• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

For those still looking for HM 1, Cut, its in that fancy garden where you chased the Furfruo. Somewhere on the lower left I believe. The place where you saw fire works.

Hey, aren't there EV reducing berries? Or do I have to use a reset bag and scrap the whole thing if I want to go competitive? My Delphox has too much invested into Speed. And it's of a bashful nature, but I'm cool with neutral.

Regiruler

WUT!?!?

I just reset all my Delphox's EVs because she had a stupidly high amount in attack instead of S. Attack and now the mini-games will be WAY harder for her? o_O

You needed to reset them anyway because those attack EVs would prevent you from getting more in other stats, in the case S Attack (granted you can't put all your EVs into one stat).

Neiteio

QUESTION ABOUT FURFROU:

So we know there are at least nine different hair styles you can give her. Are each of these styles registered in the Pokedex? I see that Mega Evolutions can be viewed in the Pokedex. Can Furfrou's different hair styles be viewed there, as well?

SuperSah

Banned
Taking a nice little break. Just about to tackle the
Power Plant
. Nearly everybody on the GTS is an unreasonable asshole. Venasaur still looks like a pimp.

Incoming "dropped my 3DS in da baff :(" thread...

Yeah, the GTS is still as unreasonable as ever.

I mean, come on guys, I'm not giving you a level 100 Xerneas for a Bidoof! Stop being so stingy.

Teknoman

Is there a stealth rock TM in this game?

I found X-scissor luckily but really want stealth rock for my lead considering everyone is going to be mega charzarding like a newb lol.

I steamrolled one with Quilladin using roll out lol. Granted I got started two turns before, but damn I know the other passerby trainer was like:

ind30IWdaUf4h.gif

Regiruler

QUESTION ABOUT FURFROU:

So we know there are at least nine different hair styles you can give her. Are each of these styles registered in the Pokedex? I see that Mega Evolutions can be viewed in the Pokedex. Can Furfrou's different hair styles be viewed there, as well?

Gonna go out on a limb and say yes as they are considered different visual forms.

Only pokemon that doesn't let you see different patterns is spinda, which has a million different spot combinations.

Kyzer

Banned
No prob. I'll be on around then for sure.
The everstone thing still works and I hatched three adamant Tyrunts! One of them looks like he has good IVs too because his attack stat is even higher than the rest. I'll hook you up with that one :D

Any way you could save me one? Im at work till 4 est ...

Teknoman

QUESTION ABOUT FURFROU:

Follow up question:

Can you give Furfrou a mohawk? Because with that 1/2 physical attacks ability...I kinda want to train one. The wild look seems pretty cool on its own though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, the GTS is still as unreasonable as ever.

I mean, come on guys, I'm not giving you a level 100 Xerneas for a Bidoof! Stop being so stingy.

GTS is as fine as ever. I got all 6 starters and the other fossil I missed in no time. You should basically never "look" for a pokemon and just put a deal up yourself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wait I don't remembering battling snorlax after the flute thing.

OceanBlue

Can you back up saves by backing up your SD card onto your computer? Maybe people are putting up legendaries in the Wonder Trade and rolling back their save.

I don't really know why sky battles are a thing.

I almost never use flying Pokemon so I've yet to do one lol.

Neiteio

Gonna go out on a limb and say yes as they are considered different visual forms.

Only pokemon that doesn't let you see different patterns is spinda, which has a million different spot combinations.
OK, I hope you're right. The different Furfrou forms look awesome enough to "collect" in the model viewer. I'm not yet sure whether I'd actually raise a Furfrou for battling, though.

Lots of Pokémon that look like they'd be weaker but catch my eye anyways. Furfrou, Dedenne, Carbink.

Btw, I heard Dedenne is on Route 11 but couldn't find any last night. Does he only show up during the day? Is he exceedingly rare?

XaosWolf

Apparently they're for
mega evolution demonstration
, but I'll probably just wall them with Joan's (Quilladin) specialty Seedtect combo instead of playing along.

Actually a bit bummed about that as I'd raised a Lucario by that point. Thought getting
Lucarionite
would be a lot harder. And certainly not just having it's user given to you on a plate.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The guy who uses the flute says the Snorlax is grumpy or something when it wakes up so he needed you to battle it.
Jesus I must have been watching tv and just spaced out during that part. :(

Is there a good description about how trading works in this game somewhere? It's my first 'mon game since gen 1 and I'm thoroughly confused...and I don't want to put anything up for trade without knowing how things work!

OK, I hope you're right. The different Furfrou forms look awesome enough to "collect" in the model viewer. I'm not yet sure whether I'd actually raise a Furfrou for battling, though.

Lots of Pokémon that look like they'd be weaker but catch my eye anyways. Furfrou, Dedenne, Carbink.

Btw, I heard Dedenne is on Route 11 but couldn't find any last night. Does he only show up during the day? Is he exceedingly rare?

rare if u dont have the static ability i find

Teknoman

I don't really know why sky battles are a thing.

It would be nice for online battles. A cool way to restrict things and make you use whatever you can.

Thats why I enjoy pickup battles via PSS. You end up fighting with forms, evos, and move sets you usually wouldnt in today's EV trained world.

Its like link cable battles 2.0

Also just ran into Kangaskhan!

Stoof

No prob. I'll be on around then for sure.
The everstone thing still works and I hatched three adamant Tyrunts! One of them looks like he has good IVs too because his attack stat is even higher than the rest. I'll hook you up with that one :D
Thanks a lot :) PM me your friend code and I'll add you when I get back!

psa for super training: if u press up or down on the d-pad u will move closer or farther away it makes it a lot easier to dodge and weave :p

also ill be grinding for dusk stones and stuff so if u want one just send me a pm later

my fc is 5455 9897 2427

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I really want the soundtrack to this game, the theme in shalour town is amazing.

CassSept

Damn, with PokeBank and revamped Exp. Share I'm thinking about transferring everything from my Gen III and Gen IV games and completing the entire Pokedex. The entire 718 thing. How crazy of an idea is that :(

Btw, [post-Gym 7]
As terrible as the pacing of Team Flare plot was, Jesus, that ending with Xerneas spawning from the tree, starting the fight with that music playing was perhaps the most epic thing in the series, that was amazing

Not sure about that one in particular but I'm sure you can get another.

IIRC stealth rock is no longer a TM. I do know that Carbink learns it though.

Shoot. How am I going to teach SR to my leads now?
I mean I could try a tyrantrum lead rofl.

I could carry over my gen 5 team but my 1st friendly match is this week.

Damn, with PokeBank and revamped Exp. Share I'm thinking about transferring everything from my Gen III and Gen IV games and completing the entire Pokedex. The entire 718 thing. How crazy of an idea is that :(

Btw, [post-Gym 7]
As terrible as the pacing of Team Flare plot was, Jesus, that ending with Xerneas spawning from the tree, starting the fight with that music playing was perhaps the most epic thing in the series, that was amazing

To be honest I'm not sure how much of the rest you'll need to Poke-Bank over, Legendaries and starters aside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom