• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the wonder trade for the first time yesterday where I lobbed someone a Haunter so they could have the novelty of evolution after the trade. Just now I noticed that their shout out today is Mega Gengar related, i'm unusually happy about how that might be the Haunter I sent taking on that role.

Thanks for the reply. Hmm so basically its only two stats then? So rounding things out has no real purpose then from the sounds of that?

Rounding things out is probably the worst thing you can do, as you want pokemon to be speciallized. Since most if not all pokemon have specialties whether its attack or special attack you usually want to focus on that to maximize your pokemons potential. And the reason its 2 stats is because the max EV you can get for a stat is ~252 or something, which means you max out your total EV after 2 stats and 4-6 in a random one.

Went with X. Reminds me of Princess Mononoke. Feels more mysterious and graceful as a legendary Pokemon.

The flying Pokemon in Y is cool but I already chased after Lugia. Been there done that.

brinstar

shinydweb.jpg

YES!! Caught me a shiny Dwebble!! Adamant natured too!!

Sorian

Banned
Hmm, I'm confused. Do EVs matter when a mon is leveling? Or are they just stat boosters that apply once you get them. Basically, would it be advantageous to have attack EV maxed out on someone before you start really leveling them or would it be the same as if you had put all the points into that EV when they were lvl 100?

Regiruler

I love O-Power. The fact that it costs less to give it to other players, kinda reminds me of cheering in DQX. I really feel inclined to go around sending O-Power to everyone I know.

I constantly send it off to random strangers.

I have yet to have a power level-up though.

6klxkkPDB5NifJFF3p28WZG65vnr0.jpg

This is the stats of the Bulbasaur I got so far, I know the EV isn't optimal, but if I'm planning on breeding it, is it a keeper? It's female if it makes any difference.

Wiz

Any Swirlix users out there? When is a decent level to evolve it to Slurpuff? I don't want to miss out on any moves.

This is the stats of the Bulbasaur I got so far, I know the EV isn't optimal, but if I'm planning on breeding it, is it a keeper? It's female if it makes any difference.

It's obviously got a spectacular speed IV, but the others are still up in the air. Remember none of our mons right now are metagame worthy. That will take alot of breeding. But breeders need pokemon like yours, with 30-31 speed IV stats and such

Dr. Buni

Definitely Defense for one, I'd say attack as the other.

Nice, thanks! Attack is almost maxed already, but I was unsure about the second stat.

Any Swirlix users out there? When is a decent level to evolve it to Slurpuff? I don't want to miss out on any moves.

Aromatisse kept learning moves after I evolved he, so I guess the same is valid for Slurpuff. Just evolve it.

Sorian

Banned
So, someone explain Ralts to me. A lot of people talk of it like its godly but I don't know how this mon works. Seems weak but from how slow it levels I'm getting the vibe that it becomes a beast if I do something right.

And Quote for now page:

Hmm, I'm confused. Do EVs matter when a mon is leveling? Or are they just stat boosters that apply once you get them. Basically, would it be advantageous to have attack EV maxed out on someone before you start really leveling them or would it be the same as if you had put all the points into that EV when they were lvl 100?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I can't believe how good this game (talking about Y) is. The interface is great, even if I'd add a few more features to save one or two clicks. Being able to quickly access the last used item is extremely useful when going on a Pokemon hunt. And I love being able to drag monsters and attacks to reorder them (don't know if this was also featured in the DS games).

The music is amazing too. I would have never imagined that a Pokemon game's soundtrack would sound like this. That said, I don't like the sound produced when bumping my character into a wall, it's annoying.

Man, I haven't even made it past the first area and this game is just handing out the elemental types. My starter is water-type and I've already captured a grass and fire-type. Usually I have just normal, bird and bug-types at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom