• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

You can probably trade Delphox for another max-evo starter.
That's where the OCD comes into play... I don't like raising traded pokemon. Like I always ask for eggs in trades lol.

So close to restarting like a fool because here I am theory building a team.

Man I love that this game has taken over my life.

XaosWolf

Also, Korrina was laughably easy. I did a little carbink shenanigans, but then I swapped into Honedge and the Mienfoo couldn't touch it. I proceed to stack swords dance twice in a row and sweep her entire team. Was expecting the Lucario but w/e.

She shows up with 2 Lucarios and never uses them at all. Must be her off-work pokémon. =/

Soooo, is super training best for higher level Pokemon?

I was playing it last night for the first time ... used Delphox at mid 40s. BREEZED through the first 2 levels but then I tried the 3rd with my level 21 Dog (cause Delphox was fully trained by then) and that shit was next level annoying.

Went back with Delphox and my level 40 Blaziken and it was easy as Sunday morning again.

I have yet to level up a Pokemon that super trained, do they get all of the possible ev stat-boost at ONCE upon leveling up if you "fully train" them or is this just a road map that directs how they will grow until level 100?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bah, I keep getting Hard Stone and Stardust on the Aegislash Balloon. What's the requirement to get Dusk Stone?

Ultratech

So far my team is:

Frogadier
Combusken
Ivysaur
Pikachu
Honedge
Espurr (last spot is kinda rotating at the moment)

Just got to the daycare and did some battling in the Chateau.
Also just
woke up and caught the Snorlax.

My Honedge is gonna be a real beast later since I managed to capture one with an Adamant nature on my first go (named him Excalibur, lol).

Did some Wonder Trading earlier too.
Didn't get much except a Solosis from Japan and a Fletchling from some country.

Stoof

I've got an adamant Tyrunt. If that thing where you give it an everstone at the daycare still works and hands down the same nature, I could hook you up.
That would actually be pretty awesome :) I'd certainly appreciate it, though I can't get on till around 4 CST (3 1/2 hours from now).

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but is the entire pokemon roster available in this game? Can I really catch them all? And how many would that be? Again sorry, this is my first jump into pokemon since Gold.

RkOwnage

Is there a reference guide somewhere for breeding Pokemon yet? I caught two Dittos today and I am interested in learning about how it works, how long it takes, etc, but I can't find anywhere that has the info.

Magnus

Pokemon can only have 510 EVs at a time. If you're min/maxing you want them all in specific stats.

evs add more points to a particular stat which makes every point count so a reset bag is critical if u accidentally put points into the wrong stat by mistake

If you decide to seriously Super Train your starter Pokemon by say, the second gym and have mained them ever since. You've gained random EVs from wild battles and trainer battles that hinder your optimizing of stats. Giving it a clean slate and filling it asap is the fix.

Didn't realize there was a cap to the stat points you could raise. Thanks!

Also, FYI, Embargo has no effect on Mega Evo stones, even though they're Items.

Whooops, new page ...

I was playing it last night for the first time ... used Delphox at mid 40s. BREEZED through the first 2 levels but then I tried the 3rd with my level 21 Dog (cause Delphox was fully trained by then) and that shit was next level annoying.

Went back with Delphox and my level 40 Blaziken and it was easy as Sunday morning again.

I have yet to level up a Pokemon that super trained, do they get all of the possible ev stat-boost at ONCE upon leveling up if you "fully train" them or is this just a road map that directs how they will grow until level 100?

Forgot to add, does anyone know how to tell a Pokemon's IVs in this game yet?

Can't bring over my flawless Ditto and the flawless baby mons until the Bank is up so that would be helpful.

Teknoman

What's the point of pokemon having items on them?

Works like equipment in other JRPG. Some boost stats, some heal in a pinch, some damage enemies, and some can be thrown for damage.

As for HM cut and TM Rock Smash, I know Rock is given by an npc near the Aquarium. Cut was...somewhere near the mansion you chase the Furfrou around? One of the NPC says cut is nearby if you can find it I believe.

Zelias

Banned
Whooops, new page ...

Forgot to add, does anyone know how to tell a Pokemon's IVs in this game yet?

Can't bring over my flawless Ditto and the flawless baby mons until the Bank is up so that would be helpful.
There's an IV Judge in Kiloude City after you beat the Champion, but like earlier gens, he's rather vague.

NZerker12

No, the more ev's you have the easier it is. For instance investing in attack or sp attack will make your shots more effective

Works like equipment in other JRPG. Some boost stats, some heal in a pinch, some damage enemies, and some can be thrown for damage.

As for HM cut and TM Rock Smash, I know Rock is given by an npc near the Aquarium. Cut was...somewhere near the mansion you chase the Furfrou around? One of the NPC says cut is nearby if you can find it I believe.

Correct. Found this last night before going to bed. It's in
the top-left garden maze in a yellow poke-ball.

daxy

That would actually be pretty awesome :) I'd certainly appreciate it, though I can't get on till around 4 CST (3 1/2 hours from now).

No prob. I'll be on around then for sure.
The everstone thing still works and I hatched three adamant Tyrunts! One of them looks like he has good IVs too because his attack stat is even higher than the rest. I'll hook you up with that one :D

Regiruler

There's an IV Judge in Kiloude City after you beat the Champion, but like earlier gens, he's rather vague.

Calculators can use it to take it into account. It's also good for soft reseters as if he just outright calls a pokemon mediocre you get the a-ok to reset without punching in the numbers.

Speaking of which is that wifi IV rumor true?

Zero148

just had an amazing wondertrade day. Cought some pokemon I already had and got a haunter and a snorlax in wondertrade. Put the Snorlax up for trade for a Ditto and someone made the deal, now I have a Froaky egg and a charmander egg on the way. Will use these to get the other starters through the GTS. The game is amazing. Also I have one badge after 11 hours playtime.

Oh, and I need some people on my friendlist (FC 2964-8607-5533, name is Zero). Would be amazing if some of you could add me too

Oh, well I guess I should hold off on trying to make meh prefect Fox until post game. Will just breed a few to trade (Fem-Delphox was the only way I could go ... restarted 4 times for it before I figured I could save right before the talk but by then I was given a female Fox.)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
150 Pokemon get!

On to the next 150.

Is there a stealth rock TM in this game?

I found X-scissor luckily but really want stealth rock for my lead considering everyone is going to be mega charzarding like a newb lol.

Regiruler

Um so... i killed
Snorlax after the flute storyline
Is there a way to get him again?

Not sure about that one in particular but I'm sure you can get another.
Is there a stealth rock TM in this game?

I found X-scissor luckily but really want stealth rock for my lead considering everyone is going to be mega charzarding like a newb lol.
IIRC stealth rock is no longer a TM. I do know that Carbink learns it though.

gazele

Banned
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but is the entire pokemon roster available in this game? Can I really catch them all? And how many would that be? Again sorry, this is my first jump into pokemon since Gold.

The entire roster is not available, there's more than ever, although there will probably be around 300 that you can only get by importing from earlier gens

No, the more ev's you have the easier it is. For instance investing in attack or sp attack will make your shots more effective

WUT!?!?

I just reset all my Delphox's EVs because she had a stupidly high amount in attack instead of S. Attack and now the mini-games will be WAY harder for her? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom