• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Nice, thanks.

So has these training mini-games essentially replaced EV training? I never had the patience for that stuff.

Well they make it much easier and more entertaining than just grinding. You can still do it the old fashioned way, but its replaced that for me.

Just dont forget to get reset bags by beating up the default punching bag.

I have 4 level 1 adamant natured Scythers to give away, let me know if you're interested :)

Ermagawd, I'd be up for a Scyther.

I don't have anything to offer in return though. :(

I'd be up for one!

Eh, I can offer you a Skrelp, might you have X. :p

I'd love one too, but don't really have anything to give either :v

Cheers! Let me catch one real quick.

My FC is: 2766 - 8404 - 4880

Can you save me one? Im at work till 4 :/

One for me please?

Guys, I love you. But I asked first and I think you missed me...really wanted that scyther.

ramyeon

Aight, my FC 1822-0053-1708 and my trainer name is Reya.

I'd love one too, but don't really have anything to give either :v

Cheers! Let me catch one real quick.

My FC is: 2766 - 8404 - 4880

Can you save me one? Im at work till 4 :/

One for me please?

Guys, I love you. But I asked first and I think you missed me...really wanted that scyther.
Wow! Haha bad news guys... My internet is dead. Must be an ISP issue. It's 2am here so I'll probably be off for the night. Good news, I'll have enough for everyone tomorrow when the Internet is good to go again. So if you could all PM me that'd be great! We can work out a time tomorrow to do the trades :)

Krakn3Dfx

Dammit.

Never got into one before but I sat down with Pokemon Y yesterday for like 10 minutes just to check it out, annd suddenly it was 2 hours later.

Picked up X and Y for my son since TRU was having the B1G1 40% off thing and he had a $40 TRU gift card from his last birthday party. May end up buying myself a 2DS so I have my own system to play Y on while he plays X.

Shoyz

I'm really close to starting over for no damn reason lol.

I realized that I now want to use Torchic...but with Delphox, I really can't (I don't like having too many of the same types. I am no gym leader).

You can probably trade Delphox for another max-evo starter.

Camjo-Z

i tried to make dedenne work i honestly did

The fact that it learns Rest and Snore is enough of a joke already considering it gets 2HKO'd by anything guaranteed, but then they give it nothing worthwhile other than Electric-type moves. Even Pachirisu was able to make himself useful on my D/P team by sneaking in a Super Fang or Sweet Kiss here and there.

Azure J

Crossposting:

OK, so I made a fuck load of progress last night before KOing for sleep. Thoughts:

- Last night was so awesome. Traded a bunch of Eevee's I didn't want to keep for essentially perfect natured Ralts, an Eevee with the nature I spent most of the evening obsessing over (which shortly became its best Eeveelution - Jolteon), and then managed to snag a Charmander for late game breeding shenanigans. Who woulda guessed Eevees had that much sway in the economy? :p

All this totally made up for my horrible luck last night.

- I really like how "big" Kalos is without being empty/boring. The trek from the 2nd gym leader to the 3rd ws great, I have all my 'mon fully evolved and shit.

- Greninja is my favorite water type ever now. Oh man, some of the little details are too good like his reaction getting hit with Swagger, Surf randomly destroying backdrops, etc.

- Shoutouts to Kirlia coming in about 4 levels under the Pokemon in the fighting type gym, soloing the fuck out of everything in there and becoming Gardevoir before the leader herself only to completely wreck house with just Confusion. (I love special attackers so much.)

- Finally got to try mega evolutions. The fight to get them was hype (that theme song change).

- Mega. Blaziken. Is. Fucking. Absurddddddddddd. For context:

My Blaziken @ lvl 41:

Atk: 138
Def: 74
Sp. A: 91
Sp. D: 73
Speed: 106

M-Blaziken's stat buffs:

Atk: 171
Def: 82
Sp. A: 107
Sp. D: 82
Speed: 124

g717b8273.png
g717b8273.png
g717b8273.png

Now I'm all the more upset I couldn't nickname it X-Factor.

RomanceDawn

Well they make it much easier and more entertaining than just grinding. You can still do it the old fashioned way, but its replaced that for me.

Just dont forget to get reset bags by beating up the default punching bag.

Do the reset bags essentially take away EV's you don't want?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I was handing out O-Powers to random passersby, when I saw a guy with the tag (or phrase) "ur dog dead lol". I have no idea why, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I laughed. A lot.

I love this game.

I think I'm stuck, after the part where you move the
Snorlax
, there are the two entrances to the caves. The bottom one doesn't seem to lead anywhere, and the top cave has boulders blocking the paths.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Crossposting because thread is so damn fast! :) sorry

I'm a total pokemon noob, this is my first game, but have been playing a good bit since Friday, so I have a couple of questions.

1) What sort of things, beside story/plot twists, is considered to be a spoiler? I see name of pokemons flying around so I assume that is safe?? It's kinda hard to know for a newcomer...

2) Game wise, I'm now at Ambrette, with a playtime of 8:30 and Pokedex 75. I have only been to one gym, but on the bright side I was made a Viscount at the snob club (lol).

The team:
Braixen 31 - feels horribly overpowered at this point, instakills most stuff apart from water/fire
Ivysaur 25
Raichu 29
Panpour 22
Pancham 21
Pidgeotto 25

I like Braixen, Ivysaur and Raichu a lot. Panpour I keep only for water, but I find him kind of dull, Pancham is my false swiper, cutter, smasher and over all handyman. Pidgeotto is pretty meh to me, but an ok damager I guess.

I would obviously like to have a good all-round team, and if some of you vets would like to comment on it, and make suggestions for good candidates to make improvement on the team I would be a very happy pokeman. Of the captured pokemons that I have stored, and that I think looks interesting, I have Psyduck, Honedge, Roselia, Skiddo, Furfrou, Scraggy, Kecleon, Ducklett, Volveat and Meditite.

3) I have a feeling I should have reached at least the second gym by now? Am I doing it wrong?

Sorry for the long post, or if I forgot to spoiler-tag something, but question have sort of piled on since I was banned during the weekend :eek:

Oh, yeah, the game is awesome and addictive! The battle part of it is pretty much as good as it gets in a jrpg. The story is about what I expect from a japanese rpg. But all the different types, the moves, and the elements make battling really complex and interesting. On the downside it's a bit on the easy side so far (should maybe turn off EXP share?). Braixen kills everything in battles, and the biggest problem about catching pmons is them dying way too often. :/

Snorlax
, there are the two entrances to the caves. The bottom one doesn't seem to lead anywhere, and the top cave has boulders blocking the paths.
You're suppose to take the bottom path and head South generally when you exit

Zebra

I'm sure this question has been asked before, so I apologize... but is there any way for me to NOT be wearing a hat in this game??

BraXzy

I don;t think these have been posted yet so I thought I'd make some Avatars out of an awesome piece of art I saw.

pbQYYER.jpg

KSGGW0d.jpg

Grab them while they are hot people :D

I'm jumping into the metagame this gen, wish me luck. Haven't bought the game yet, so I might set up a team of killers now... or just let it happen naturally.

Teknoman

Snorlax

The bottom is a straight path, just hang near the lower end.

Teknoman

This might sound kinda superficial but I really like how multicultural Pokemon is now. Of course that also drives home the point to others that the first few games were essentially the Pokemon universe version of Japanese regions.

rexor0717

This game is more addictive than I anticipated. Anyways, I went in deep with my charizard, and now it just cleans up every battle as a mega. I love it! There is so much to do in this game, I can see myself playing for a long time. I want to raise up the ideal team after I beat the elite 4.

ivysaur12

Banned
Three questions:

-- How do I become "cool" enough to enter the Ghost House? I was stopped by someone saying I wasn't cool enough.

-- Where's the best place to find Heart Scales for the move relearner?

-- Does anyone have a Togepi they want to trade?

Stuart444

So while folks are connected to the internet, does anyone randomly get "Connection interrupted" or something every so often. Without closing the lid or pressing home, just by walking around/battling/etc, it seems to happen randomly.

Aytrial

been ages since i messed with pokemon somewhat seriously. I assume nature determines stat growth somewhat?

I'm not really into the whole competitive scene, but from my understanding Nature raises one stat while decreasing another stat by a percentage value. For those that want the most out of their 'Mon, they'll be targeting specific Natures to raise the most beneficial stat of the Pokemon while decreasing its least important one.

For casual play, it doesn't really have a huge impact.

Heart Scales. Luvdisc has those, right? So old rod most places + thief?

been ages since i messed with pokemon somewhat seriously. I assume nature determines stat growth somewhat?
Yep, by acting as modifier to base stats (*1.1 one stat, *0.9 another...which may be the same stat even). The modifications are visible now too (notice the blue and pink stats...if there are none then the nature is neutral).

So while folks are connected to the internet, does anyone randomly get "Connection interrupted" or something every so often. Without closing the lid or pressing home, just by walking around/battling/etc, it seems to happen randomly.
I was getting it this morning when trying to get a thick club Cubone in a trade and I had filtered the GTS to Pokemon I have (when I tried without it worked fine).

daripad

Guys, this is the first time I'll have to ignore the sarter. Frogadier is.too weak and.doesn't have a decent movepool. If by the time it evolves it doesn't get better, then I'll change it for someone better.

Yes, I'm serious, and it hurts to say this.

Teknoman

So...Hotel Ambrette, think that'll be a daily event type thing. A woman said that she talked to a customer several times, hit it off, and then got something rare.

Trey

Guys, this is the first time I'll have to ignore the sarter. Frogadier is.too weak and.doesn't have a decent movepool. If by the time it evolves it doesn't get better, then I'll change it for someone better.

Yes, I'm serious, and it hurts to say this.

I have a level 47 Frogadier. Only thing useful it tried to learn has been Bounce and Substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom