d overworld, and Pokemon Bank not being ready at launch, I'm getting the nagging feeling that Nintendo is rushing this out for the holidays.
On the flipside almost every review is singing praises for the robust online system, and some even calling this the best Pokemon to date. Pokemon Bank not being available at launch could very well be intentional, as it encourages players to play through with what's available in game before bringing all their overpowered pokemon over for post-game and online competition play.

Is froakie named after the op named lordfroakie?

My other ? is if you can trade online, and how hard is it going to be to get the legendary or mega pokemons from the other game.

zroid

Banned
Is froakie named after the op named lordfroakie?
yes

My other ? is if you can trade online, and how hard is it going to be to get the legendary or mega pokemons from the other game.
until cloning is discovered, getting legendaries by trade may be tricky, unless you're willing to trade a Xerneas for an Yveltal. Same deal with mega stones, probably. You'll be able to easily trade Mewtonite X for Mewtonite Y.

Man, all the chespin doubters will one day see the light.
Oh, I'm still picking Chespin over the other two starters. It's just that I'm swapping him out for the first good Grass type I meet. It's his final form that I don't care for.
On the flipside almost every review is singing praises for the robust online system, and some even calling this the best Pokemon to date.
Maybe. I just wish it wasn't always two steps forward, one step back with gamefreak.
Pokemon Bank not being available at launch could very well be intentional, as it encourages players to play through with what's available in game before bringing all their overpowered pokemon over for post-game and online competition play.
Okay, I can see this. It'd be cool if we organized a tournament before Pokemon Bank goes online.

Styles

Fennekin is still my favourite starter, so I might pick it over Froakie and have it hold everstone forever.

So is there a way to get HG and SS pokemon into this one? Ive been pokeabsent since regular gold and silver and besides gen one those were some of my favorites.

-Horizon-

So is there a way to get HG and SS pokemon into this one? Ive been pokeabsent since regular gold and silver and besides gen one those were some of my favorites.
Pokemon Bank seems to be the main solution I'm guessing.
Its an online pokemon pc to hold all your pokemon for a small fee (after the initial free trial).

ramyeon

You would need to get BW or BW2, have a DS and 3DS, trade from HGSS to BW/2 and then transfer to poke bank.

Sandfox

You would have to find someone to do it for you via trade if you don't have a 5th gen game.

Trade to Black and White 2 I believe

You would need to get BW or BW2, have a DS and 3DS, trade from HGSS to BW/2 and then transfer to poke bank.

You would have to find someone to do it for you via trade if you don't have a 5th gen game.

Pokemon Bank seems to be the main solution I'm guessing.
Its an online pokemon pc to hold all your pokemon for a small fee (after the initial free trial).

fuuuuuuuuuuu
I need the ds and 3ds? can it be two 3ds? and then id have to buy HG/SS and BW/BW2....thats like 80 bucks so I can have totodile....fuck.

Sandfox

fuuuuuuuuuuu
I need the ds and 3ds? can it be two 3ds? and then id have to buy HG/SS and BW/BW2....thats like 80 bucks so I can have totodile....fuck.

If you don't have the game and just want a totodile and other older pokemon you can just trade with someone else after they transfer and breed their pokemon.

-Horizon-

Nope, Gen V only :/

:[

Darn it Game Freak, adding one more step to the whole process for me.

Nope, thats why i bought a copy of black 2, up to the 6th gym so far. Trying not to burn myself out of pokemon before x y comes out.

Looking back at B/W/2, I really haven't invested much time in them. For B and B2 I only put 40 hours into each lol. Way low compared to previous gens.

Toxi

Banned
You know what'd be cool? If the HMs just became TMs and the HM functions were replaced by various key items. Surf could be a raft, Waterfall could be a white-water raft modification, Cut could be a hatchet, Flash could be a lantern, Rock Climb could be a set of climbing gear, Strength could be a gurney or some sort of grease you put under boulders, Dive could be an oxygen tank and flippers, Rock Smash could be a rock hammer, and Fly could be a teleportation device (Remember, in Pokemon teleportation is an available technology). All these functions could also be done by Pokemon with the corresponding moves, but you wouldn't be required to have those Pokemon in your party.

It'd accomplish their task of gating the player and adding stuff to earlier areas that can only be accessed by backtracking, but it wouldn't force you to make PC trips or waste a space in your party on an HM slave.

I have to say Flash was the worst HM move. A single powerful Flashlight would have worked perfectly like Red in the Origin anime. That or have an Ampharos.

Voror

Getting both versions, but am probably starting with X.

Froakie for starter.

I've never done the friend code thing before though. Will have to look up where to find that.

yes

until cloning is discovered, getting legendaries by trade may be tricky, unless you're willing to trade a Xerneas for an Yveltal. Same deal with mega stones, probably. You'll be able to easily trade Mewtonite X for Mewtonite Y.
How did a gaffer get a pokemon named after him?

And if cloning is discovered, is that like a cheat?

I'm almost tempted to support my starter like this...

thumb.php

DigitalOp

Banned
Man, all the chespin doubters will one day see the light.

TeamX btw

We stand strong, fellow TeamChespin

I actually have turned around on Chespin a bit. That Grass Feralstoise feel with fighting sounds cool. But Geninja is every thing that is righteous in Pokemon. Hands down top starter and if not to some.. Top 3. Always

yes

They are really making it seem like it will be somewhat difficult to acquire mega stones. You cant store them in Pokemon Bank so any restarts puts you at zero.

Tryna get my pokemon back in order to transfer and Im starting to realize that owning both versions is like having double saves that are able to swap content. Of course GF would make it the money maker.

I think they are going to lock megastones and make them events.

The leaks corrupted me again. I think I went maybe 2 or 3 days? I dont even know. But I really like what I see of Gen 6. I think this is a really important game in the Pokemon franchise and will leave a lasting impression.

It was perfectly designed to give Red and Blue vibes. (could have been Green but..)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is B&W2 worth a playthrough before x&y come out. I kinda want them for the extra pokes the games have too that are not in b&w for pokemon box as well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I loved Lugia and Yveltal seems to be an extension of that, plus Mega Charizard Y looks pretty boss therefore...

#TeamY

DigitalOp

Banned
Is B&W2 worth a playthrough before x&y come out. I kinda want them for the extra pokes the games have too that are not in b&w for pokemon box as well.

Do you have B/W? If not, you need one of them for the transfer process anyway. I see BW2 as a semi prototype XY. The pokemon as various through out gens and gameplay mechanics are somewhat brought to the forefront.

Def get them. Most of my time will be in XY but if there's a chance I can buffer, Ill be going back to previous Pokemon games.

Dr. Buni

Hey Shengar, can you change me to Team Both on the spreadsheet? I'd like to be on Team X actually, for a certain reason I can't talk about here yet, but I don't want my name to be on the end of the list
and I will eventually buy the second version in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom