• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I may have to cancel my Amazon preorder and get this on digital, since I don't know if amazon will have this shipped on Saturday. Those bastards.

MrMephistoX

So I want to get this digitally but need a much larger SD card. What's the easiest way to copy my existing digital games like FE over to the new card?

Schmitty

I may have to cancel my Amazon preorder and get this on digital, since I don't know if amazon will have this shipped on Saturday. Those bastards.

Yeah, game comes out on Saturday + federal holiday on Monday mean no release day shipping.

TEAM BLUE VERSION

I guess I'm going after...

Froakie ->
Skiddo ->
Sandile ->
Hawlucha (LUCHADOR YES)
Charmander ->
Amaura ->

I need to cover another base, but that's what Pokecenters are for. I mean, I got a Luchador, an ninja, a Dealwithit Gator, and a maaaaaaaaaaaagic sauropod; there can't be too much I can't handle.

Dead

well not really...yet
The move to 3d, non grid movement, character customization, etc might make this the first Pokemon I play and enjoy since gold/silver

My team's gonna be:

Chespin's final form
Helioptile's final form
Hawlucha if it isn't a one-stager
Malamar
Honedge's final form
Some Water-type

I'm gonna stop you all with the might of my incredibly balanced team.

DaBoss

I just know I'm going to have this Fennekin's final form on my team. My team is definitely going to change as my adventure goes on.

Sandfox

Isn't posting teams kinda spoiling the game for people when you guys are posting Pokemon that haven't been announced?

how can i transfer pokemon from diamond and pearl to x and y? I don't have black and white

Trade to someone and have them transfer for you.

DaBoss

Isn't posting teams kinda spoiling the game for people when you guys are posting Pokemon that haven't been announced?

Some reviewer spoiled that specific one already, but I kinda see what you mean since not everyone may not know.

DigitalOp

Banned
I dont wanna be that guy but...

Is anybody getting Red & Blue feels?

Im getting Red & Blue feels.

Some reviewer spoiled that specific one already, but I kinda see what you mean since not everyone may not know.

Is leak info fair game in the OT when this launchs Friday night?

JoeM86

Is leak info fair game in the OT when this launchs Friday night?

I'd assume spoilertag still, but from 15:00 UTC Friday when the first region gets it on the eShop, it's fairgame to post, but still spoilertag to not spoil people. Common courtesy

Pachimari

Can somebody send me a PM with the link to the starters final evolutions? I only found the first evolution on Serebii which had already been announced.

Anyway, I can imagine I'm going retro with half of my team and having:

- Froakie
- Charmander
- Snivy
- Mewtwo

They have all been officially announced.

I have always had a soft spot for Sandshrew and now i regret having sold Black & White because of my Celebii.

And nope, I don't have Red and Blue vibes, I had those with Gen 5 though.

Do we have a specific thread for transferring and organizing battles with each other?

Caladrius

Wouldn't names be somewhat OK as long as pictures aren't shown?

The problem with that is that some of the pokemon's names give away something big, like
Doublade's
evo or
Clauncher's
evo.

And I would suggest not having a spoiler avatar.

Wouldn't names be somewhat OK as long as pictures aren't shown?

Speaking for myself, I've seen the leaks that I cared to see (starter's final evos) and beyond that I want to be completely blind.
I have no desire to know how many newbies are in the game and I really want to be surprised when I see new Pokémon.
A lot of the time you can get a fair image of what a Pokémon's type and basic appearance will be from a name anyway.

I know I'd appreciate spoiler tags for non-official reveals at the very least.

DaBoss

The problem with that is that some of the pokemon's names give away something big, like
Doublade's
evo or
Clauncher's
evo.

Speaking for myself, I've seen the leaks that I cared to see (starter's final evos) and beyond that I want to be completely blind.
I have no desire to know how many newbies are in the game and I really want to be surprised when I see new Pokémon.
A lot of the time you can get a fair image of what a Pokémon's type and basic appearance will be from a name anyway.

I know I'd appreciate spoiler tags for non-official reveals at the very least.

Yea, that's true. I think the best solution would be this:

Add a pre-face to which point in the game they are in and then spoiler tag the Pokemon they have. That way anyone who is past that point can know whether they can click it or not.

Thoughts?

harmonize

Considering many of the design choices about the games, from the Kanto starters being obtainable to a plethora of the megas, channeling that vibe was probably intentional on Nintendo and Gamefreak's part.

Already finished Dark Phoenix saga in X-Men TAS... Still a week to go before release :(

I know that feel bro. Got a bunch of comics, and tv shows to watch to kill a week. Even worse there are no classes on Monday/Tuesday to kill several hours of my day, UGH Wed~Friday is going to be long as crap!

zroid

Banned
I think the best solution would be to just do time delayed spoilers. For the first week, spoiler tag literally everything that could be considered a spoiler. Second week, just use consideration. Spoiler names of late-game Pokémon and locations, allow early game stuff to go untagged. If people are gonna start playing 1-2 weeks after release, and then come into the OT and bitch about early game spoilers, well tough pickles. Maybe embedded pictures of spoilery things can stay off-limits until the 3rd week after release. And so on.

So I may be joining #TeamY only because I'm being asked to balance out between four of my friends who are getting X and three others who are getting Y.

Sad thing is none of us have any plans on picking Bulbasuar as our Kanto pokemon.

My potential team
Chesnaught (Nicknamed Jaegernut)
Mawile
Auroros
Goodra
Skrelp evo
Aerodactyl(may change with another flying type)

Caladrius

Spoilerrrrrrs.

sticker,375x360.u1.png

So I've decided to buy X on Saturday, probably from Target. Then in a couple weeks I'll get Y digitally. From what I read, this will take up 16,000 blocks? I don't have enough space on my SD card either LOL, so I'll have to purchase a bigger card before getting Y.

Ultimately though I'm #TeamX!

DigitalOp

Banned
I'd assume spoilertag still, but from 15:00 UTC Friday when the first region gets it on the eShop, it's fairgame to post, but still spoilertag to not spoil people. Common courtesy

Yes, but put it behind spoiler tags.

I am getting Ruby & Sapphire feels tbh. Something about X&Y feels very... Gen III-ish.

So, no avatars of 'leaked' Pokémon after the 12th? :/

Considering many of the design choices about the games, from the Kanto starters being obtainable to a plethora of the megas, channeling that vibe was probably intentional on Nintendo and Gamefreak's part.

Doublade's
evo or
Clauncher's
evo.

Sounds perfectly fair. 6 more days ladies & gentleman. Let the catching commence.

I know some of you speed demons are gonna run through the game like madmen. Me, however, I'm taking my time keeping a good pace.

I expect frequent trading activity and battles from this OT. Do not let me down, Lol.

Also why did people add their name to the OT list but not their friend codes? Whats the point of that?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have zero idea which Pokemon I'm using aside from Froakie and Charmander. I don't really know which Pokemon will be available on which routes, so I can't plan much beyond that. And that's cool with me! I like keeping it mostly spontaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom