• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixx

Guys, this is the first time I'll have to ignore the sarter. Frogadier is.too weak and.doesn't have a decent movepool. If by the time it evolves it doesn't get better, then I'll change it for someone better.

Yes, I'm serious, and it hurts to say this.

night slash and extrasensory + speed i guess =/

also where is rock smash =/.

MGengar + ditto oh god

I don;t think these have been posted yet so I thought I'd make some Avatars out of an awesome piece of art I saw.

pbQYYER.jpg

Grab them while they are hot people :D

i'll take the blastoise

Still not very far into the game, as I only beat the first gym last night and then caught a Pikachu.

Currently just leveling up before I move onto the next town.

I'm really enjoying this version of Pokemon a lot more than I thought I would. Plus it's fun seeing the dynamic camera angles during a battle.

gazele

Banned
I'm mostly talking about the Chateau. According to Serebii, you can re-fight some
Gym Leaders there.
Sorry about the confusion!

No worries, just curious, I'm leveling a second team right now, skrelp (super slow and kinda sucky so far), sylveon (evolved at level 20 wat wat, awesome so far), machop (to evolve and then trade), carbink (mostly to see evolution), vespiqueen (never had one before), and espurr

So I'm looking for some lower level stuff to fight against

One of my favorite things about Gen 3 that I don't think they've repeated were those trainers you could fight over and over and they'd get stronger every time

Its crazy how there are so many Pokemon per route you can easily miss out on things when travelling on a route. On route 10 I totally missed Eevee...

What's the point of pokemon having items on them?
Berries can heal status effects as soon as you get hit by them. Other items give useful effects like Amulet coin gives you double prize money from trainers if the holder took part in the battle (this+prize money O-power will end any money issues).

There are the mega evolution stones but that is fairly obvious. Some effects are species exclusive like the light orb gives Pikachu double special attack while the thick club and stick give Cubone (and marrowak) and Farfetch'd double attack, respectively.

Basically read the in-game descriptions.

Guys, this is the first time I'll have to ignore the sarter. Frogadier is.too weak and.doesn't have a decent movepool. If by the time it evolves it doesn't get better, then I'll change it for someone better.

This is the first time I boxed my starter too. None of the final evos look interesting and Charizard filled up his spot.

Crossposting because thread is so damn fast! :) sorry

I'm a total pokemon noob, this is my first game, but have been playing a good bit since Friday, so I have a couple of questions.

1) What sort of things, beside story/plot twists, is considered to be a spoiler? I see name of pokemons flying around so I assume that is safe?? It's kinda hard to know for a newcomer...

2) Game wise, I'm now at Ambrette, with a playtime of 8:30 and Pokedex 75. I have only been to one gym, but on the bright side I was made a Viscount at the snob club (lol).

The team:
Braixen 31 - feels horribly overpowered at this point, instakills most stuff apart from water/fire
Ivysaur 25
Raichu 29
Panpour 22
Pancham 21
Pidgeotto 25

I like Braixen, Ivysaur and Raichu a lot. Panpour I keep only for water, but I find him kind of dull, Pancham is my false swiper, cutter, smasher and over all handyman. Pidgeotto is pretty meh to me, but an ok damager I guess.

I would obviously like to have a good all-round team, and if some of you vets would like to comment on it, and make suggestions for good candidates to make improvement on the team I would be a very happy pokeman. Of the captured pokemons that I have stored, and that I think looks interesting, I have Psyduck, Honedge, Roselia, Skiddo, Furfrou, Scraggy, Kecleon, Ducklett, Volveat and Meditite.

3) I have a feeling I should have reached at least the second gym by now? Am I doing it wrong?

Sorry for the long post, or if I forgot to spoiler-tag something, but question have sort of piled on since I was banned during the weekend :eek:

Oh, yeah, the game is awesome and addictive! The battle part of it is pretty much as good as it gets in a jrpg. The story is about what I expect from a japanese rpg. But all the different types, the moves, and the elements make battling really complex and interesting. On the downside it's a bit on the easy side so far (should maybe turn off EXP share?). Braixen kills everything in battles, and the biggest problem about catching pmons is them dying way too often. :/

hmm im not exactly an expert but in my opinion u should look into a fighting type pokemon since they tend to be fairly diverse (meditite is a fairly decent choice) honestly i also feel the monkeys arent really that great so dropping them might not be a bad idea to replace them for some more versatile grass and water types pokemon like skiddo are fairly versatile and can cover a lot of weaknesses. Honedge is also another decent pokemon i would recommend using as its typing is fairly awesome.

As for how your playing just enjoy the game at your pace there is really no right or wrong when playing and using your favorite designs is also half the fun of the game

No worries, just curious, I'm leveling a second team right now, skrelp (super slow and kinda sucky so far), sylveon (evolved at level 20 wat wat, awesome so far), machop (to evolve and then trade), carbink (mostly to see evolution), vespiqueen (never had one before), and espurr

One of my favorite things about Gen 3 that I don't think they've repeated were those trainers you could fight over and over and they'd get stronger every time

You can fight the weaker people at the Chateau - the Barons and Baronesses that keep showing up.
Low class scum.

ramyeon

Does anyone know if you can get the Metal Coat needed to evolve Scyther in Y? A lot of people are saying it was in the Pokeball Factory in X but I can't find it at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is there any trick to finding a white Flabebe? I've seen every colour except that one, are they really rare?

honestly once it evolves it becomes a bit better as it learns water shuriken(i think his moveset is shallower judging by what my friend is telling me, at least shallower than fennekins) Id say stick with it until 3rd evo at least and see what happens

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there any trick to finding a white Flabebe? I've seen every colour except that one, are they really rare?
Seems to be something like in Animal Crossing where you need to find two specific flower colors and hope to spot the Flabebe there

SeZMehK

I thought carbink didnt evolve...

Trey

So just throwing a potion on one will make them use it when they need it?

Pokemon won't use items like that. They'll use berries when they need it if you have them hold one, but not things like Full Heal or Super Potion. Those have to be applied by the trainer.

Sadist

Wait, who was responsible for the translation? I laughed hard about the following dude telling something about Oak's grandkid. (In the Pokémon Center before the fifth gym). "Yeah Professor Oak's grandchild came here to Kalos to study abroad. He nailed everything including "bonjour!", but everytime he left he kept saying "smell ya later!"

Just beat the sixth gym. My team right now;

Tyrantrum lvl 40
Talonflame lvl 40
Ampharos lvl 40 (dat mega evo)
Gogoat lvl 40
Charizard lvl 43
Greninja lvl 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom