• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aytrial

Woo, finally got the black tote bag. I should be rolling with this look from now on unless some other stuff unlocks post-game.

f0Tr1Id.jpg

daxy

1. Dunno. I think late game plot, hidden stuff, this game's 'Red' battle (read: final challenge/boss). Mostly a judgement call really.

2. I base my picks around a balanced type coverage, offensively and defensively. But I forget what each type does so can't really comment on yours. Seems ok? I would switch out Pancham for something else, personally. Honedge is a beast.
Also, I think you might have goofed by evolving your Pikachu. I don't think Raichu learns any moves and depends on them already being learned by Pikachu. I recall one of the previous games having a guy you can go to that teaches your Pokemon old moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to moves they would have gotten in a previous evolution.

3. Probably should have. If I'm not mistaken, the first badge only gives you control over Pokemon until lv. 30, so it's possible that your 31 Braixen will not listen to some commands every now and then.

I'm at 21 hours now and at the fifth gym. I've been doing a lot of other random stuff like breeding and trading though. The first two badges were the slowest to pick up for me, but 3 and 4 I got pretty quickly.

Just got a lv.42 female Noibat via Wonder Trade. I want to breed it but I don't know what I can breed it with. Progress-wise, I just got to the breeder betwene the first and second gym. What's the soonest I can catch a Pokemon compatible with Noibat?

Stoof

I gave up on getting an Adamant Tyrunt and settled for one I bred that had an immense attack and okay speed. Good idea to put EVs in attack and speed?

I really wish they added more minigames for it. It's really nice to be able to allocate effort like this, but it feels like a chore. It's especially bad when you add a new Pokemon to your team and you need to start training it from scratch.

I've decided to not even worry about it until post game, I'm already steam-rolling everything in the story I don't see a need to do it at this point. Plus, with the addition of the reset bags I can just undo all the EVs they accumulate through the story.

Tenks

Should I continue to level up my Furfrou? I can't seem to find it if evolves into anything. Right now it is pretty godly at level 20 but not sure if his ceiling is low since it is a normal type who doesn't evovle.

Trey

Just got a lv.42 female Noibat via Wonder Trade. I want to breed it but I don't know what I can breed it with. Progress-wise, I just got to the breeder betwene the first and second gym. What's the soonest I can catch a Pokemon compatible with Noibat?

Noivern is Dragon, right? You can catch Bagons on Route 8.

I gave up on getting an Adamant Tyrunt and settled for one I bred that had an immense attack and okay speed. Good idea to put EVs in attack and speed?

If it's Adamant, generally you put your EVs into Atk/Spe.

Korosenai

Trading my charmander for a ditto was the best idea ever. Started breeding chespins and trading them online ive already got: charmander, fennekin, eevee, squirtle, and bulbasaur. Still have yet to breed an adamant chespin though.

TheMink

I have been playing Pokemon since blue and yet i have no idea why people are trying to get a certain disposition for their pokes can someone fill me in?

daxy

I've got an adamant Tyrunt. If that thing where you give it an everstone at the daycare still works and hands down the same nature, I could hook you up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I have been playing Pokemon since blue and yet i have no idea why people are trying to get a certain disposition for their pokes can someone fill me in?

A Pokemon's nature affects it's stats. They boost one at the expense of another (some don't have any effect). Affected stats will be highlighted red or blue on the status screen.

Magnus

Help me understand why you'd want to use a Reset Bag. It takes so fucking long to raise stats through using bags and super training....why erase all of that progress?

Unless there's something critical I'm missing about how these EVs work.

gazele

Banned

Natures make one stat improved and one stat decreased, so one may improve attack but decrease speed, and another may boost defense and decrease special attack

Depending on what kind of pokemon you have and want, the nature can make it better

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Natures increase one stat by 10% and decrease another by 10%. So say for example you have a Pokemon that is a physical attacker primarily. You wouldn't need special attack really, so a -special attack +attack or +speed nature would help you by increasing a useful stat while decreasing a useless one. That's an arbitrary example, but I hope that makes sense.

Elider

Nature affects stats (+10% to one and -10% to another). Since story mode is easy enough without minmaxing, I really have no idea why people bother with this.

Berordn

Help me understand why you'd want to use a Reset Bag. It takes so fucking long to raise stats through using bags and super training....why erase all of that progress?

Pokemon can only have 510 EVs at a time. If you're min/maxing you want them all in specific stats.

Salsa

im still early on so attack animations arent crazy but the 3D in 1v1 battles seems better than I was told. Been leaving it on. Framerate dips with some random stuff like throwing a pokeball, but honestly the effect is cool

evs add more points to a particular stat which makes every point count so a reset bag is critical if u accidentally put points into the wrong stat by mistake

Roto13

One of my Passers By has a little picture of a cake or something on them. When I select them, the "nice" button is replaced with "congrats."

Is it their birthday or something? :p

Ultimadrago

If you decide to seriously Super Train your starter Pokemon by say, the second gym and have mained them ever since. You've gained random EVs from wild battles and trainer battles that hinder your optimizing of stats. Giving it a clean slate and filling it asap is the fix.

Zidy

In endgame competitive battling, every EV point counts. Maybe you battled too many Ralts with your Absol and he got unneeded points in Spec. Atk. Therefore, you reset stats and start from scratch.

Regiruler

People really need to start using common sense when they ask if the nature is good or not.

Also, Korrina was laughably easy. I did a little carbink shenanigans, but then I swapped into Honedge and the Mienfoo couldn't touch it. I proceed to stack swords dance twice in a row and sweep her entire team. Was expecting the Lucario but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom