• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, trying to read all of this thread and am like 23 pages behind. D:

Anywayz: About 16 hours in and still not at tye second gym. I just know every gym afterwards will be quick. Would've been so awesome if the game was really that long, doesn't really feel like any filler so far.

My team:

Fenniken* - Fennec - Lv. 28
Vivilion (SP?) - Scatter - Lv. 27
Flabebe* - Floetta - Lv. 27
Combusken - Lv. 26

I wanna always play with a team of 6 with the first playthrough. So my other picks when I get to them:

Dedanne
Inkay*

So all new Pokemon with Blaziken because I wanna see Mega Evolution.

Ones marked with a * are ones that I will not evolve because the evolved forms are ugly.

Really enjoying the ga,e so far. Graphics are better than I expected in battles and overworld. Happy that wifi 1vs1 supports 3D. After finding out Double battles and up didn't, I expected the worse.

Also omg the wifi in this game is the best Nintendo has ever done. So many things to do, always connected, simply amazing.

I am catching every new Pokemon I see, I was actually thinking of offering some on the GTS with a weird nickname so that other gaffers could search for them and get them for free. (Dunno if the search function works with nicknames, but it did in the DS games so I assume so.)

Really awesome game and can't wait to see the rest of it and start EV training for the first time later on!

QP3

So I have played every gen since 1.

They really did always feel rehashed, but I enjoyed them for nostalgia sake.

This one, however, really feels *new* to me. The adventure feels as close to the first time I played Blue. I was skeptical with the new graphics and what not, but this game is great. Thank you GF.

Hedge

Question about post-game mechanic:

So, getting the Pokeradar after the Elite 4, is that from seeing all pokemon in all three dex's or is it catching them all? Because there are a lot.

is it just me or is the story plain... idiotic? the whole 'rag tag group of friends' is dumb. megaevolutions... lets just ask everyone on the road about it? Really?

Really disappointing after they try to add a bit more umph in bw bw2.

is it just me or is the story plain... idiotic? the whole 'rag tag group of friends' is dumb. megaevolutions... lets just ask everyone on the road about it? Really?

Everytime there's a cutscene in a Pokemon game I skip right through it. It's not what I love in Pokemon and I don't have the patience to read it.

The Lamp

Shiny Pokemon MUST be more common, my little brother has just caught a Shiny Trapinch. That's 2 in the past 3 hours in this house!

Yeah, no way the probability is the same.

Makes me happy though because maybe I have a chance to catch my first shiny Pokemon in 15 years of Poke-gaming :l

Are you near the legendary yet?

It opens up a bit more then and I suspect that Z will be delve into it further.

The Lamp

No you're right. It's awful. I also miss mean/douche rivals but I guess Nintendo thinks that isn't kid-friendly enough nowadays :l

Dr. Buni

I am liking the story. I don't see what is idiotic about it. I actually disliked the story from Gen V, it tried too hard to be epic and failed. The story in XY is more like the story of older Pokémon games and that is awesome.

PS: Friendly rivals > Douche rivals. I don't know why people want characters to be douches -_-

hoserx

I would like to announce that I am a 30 year old man playing Pokemon for the first time, I have commissioned a coworker to craft a Pokeball knit hat to equip for the upcoming Winter.

Holmes

Wonder trade is weird. Traded a lvl.12 Honedge and got Yveltal in return from a japanese player. Seeing as I'm playing X... this is pretty good, I guess.

But seriously, is the game hacked already?
I don't think the game has been hacked. Guess you got really lucky.

IHaveIce

Banned

Yeah it is.

Wouldn't the looks and the variety of pokemon in this game be so good I would be disappointed.

Post game is bad as far as I see( seriously how are Strong trainers missing like GameFreak and someone like Cynthia.) Story is dumb and I have to say I think the Region feels weird, either something is way too distant or everything is superclose.

At least the wondertrade, super training and friend safari are good things

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
hmm im not exactly an expert but in my opinion u should look into a fighting type pokemon since they tend to be fairly diverse (meditite is a fairly decent choice) honestly i also feel the monkeys arent really that great so dropping them might not be a bad idea to replace them for some more versatile grass and water types pokemon like skiddo are fairly versatile and can cover a lot of weaknesses. Honedge is also another decent pokemon i would recommend using as its typing is fairly awesome.

As for how your playing just enjoy the game at your pace there is really no right or wrong when playing and using your favorite designs is also half the fun of the game

What about Psyduck? Looks cool, does he suck? :D

2. I base my picks around a balanced type coverage, offensively and defensively. But I forget what each type does so can't really comment on yours. Seems ok? I would switch out Pancham for something else, personally. Honedge is a beast.
Also, I think you might have goofed by evolving your Pikachu. I don't think Raichu learns any moves and depends on them already being learned by Pikachu. I recall one of the previous games having a guy you can go to that teaches your Pokemon old moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to moves they would have gotten in a previous evolution.

Can honedge to the handy tasks too? like cutting trees and smashing rocks etc? I have another unevolved Pikachu actually, so maybe I should trade out the evolved one. I actually got the evolved one in a Wonder trade and thought I'd done good. :p (traded for a lv 10 Oddie or something). I kinda like the moves the Raichu has got already though

3. Probably should have. If I'm not mistaken, the first badge only gives you control over Pokemon until lv. 30, so it's possible that your 31 Braixen will not listen to some commands every now and then.

I see. will look up where to find it then. :)

edit: Looked it up, seems like I'm on the right path. I have probably just to spent too much time in that sweet grass catching pokemons :p

Thanks for replying, both of you!!

Magnus

Could someone do me a favor and give me the vaguest hint possible about how to evolve my Honedge? Lol

Like, as vague as possible. Should I be looking for something in the game world for it to interact with? Is it an item like a stone? Is it just by levelling up? Spoiler tag if you like. Thanks.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait.. so do pokemon stop listening to you if you overlevel them? I thought people said that only happens with traded pokemon?

OceanBlue

I think the interesting part about the group of friends is that it's the biggest reinforcement I've seen for the idea that you can play through the game however you want. Of course, progression is still locked through battles so you have to be good at those, but I like that the game is constantly reminding you that you can take a break from your trainer-destroying rampage and do something else. It helps that this game feels as if it has the most side content and wild Pokemon of any Pokemon game and that everything feels connected to Lumiose City.

Could someone do me a favor and give me the vaguest hint possible about how to evolve my Honedge? Lol

Like, as vague as possible. Should I be looking for something in the game world for it to interact with? Is it an item like a stone? Is it just by levelling up? Spoiler tag if you like. Thanks.

same way as how you'd evolve.... wait just honedge to the next? just level up until
i believe. 3rd form requires
dusk stone

gazele

Banned

If you mean second to third form, It's a stone

Ragus

Banned
When does Jolteon learn its first electric move? I'm on level 24, and I still got nothing but Swift, Bite, Quick Attack and Thunder Wave (TM which I gave it).

Am I the only one here who faced the fighting gym with a Golurk?

It was AMAZING seeing the computer try to figure out a way to fight a ghost type when literally ever Pokemon in that gym only has normal or fighting type moves as their damage dealing attacks. One of the low rankers in the gym just kept whirlwinding until Delphox shut him down.

Teknoman

Are you near the legendary yet?

It opens up a bit more then and I suspect that Z will be delve into it further.

No you're right. It's awful. I also miss mean/douche rivals but I guess Nintendo thinks that isn't kid-friendly enough nowadays :l

Once the evil team shows up, things will definitely take a turn for the dramatic. Right now its just a carefree Pokemon research tour. After hanging in the leak thread pre-release, its one of the heavier stories in the series.

The zubat cave? lol

Nah, Glittering. Althought the Zubat cave was pretty awesome
Short, next to no zubat for one reason or another, Axew, and others lol

Wait.. so do pokemon stop listening to you if you overlevel them? I thought people said that only happens with traded pokemon?

Yes, you can naturally overlevel them as well. I'm not sure about the range it takes place though. Obviously it isn't as harsh as the trades, which can disobey as early as lvl 10.

Edit: Or maybe not. It's been a long time since I've played, and I'm not too deep into this one yet.

Le sigh.

Attempting to get a haunter from the GTS and every single one:

"This pokemon has already been traded"

Then why is it up nintendo.

Why tease me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom