• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderedToast

real shame that you can't change the names of traded pokemon, throws my theme of pop star names out of whack : (

i suppose it makes sense cos it gives you an incentive to catch them yourself, but for those that can't be caught it sucks. i wanted my kanto starters to be destiny's child!!

Me. I'm just doing things at my own pace.

I just reached Amberette last night because I've been goofing off (a.k.a catching Pokémon and whatnot). Two full boxes of no doubles. Team is kinda OP too, considering. 31, 29 X 2, 28 X 2, and 27. Just from trying to catch as many different ones as I can.

i suppose it makes sense cos it gives you an incentive to catch them yourself, but for those that can't be caught it sucks. i wanted my kanto starters to be destiny's child!!

I hope someone appreciates the Pikachus I sent out into the world Saturday night. Frank Zappa (my personal fav), Arch Enemy, Manowar, Baroness, Opeth...

real shame that you can't change the names of traded pokemon, throws my theme of pop star names out of whack : (

That's why we have breeding.

Kirlia

Banned
florges_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv1u.png
vibrava_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv2n.png
tyrantrum_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv3e.png

Tyrantrum Y U fat? Take em if you want em.

I think these old ones are still open for those interested: (at least I didn't see anyone take them)
venusaur_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qftzm.png
solrock_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmrh.png
roselia_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qapg5.png
flabebe_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q5v74.png
vivillon_continental_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q7v2b.png
ralts_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q75oi.png

OH GOOD GOD, those are amazing. If only there were a Kirlia one. :(

pariah164

Eight gym badges later, and my party heading to the Elite Four rests as follows (spoilered for evos):

Rose, the Serious
Aegislash
Level 69
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- False Swipe
- Shadow Claw

Graham, the Mild
Sylveon
Level 58
- Dazzling Gleam
- Last Resort
- Moonblast
- Misty Terrain

Rogue, the Bashful
Meowstic
Level 63
- Extrasensory
- Psychic
- Cut
- Charge Beam

Nala, the Careful
Pyroar
Level 63
- Flamethrower
- Headbutt
- Incinerate
- Crunch

Percy, the Modest
Greninja
Level 60
- Smack Down
- Water Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Giles, the Docile
Gogoat
Level 61
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Milk Drink

Feeling pretty good, I gotta admit.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
OH GOOD GOD, those are amazing. If only there were a Kirlia one. :(

I would totally use a Charmander one. As I'm not particularly attached to any of those Pokemon, I'll let someone else have 'em, but yeah those are pretty awesome!

LuuKyK

Just found some time to play this after the launch. So awesome! Loving almost everything about it.

Its weird though, that I played for about 15 hours and still only fought one gym leader. lol Feels like I am doing something wrong. At least I don't remember it taking this long in the first games. It was ages ago though, so I may be wrong. >_>

Where do you get rock smash at?

After the first cave you visit, in that city that you reach by jumping those spiky rocks (forgot the name lol), I think you just need to talk with the first lady walking around the Pokémon Center there. She is just by the entrance.

florges_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv1u.png
vibrava_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv2n.png
tyrantrum_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qhv3e.png

Tyrantrum Y U fat? Take em if you want em.

I think these old ones are still open for those interested: (at least I didn't see anyone take them)
venusaur_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qftzm.png
solrock_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmrh.png
roselia_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qapg5.png
flabebe_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q5v74.png
vivillon_continental_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q7v2b.png
ralts_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q75oi.png

Oh my. Your art is amazing Neorice! :drools:

By any chance do you have a Lightning (totally not Poke-related, I know :X) one ready or planned? I would love to use it if you ever do one. :D

Just found some time to play this after the launch. So awesome! Loving almost everything about it.

After the first cave you visit, in that city that you reach by jumping those spiky rocks (forgot the name lol), I think you just need to talk with the first lady walking around the Pokémon Center there. She is just by the entrance.

Oh my. Your art is amazing Neorice! :drools:

By any chance do you have a Lightning (totally not Poke-related, I know :X) one ready or planned? I would love to use it if you ever do one. :D

Found it, thanks.

Wow; people are extremely generous on wonder trade. I go a Pancham, Honedge, and a Charmander. I'll breed Froakies and start giving them away to keep the karma rolling.

Azure J

Eight gym badges later, and my party heading to the Elite Four rests as follows (spoilered for evos):

Rose, the Serious
Aegisslash
Level 69
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- False Swipe
- Shadow Claw

Graham, the Mild
Sylveon
Level 58
- Dazzling Gleam
- Last Resort
- Moonblast
- Misty Terrain

Rogue, the Bashful
Meowstic
Level 63
- Extrasensory
- Psychic
- Cut
- Charge Beam

Nala, the Careful
Pyroar
Level 63
- Flamethrower
- Headbutt
- Incinerate
- Crunch

Percy, the Modest
Greninja
Level 60
- Smack Down
- Water Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Giles, the Docile
Gogoat
Level 61
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Milk Drink

Feeling pretty good, I gotta admit.

The one downside to using a team full of traded Pokemon right here. I wanted to get playful with names too. I've never named my Pokemon before.

I've gotten a Japanese Pikachu, Litleo and Ditto.

BTW, Ditto means I can breed Torchics and Bulbasaurs for y'all, as well as Froakies. So PM me (or Tweet me) if ya want anything.

Kenai

Yea, this post-game content made X go from "Top 3 of the year" to probably GotY for me. That is no small feat in a year with FE: A and SMT 4.

In completely unrelated news, the first message I got walking around in the Friend Safari was "A wild
Growlithe
appears!", which was...much appreciated by me.

Ultimadrago

Thanks. I guess I should go beat the 2nd gym leader now.

You honestly don't even need to fight them yet if you don't want to for the stone.

He introduced himself and when he left to wait for me at the gym, I just walked away to get the Everstone in the next town.

Zoolader

My body is ready for pokemon and I'm leaving shortly to buy either X or Y. Is it cheaper than $39 anywhere and is there a definitive version since they were released?

Is there a region you noticed that gave out better ones, just curious.

Yes actually: All the good ones came from the Netherlands and Germany. Everyother countr failed if I remember correctly; The japanese seems to be only giving dross away for example.

When I saw how appearent the country of origin is; I went on wonder trade mostly to get crappy pokemon from around the world because my german Charmander's name was awesome, but he evolved into charmeleon :(

I am in North America.

Gardevoir being part Fairy is soo handy. She loses Dark/Bug weaknesses and gains Steel/Poison(LOL who uses those), and has immunity to Dragon. Psychic+Fairy is a pretty good combo too except for against Steel.

Holy shit Zangoose is tough to catch. They only appear in Seviper hordes and the Sevipers actively try and kill it. How can I defeat four Sevipers before they KO the Zangoose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom