• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Apparently, if I can use the IV calculator correctly, I got a Dragonair with 29~31 atk IV and 30~31 spd IV.
His stats are 77 HP/70 Atk/47 Def/51 Sp.A/45 Sp.D/56 Spd at Level 30. (naughty)

So, is it a good one?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I have two different colored flabebes, both female. How do I know which/if it's shiny?

Not sure how to determine if one is shiny, but I think those come in three different colors. Of course, I could be wrong so feel free to correct me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I am disappointed with the streetpass features.
sure :D
would you want something in return? i dont actually have much lol
Other than my team, i only have a Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Eevee and Raichu.

FC is 4613-6859-9071 btw
Pigeotto would be great. FC in profile.

Kirlia

Banned
Gardevoir being part Fairy is soo handy. She loses Dark/Bug weaknesses and gains Steel/Poison(LOL who uses those), and has immunity to Dragon. Psychic+Fairy is a pretty good combo too except for against Steel.

Plenty of people are using Steel and Poison, but using Gardevoir against Steel types was never really a good idea, so Gardevoir having a weakness to Steel isn't that surprising. Gardevoir still has an advantage over pure-Poison types with her Psychic moves as well. So Gardevoir, while not perfect, is so much better than before (and she was already pretty good in previous gens but overshadowed by other Pokemon such as Alakazam and Reuniclus).

Elija2

I haven't gotten anything interesting from Wonder Trade. Best I got was a level 30 Shelmet from Germany. Then again, I haven't given anything interesting away either so I guess you reap what you sow.

Jinjo

Holy shit Zangoose is tough to catch. They only appear in Seviper hordes and the Sevipers actively try and kill it. How can I defeat four Sevipers before they KO the Zangoose?

Is this like a version difference or something? X here and I could catch a Zangoose solo no problem. Haven't spotted a Seviper yet. Wondertraded the Zangoose away though.

Shoyz

Finally got around to checking the EXP boost powerup LV2. 1900 EXP from catching a Ditto with it, 1200 killing and catching one without it.

So a ~50% boost, sweet :)

Holy shit Zangoose is tough to catch. They only appear in Seviper hordes and the Sevipers actively try and kill it. How can I defeat four Sevipers before they KO the Zangoose?

I ran into a few single Zangooses last night on route 8.

Also wtf is going on with Prima. They don't have the guide out yet anywhere.

pulga

Banned
Is this like a version difference or something? X here and I could catch a Zangoose solo no problem. Haven't spotted a Seviper yet. Wondertraded the Zangoose away though.

If any X bro needs a Seviper, let me know. Could do with a Zangoose my way!
or a Charizard X stone pls pls pls someone pls D:

Any chance anyone has a low level scyther or cubchoo they'd be willing to give me? I'm early in the game and I kind of wanted them to be my main guys and level them up throughout the game...

Azure J

I wish if Power-Up Punch had a base 60 attack. STAB to give it 30 more + a guaranteed attack stat raise on a Speed Boost Blaziken is fucking lulz.

Plenty of people are using Steel and Poison, but using Gardevoir against Steel types was never really a good idea, so Gardevoir having a weakness to Steel isn't that surprising. Gardevoir still has an advantage over pure-Poison types with her Psychic moves as well. So Gardevoir, while not perfect, is so much better than before (and she was already pretty good in previous gens but overshadowed by other Pokemon such as Alakazam and Reuniclus).

Most if not all of the users of Steel/Poison type moves are Steel/Poison themselves, so even if they use it, it's predictable. Fair point though.

I think it's ability to switch in on an Outrage and rip a Dragon apart with it's huge Sp. attack might make it a worthwile Pokemon this gen.

venusaur_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qftzm.png

This is some stunning spritework, dude. If no one has claimed this one in particular yet, I think I'll nab it.

So, I'm trying to find Rotom in the Lost Hotel. I know that it appears in "Shaking spots" which I'm assuming is the Trash Cans. However, I haven't seen the cans move since the first time I went in there. At that point, the one I checked, i got an item from. so......will the cans ever shake again? Do I have to do something else? I just beat the 7th Gym Leader so I've gotten that far...but I can't figure out where the heck Rotom is.

I'm desperate to find one too since Rotom is my favorite Pokemon lol.

Even though I'm really enjoying this game, some things are just plain annoying.

I can't find a way to create my own ruleset for multiplayer battles with friends local or online, and I can't seem to choose an arena to fight in for the multiplayer battles. The only one available seems to be colloseum.

Would be wonderful if I could create a ruleset where every pokemon is lv50 and the max pokemon is 3. The rest should be the same as the normal ruleset.

Would also be great to battle in a forest or something once in a while.

The singleplayer is wonderful though, 26 hours in and only have 6 lvl'd up mons and 2 badges ^_^

vanty

I used Wonder Trade for the first time last night, had some good stuff with of course a lot of early crap equal to what I was sending out. Got an Eevee first trade, got a female Gengar a few trades later, finally I got a Farfetch'd which would normally mean nothing except when I looked at it in my box it had transformed the Farfetch'd I already had into an exact clone of it. Same level, move, stats, original trainer, etc.

One of the Japanese guys I wonder traded then kept wanting to trade me some weird purple slug/snail thing that was at double the level of anything I had. Eventually he swapped me a Luvdisc for one of my two Duckletts which was fine.

dumb question: Where do you find your friend code?
On the 3DS main screen you hit the orange face at the top for friends and it'll be on the top screen.

Ferrio

Banned
If I did a battle online does it do any sort of matchmaking? Try to match you with people who have pokemon of the appropriate level?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Is shaking grass in this game? I've seen some dark spots in caves that spawned Woobats and others, but I've yet to see something similar in grass.

yami4ct

What's a good nature for Sylveon? Anyone know?

Go with a SP-Atk up like modest if you want an offensive build. She can also be a great special wall. In that case, increasing HP, SP Def or Def for larger coverage are decent options. Modest, Bold or Calm could all be good options. I went Modest, as I'm building her for an in-game team. For competitive teams, a special wall may be more viable.

I'm overloaded on Eevees guys. I have like 30. If anyone wants one, let me know. I'd like something I don't have for them, but I'll pretty much give the males away. For the like 2-3 females up for grabs, I'd definitely need something a bit more.

The guides will give us all the official art/move lists, ya?

We should get the artwork for a majority of the mons, but I'd assume some of the later game Pokemon and probably Zygarde will be left out.

Usually what they've been doing with the guides is splitting them into 2; first one covers everything to the E4/some post game stuff, and the second will have more in depth stuff pertaining to the Pokedex.

I think someone already did, but I doubt the guy minds. Or maybe he does. I don't know too much about avatar etiquette.

No, you're right. Someone has it. Gotta respect dat claim.

Damnit. :'(

@artist If you ever find the time to make an Ambipom avatar... I'd...love that...
/plea

Off to the gym! First break I'll take from Pokemon since downloading it on release. (other than sleeping).

Hot DAMN this is easily the best Pokemon game yet. No contest.
So much fun. Very satisfied with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom