• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

I got a female, Jolly Bulbasaur from the Prof. and was wondering if its a keeper or not. I want to breed the bulbasaur into one that has the Chloroform bonus or whatever. I tried reading up on pokemon breeding, but it seems every Gen has subtle differences and I can't really make sense of all of it (I stopped playing after Ruby). Does the EV or IV transfer from this bulbasaur to the new one? Should I bother leveling/EV training this bulbasaur if I'm only going to use it for breeding?

Timid is better. Venusaur's Special attack is far better than its physical. EV's don't transfer, but up to 2 of the Bulbasaur's IVs will. (3 IVs are randomly inherited from both of the Parents, the other 3 are completely Random.) If you're going to use the bulbasaur for breeding you're going to want to know what IV's it has, which means you'll have to know how many EV's are put into each stat and be high-leveled enough to get reliable figures from an IV calculator. If you want reliable numbers you're going to have to super/EV train it so it doesn't gain any unknown EV's from level grinding.(or snag a reset bag from super training to wipe its EV's at endgame.)

Guys what early Pokémon can I teach False Swipe to?

083.png

The GOAT.

Robin64

Scatterbugs from Wonder Trade are excellent. I got a Korean one and levelled it to become Vivillon to see if the patterns come from the region it evolves or the region the Scatterbug was caught.

(It's the latter, so I got the Continental pattern where my own are Garden pattern)

Korean left, UK right.
666-c.png
666-g.png

Zornack

I just started, so far it's pretty great, but why are the colors of the Pokemon so dull? I caught a Pikachu in the forest and not really so much yellow as a pale off-white.

Woffls

083.png

The GOAT.
Aww yiiss already caught one (and got one from a trade). Cheers dawg.

Also, has the behaviour of Exp Share changed? It seems to distribute evenly amongst the team, and I can't give it to a single Pokémon to hold :( Making it quite difficult to level up my Pikachu because he's bloody rubbish.

Matchew

Can somebody tell me when you get the T-Rex fossil in the game? Really want to add him to my team but if it's too late in the main game I'll go with a different Pokemon.

Timid is better. Venusaur's Special attack is far better than its physical. EV's don't transfer, but up to 2 of the Bulbasaur's IVs will. (3 IVs are randomly inherited from both of the Parents, the other 3 are completely Random.) If you're going to use the bulbasaur for breeding you're going to want to know what IV's it has, which means you'll have to know how many EV's are put into each stat and be high-leveled enough to get reliable figures from an IV calculator. If you want reliable numbers you're going to have to super/EV train it so it doesn't gain any unknown EV's from level grinding.(or snag a reset bag from super training to wipe its EV's at endgame.)

Thanks for the quick response, so what do you advise I do now, since I'm basically stuck after the Professor battle because I don't know what to do. Seems like I should EV train all the way to see if the IVs are good and if it is continue, if not reset?

Randdalf

Aww yiiss already caught one (and got one from a trade). Cheers dawg.

Also, has the behaviour of Exp Share changed? It seems to distribute evenly amongst the team, and I can't give it to a single Pokémon to hold :( Making it quite difficult to level up my Pikachu because he's bloody rubbish.

It gives half exp to all the other Pokemon, just like it used to with one. I believe the Pokemon involved in the battle all get full exp now as well.

I feel like X and Y are more the same than Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow. There are some minor differences which you can easily google and it all comes down to which final/ mega evo you prefer.

Just gave someone a Heracross on WT and got a Pikachu. It doesn't really matter because I'm breeding Heracross anyway but people aren't exactly risky on it. Everyone's trying to screw each other over.

Picking this up later. X or Y? Never played a pokemon game before.

I have always decided which version to get based off of the legendary on the boxart. There's a few Pokemon you can only get in each version but you can trade for those, other than that, both games are the same.

I was in team X and going with Fennekin. While team building in line, I realize I have to make use of a free Torchic... So I will Have Froakie Torchic and Bulbasaur; I'll get fennekin post game anyway.

I was getting X for Dragonzard, so I got Y at the last possible second... Only to realize how much I wanted Xerneas. Yvetal is "Cooler" IMO but pure fairy Legendary... :( I think I'll be looking for a swap if anyone would be willing :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still have no idea what Im doing with Super Training. D:

So basically the stats that get raised higher pushes the pokemons stats in that direction during level up?

Also is there any particular reason to get the medals in each category?

hemtae

I was in team X and going with Fennekin. While team building in line, I realize I have to make use of a free Torchic... So I will Have Froakie Torchic and Bulbasaur; I'll get fennekin post game anyway.

I was getting X for Dragonzard, so I got Y at the last possible second... Only to realize how much I wanted Xerneas. Yvetal is "Cooler" IMO but pure fairy Legendary... :( I think I'll be looking for a swap if anyone would be willing :(

I think if you go with Froakie, then you'll be getting Chespin in the post game.

fek

I love O-Power. The fact that it costs less to give it to other players, kinda reminds me of cheering in DQX. I really feel inclined to go around sending O-Power to everyone I know.

Kiraly

Just gave someone a Heracross on WT and got a Pikachu. It doesn't really matter because I'm breeding Heracross anyway but people aren't exactly risky on it. Everyone's trying to screw each other over.

Give it some time, I'd say 80% isn't even past the half of the game. People haven't got many Pokemon, and even less Pokemon they can throw away. Trades will be much more diverse two weeks in.

OMG, anyone that's maxed out their Pokemon's happiness in Pokemon Amie... it's so adorable. My Delphox turns to look at me as my in-game self gives words of encouragement... it also just survived a hit from Payback with 1 HP so it could show its "tough side to me." Love this game.

I still have no idea what Im doing with Super Training. D:

So basically the stats that get raised higher pushes the pokemons stats in that direction during level up?

Yep! As tedious as it sounds, and Pokemon you are plannign to keep til endgame should be EV trained to the max in 2 stats you want if you want them to gain the optimal amount of stats as they level. If you are playing more casually then it doesnt matter at all and you can ignore it altogether.

KHlover

Banned
Yep! As tedious as it sounds, and Pokemon you are plannign to keep til endgame should be EV trained to the max in 2 stats you want if you want them to gain the optimal amount of stats as they level. If you are playing more casually then it doesnt matter at all and you can ignore it altogether.

But that would mean missing the awesome minigame D:
Especially the hidden challenges are awesome!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Thanks for the reply. Hmm so basically its only two stats then? So rounding things out has no real purpose then from the sounds of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom