• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
Holy crap, (post 3rd Gym spoilers)
the game seriously just gives you a free Lucario with it's Mega Stone?
Not that I'm complaining of course.

Javier

You challenged the poor guy with an overleveled team of 6 Pokémon and doesn't want him to "suck"? :p
Thing is... I haven't even been grinding. I just make sure to battle everyone as I go through a route, but I get the feeling this game is giving out too much exp.

But I still think Rock Pokemon in general are kinda bad. They have too many common weaknesses.

I got a fucking Haunter for a scatterbug in Wonder Trade and it Evolved into a Gengar. Holy Shit I feel so bad, but the other person is either really nice or stupid.

Holy crap, (post 3rd Gym spoilers)
the game seriously just gives you a free Lucario with it's Mega Stone?
Not that I'm complaining of course.
I was a little sad since I love
Lucario
, but didn't need two fighting pokemon. Pangoro is too boss.

Looking for Helioptile from North America. (dem european names)

Anyone have one and want to trade? Apparently you can find it at Route 9.

Thanks!

Been playing for a few hours now, past the 1st gym on my way to the second I think. Team's currently Frogadier, Pansage, Pancham, Litleo, Fletchinder, and Pikachu. Having a load of fun although I still don't know half the extra stuff. Wonder Trade? Pokemon Amie? Super Training? Nope. Just wandering around catching Pokemon aw yeah.

I want a Lucario though. Pancham is definitely my favorite of the new Pokemon so far. It's adorable.

Vire

Have to backtrack to the town right before Reflection Cave and go into a building in the south east of town. Talk to the scientists there, then take the exit east out of town and go from there.

You skipped fighting Team Flare.

Wait, Reflection Cave?... Do you mean connection cave?

Which town exactly? :lol

Sorry.

I got a female, Jolly Bulbasaur from the Prof. and was wondering if its a keeper or not. I want to breed the bulbasaur into one that has the Chloroform bonus or whatever. I tried reading up on pokemon breeding, but it seems every Gen has subtle differences and I can't really make sense of all of it (I stopped playing after Ruby). Does the EV or IV transfer from this bulbasaur to the new one? Should I bother leveling/EV training this bulbasaur if I'm only going to use it for breeding?

I've heard a lot of people say that this game doesn't look very visually appealing. Are they not looking at the same game as me? Because it looks stunning. I guess the compression in youtube videos can make it look a lot different.

Zelias

Banned
I got a fucking Haunter for a scatterbug in Wonder Trade and it Evolved into a Gengar. Holy Shit I feel so bad, but the other person is either really nice or stupid.
Haunter is fairly common in the wild on Route 14. The person you traded with may well be pretty generous but I'm not sure they're stupid.

Cool to know that Wonder Trade can trigger trade evolutions though.

HigXx

Is there really Mareep on Route 12? I've been looking for nearly an hour and all I'm seeing is Miltank's shaking their udders at me...

I've heard a lot of people say that this game doesn't look very visually appealing. Are they not looking at the same game as me? Because it looks stunning. I guess the compression in youtube videos can make it look a lot different.

?

Battles are fine, but the overworld isn't really graphically impressive to me. Pretty ugly even.

Haunter is fairly common in the wild on Route 14. The person you traded with may well be pretty generous but I'm not sure they're stupid.

Cool to know that Wonder Trade can trigger trade evolutions though.

Oh alright then. I now have an overpowered Gengar sitting in my box though. Hmmm.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The online portion of this is so great. I've already found some nice folks to trade with, and last night I had multiple randoms I was exchanging O-Power with. It's super helpful. Reminds me of rooting people on in P4G.

Abra seems to be way easier to catch this time around. Snagged the second one I encountered. I already got him up to a Kadabra, if anyone wants to trade to get him to Alakazam that would be cool. I don't plan on using him on my team, I just want to fill out as much of the dex as I can.

Overworld is weird, it's huge and vibrant but if you look close at any element it's not too great, like a souped up DS game. Battles are something else though, and I guess that's what's really important. Each Pokemon is beautifully animated and modelled, and it looks stunning.

Growlie19

Beat the third gym and got evos like crazy. My team is now Greninja, Raichu, Charizard, Floette, and Gogoat, with Lucario taking up the open slot for now. This game is too addicting for my own good.

Proven

Ok, so it's downloading on my 3DS right now. X version because fairy types are the new ultimate fuck you to dragons. I blame GAF for 50% of this purchasing decision. 50% goes to my poor money habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom