• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted my PokeTeam yet.

Here's mine.

Raichu: 54
Talonflame: 48
Tyrantrum: 48
Charizard(Hades): 48
Aegislash(Excalibur): 48
Greninja(Zoro): 48

I wish my game didn't die when it did.

This is probably my worst start on a Pokemon game ever. I have 3 lvl 50's, and the other 3 are in there 30's lvling up. The bad part is that my 3 Pokemon I have can be destroyed against a Fighting or Electric type easily.

I might need to take some time and lvl up a few other Pokemon. I was using pangoro before but I had too many Dark Pokemon and had to change him for Machop.

Also if anyone encounters Misdreavus plz inform me. I've been looking for it for hrs now.

I would obviously like to have a good all-round team, and if some of you vets would like to comment on it, and make suggestions for good candidates to make improvement on the team I would be a very happy pokeman. Of the captured pokemons that I have stored, and that I think looks interesting, I have Psyduck, Honedge, Roselia, Skiddo, Furfrou, Scraggy, Kecleon, Ducklett, Volveat and Meditite.

I usually like to keep a fire type in my lineup and I don't see one in yours (although I could be forgetting something if one of those is fire). I like Litleo a lot. It knows burn, which is effective against grass types and has lingering effects. I believe you can catch him/her in the
central Kalos
region in some of the trails. I don't remember where I got mine though.

Just my $0.02. I'm by no means an expert though :)

Aytrial

Haven't posted my PokeTeam yet.

Here's mine.

Raichu: 54
Talonflame: 48
Tyrantrum: 48
Charizard(Hades): 48
Aegislash(Excalibur): 48
Greninja(Zoro): 48

I wish my game didn't die when it did.

My team has absolutely no logic to it (I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby/Sapphire):

Gabite: 46
Charizard: 59
Pidgeot: 53
Espeon: 51
Greninja: 55
Diggersby: 49 (HM Slave)

Sanic

You have to know the EV's of the pokemon you're fighting first. No one's discovered any EV training grounds yet so I wouldn't try it the conventional way until then.

Natures are independent of IVs and EVs. They're an additional modifier that boosts (red on stat screen) and lowers (blue) stats.

Thanks. I'd like to get into this if only because the game is becoming wayyyy too easy (my team of 5 are all almost lvl 30 before the second gym) so it's just a matter of finding that ditto from what i've been reading.

I love it when these games have battles you can do and re-do for experience. Usually I pick a Pokemon from the wild and treat it as a starter, then go on a secondary adventure. I think I may do this with Abra this time around (chose him back in RBY/FRLG as well...)... maybe Machop after that. It's glorious that my three favorite types are Fire, Psychic and Fighting~

Mik317

I'm really close to starting over for no damn reason lol.

I realized that I now want to use Torchic...but with Delphox, I really can't (I don't like having too many of the same types. I am no gym leader).

But that would be silly to throw away 20 hours of gameplay.

ah this is what a great game does to me...makes me stupidily OCD about things.

Love it

What's the fastest way to level up your mon that are getting left behind a little bit? Is it just random fights or is Audino in this game?

- EXP Share that you get after
the first gym
has been nice.
- There's a day care right after
you wake up Snorlax
if you're looking to drop off one or two to level up outside of your main team.

Those are the two things I'm using and it's going pretty well so far.

Aytrial

How do you get different hairstyles? I can only get short, bobcut, medium, and long. Not twintails :(

You have to be wearing some clothing from the city's boutique. After that, you just keep getting your hair cut and eventually she'll be "mesmerised" by your appearance and offer two new options (ponytail and pigtails).

gazele

Banned
I love it when these games have battles you can do and re-do for experience. Usually I pick a Pokemon from the wild and treat it as a starter, then go on a secondary adventure. I think I may do this with Abra this time around (chose him back in RBY/FRLG as well...)... maybe Machop after that. It's glorious that my three favorite types are Fire, Psychic and Fighting~

What battles can you re-do? Is it only post-game?

Heyt

Banned
I have trouble getting the stone that
will resurect Aerodactyl.
I've broken countless rocks on the beack but it hasn't appeared yet...

Rnr1224

Which trainers can be fought multiple times?

The ralts encounter rate is damn hard but hey let me put you three male ralts in a row then let me put rut a female ralts with synchonize who will die with a tackle critical hit and wait for 100 encounter to meet more male ralts.

This is gonna take a while.

trixx

Beat the game it was alright way too easy. Where do i find alakazite? and whats up with legendaries onlie =/.

The best part of the game is online system and customizing character

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I usually like to keep a fire type in my lineup and I don't see one in yours (although I could be forgetting something if one of those is fire). I like Litleo a lot. It knows burn, which is effective against grass types and has lingering effects. I believe you can catch him/her in the
central Kalos
region in some of the trails. I don't remember where I got mine though.

Just my $0.02. I'm by no means an expert though :)

Thanks, I started with Fennekin
which is now evolved into Braixen
so I'm good on the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom