• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilusion

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.

Did a wonder trade,offered a 48 amoongus, got matched up with a guy with the message "UR WELCOME". Guess what I received?
Mewtwo
Holy shit!!!

-Horizon-

Nah, Glittering. Althought the Zubat cave was pretty awesome
Short, next to no zubat for one reason or another, Axew, and others lol

Yeah, Zubat cave was strange, did not meet any Zubat but met hordes of Whismur if I recall correctly.

Reflection Cave is my current favorite. Glittering cave was awesome for the perspective change up though.

Also Mr Mime is terrifying in caves.

What about Psyduck? Looks cool, does he suck? :D

Can honedge to the handy tasks too? like cutting trees and smashing rocks etc? I have another unevolved Pikachu actually, so maybe I should trade out the evolved one. I actually got the evolved one in a Wonder trade and thought I'd done good. :p (traded for a lv 10 Oddie or something). I kinda like the moves the Raichu has got already though

I see. will look up where to find it then. :)

edit: Looked it up, seems like I'm on the right path. I have probably just to spent too much time in that sweet grass catching pokemons :p

Thanks for replying, both of you!!

psyduck is definately not a bad pokemon it gets some interesting moves

Seriously there are too many pokemon and for the most part I stick with leveling 5 (+ hm mule) each playthrough :(

that terrible teaser where you get a bagon sooo early on.... gaahhh..

Kinda want a dragonite... does dragonite have a mega from (spoilers)?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Can you catch the [before second gym spoiler]
Snorlax later if you happen to not catch him when you moved him from the bridge?

I was wondering too. I wasted 2 great ball and a net ball on that sucker, and four regular balls.

Omzz

Holy shit...my Pidgeotto. During the course of battle i got hit with Torment and Encore. LOL. Poor guy couldn't do anything

Magnus

I just audibly screamed "Yay" as I saw those magical words appear on screen:

HM02 FLY

YES

Edit-

Sidenote: Sycamore's theme is awesome.

Ultratech

Did a wonder trade,offered a 48 amoongus, got matched up with a guy with the message "UR WELCOME". Guess what I received?
Mewtwo
Holy shit!!!

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

I did some Wonder Trading earlier and got a Throh named Bert and a Dugtrio.
I kinda had to laugh at Bert.

Anilusion

Mewtwo
Holy shit!!!

Quirky nature

Calculated IVs

HP 31
Attack 30 - 31
Defense 6 - 7
Spec. Attack 31
Spec. Defense 16 - 17
Speed 16 - 17

Holy fuck

Ultratech

Why is haunter so sought after?

Also how useful are buff/debuff moves overall?

Dat Gengar. (Really, it's pretty awesome.)

As far as buff/debuff moves go, it depends.
Stuff like Swords Dance and Dragon Dance can be incredibly awesome, but it really depends on what you're using.

Magnus

Are third stage evolutions that you can trigger at will generally desirable to do as soon as possible? That is, are there drawbacks, like missing out on moves the 2nd stage should learn first?

I'm thinking back to gen I. I'm pretty sure that it was desirable to evolve Haunter, Graveler, Kadabra and whatever the fourth one was ASAP because the third stage evos were just stat-boosts with no drawbacks.

Right?

entremet

Are third stage evolutions that you can trigger at will generally desirable to do as soon as possible? That is, are there drawbacks, like missing out on moves the 2nd stage should learn first?

I'm thinking back to gen I. I'm pretty sure that it was desirable to evolve Haunter, Graveler, Kadabra and whatever the fourth one was ASAP because the third stage evos were just stat-boosts with no drawbacks.

Right?

That is correct.

Level based evolutions, however, do get the bonus of learning moves earlier if you don't evolve them; however, we don't have a comprehensive Gen VI learnset out yet.

Stone evolution are risky because your learnset is much more limited it you use the Stones early. Eevees being an exception here.

NotLiquid

Oh wow I had no idea that roller skates turn get rid of directional walking completely. That's pretty awesome.

Enjoying this game so far. The 3D really is an incredibly massive change.

Meier

Does the game clock keep moving even if you have the system in sleep mode? Seems like mine is about an hour higher than when I last played.

Frolow

Banned
Is there a way to auto-connect with the online features? It's annoying to manually connect every time I open my 3DS from sleepmode.

t26

Only noteworth pokemon I got from GTS are Mightyena and Lairon, X exclusive.

Fake Edit: Just got a Japanese Charamader.

nubbe

Is there a way to auto-connect with the online features? It's annoying to manually connect every time I open my 3DS from sleepmode.

That would be awesome

But I'm just happy I wont need to confirm 4 times that I want to connect to the internet like in most Japanese games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom